Magic bands go with the check to pay?

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
This is my first time back since Covid, and I just finished my first luxurious, delicious meal at Geyser Point lounge. I haven’t checked into my room yet but am enjoying the grounds and amenities.

When the check came, I wanted to pay with my magic band. The waiter asked to take it with him (like they do with credit cards). Is this a Covid safety measure? I don’t mind, just wanted to know if I can expect that everywhere.

This is my first time back since Covid, and I just finished my first luxurious, delicious meal at Geyser Point lounge. I haven’t checked into my room yet but am enjoying the grounds and amenities.

When the check came, I wanted to pay with my magic band. The waiter asked to take it with him (like they do with credit cards). Is this a Covid safety measure? I don’t mind, just wanted to know if I can expect that everywhere.

Depending on the restaurant maybe he didn't have his scanner with him? Pre COVID they would come to the table and scan someone's band and you didn't even have to take it off. Could be due to COVID or just that restaurants system

Here now. We had to give a Magic Band to the server at Spice Road Table, Cape May Cafe, and Oga’s. I thought it was strange as well…

Usually that only happens if the server is having problems with their scanner. Of course, I haven't been since January so perhaps things have changed.

I've done that at numerous places pre-Covid. To the point that I always just pay with a card at TS and lounges because it's easier to take that than my band.

Hmmm, I would take photo of back of your band and the band number to make sure you always get back YOUR band.

Also when DDP returns I would keep a close eye on credits, I would hate to have an accidental swipe and it not get corrected immediately.

Pre and post covid we've sometimes had our band taken when the handheld scanner wasn't working. At Via Napoli in April, our server apologized for the wifi being wonky and not allowing her to use the scanner. A couple years ago it felt like they always needed to take it with them and we would put our band in the folio. More recently, it's been rare for us to have to hand over a band. Maybe we've just had good luck with the scanners working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter