Magic Bands Questions

Shirley's Gift

Earning My Ears
Hi all - newbie here!

I want to purchase Disney magic bands for a trip in March. If I wait to purchase at Disney, I assume I will have a wider array of choices. Can I connect my magic band using my phone while I am at the park? Or do I have to connect it from a computer back in the room?

The selection of magic bands at the Disney site seems very small. Are there other good places online to purchase them before our trip?

Thank you!

Hi all - newbie here!

I want to purchase Disney magic bands for a trip in March. If I wait to purchase at Disney, I assume I will have a wider array of choices. Can I connect my magic band using my phone while I am at the park? Or do I have to connect it from a computer back in the room?

The selection of magic bands at the Disney site seems very small. Are there other good places online to purchase them before our trip?

Thank you!

You can connect it to your my disney experience via phone.
You can check eBay; look for sealed ones.

We have a trip to WDW coming up in June of this year. We had all already picked out our MB's through MDE, but now those choices are wiped out. And the pool of available MB's to choose from is much smaller. The only avilable solid color right now is raspberry! 🙄I was wondering about just waiting to purchase them onsite. Kinda worried about ordering from ebay or amazon to save a few bucks. I dunno. Seems MB's are getting phased out anyway

Seems MB's are getting phased out anyway
I really don't get any sense that MBs are being phased out. Just the free/"included" ones are gone. There are just too many places they're being used - park tickets, room key, charging privileges, LL taps, etc. MBs are still way more convenient for most folks than pulling up the app on a phone. I expect MBs will continue to evolve to do more - and cost more.

You could also order what they have and cover it with vinyl stickers available from etsy. There are a ton of choices and they completely cover the bands. Just search magic band cover.

Last month my daughter was able to purchase hers in the resort store (Poly) and have it connected to our plans at the resort front desk only. Later, we were able to add her credit card so her personal charges did not go on my card. We did this at Contemporary Resort.
Personally, we love MBs! Never had a problem with ours that couldn't be resolved quickly.

Is there somewhere on this site that shows what a MB actually does? I can't find a clear description.

Those that have been to Disney recently, is the selection at Disney Springs or the parks better than what is on MDE? Or, is the selection minimal onsite as well?

I was just looking for ours and thought the same thing. I ended up getting ones from Amazon. Just be careful which you choose as some have extended delivery dates. I was able to find some with a couple day shipping window.

Is there somewhere on this site that shows what a MB actually does? I can't find a clear description.

Your theme park ticket is linked to your MDE account.

If you are staying at a Disney hotel, your room is linked to your MDE account.

Your Magic Band is linked to your MDE account.

You can use your Magic Band to:

a) Enter a theme park

b) Enter the Genie+/ Lightning Lane line in a theme park, if you have a reservation

c) Have ride photos appear in your MDE account

d) Have Photopass photographer photos appear in your MDE account

e) If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you can use your Magic Band to open the door to your room

f) If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you can use your Magic Band to charge gift shop and restaurant purchases, made throughout Disney World, to your room. But if you use Mobile Order for a quick service restaurant, you cannot use your Magic Band to charge the restaurant purchase to your room; for Mobile Order you have to charge the meal to either a credit card or a gift card.

g) If you are staying at a hotel which is eligible for early entry or staying late in a park (sorry can't remember the official names), you can use your Magic Band to show that you are eligible.

h) If you are staying at a Disney hotel which checks people to make sure they are a guest of the hotel before allowing them into the pool area (such as Yacht Club & Beach Club), you can use your Magic Band to show that you are eligible to enter.

i) If you are paying for Club Level at a Disney hotel, you can use your Magic Band in the elevator to access the Club Level floor.

j) If you have a car and are staying at a Disney hotel, you can use your Magic Band to open the gate of the hotel parking lot.

k) If you have a car and are staying at a Disney hotel, I think you can use your Magic Band at a theme park to show that you are eligible for free parking. But I've never done it.

l) If you don't have a car and you are arriving at your Disney hotel by Uber/Lyft/Taxi/Towncar, the guard at the gate will ask to scan your Magic Band to show that you have a hotel reservation and are entitled to enter.

Those that have been to Disney recently, is the selection at Disney Springs or the parks better than what is on MDE? Or, is the selection minimal onsite as well?
I am wondering the same thing as well. Hopefully someone chimes in with what they have seen and the costs.

The selection varies. You can buy a magic band in the parks but you are paying full price not the discounted price that you get when you order for a room reservation. Supply chain issues are probably effecting the choice available for discounted bands.

I am wondering the same thing as well. Hopefully someone chimes in with what they have seen and the costs.
It's pretty minimal on-site as well. Not many colors and a few themed ones but not as many as i would have thought.

I only bought 1 for my daughter, a plain pink 1, and it was $21.29 with tax on 2/02 at the World of Disney Store in Disney Springs. I think the most expensive I saw was around $40, but don't quote me on that.

Got home last night. Yes, there were more at every shop I stopped in (and I stopped in them all) than I see online.

Last month my daughter was able to purchase hers in the resort store (Poly) and have it connected to our plans at the resort front desk only. Later, we were able to add her credit card so her personal charges did not go on my card. We did this at Contemporary Resort.
Personally, we love MBs! Never had a problem with ours that couldn't be resolved quickly.
By the way, there's no reason to go to the front desk to have a purchased magic band linked. You can do it yourself right on the website or the app. I bought the run Disney band last week and linked it. It worked better than many of the older ones I brought along.

I ordered mine a few months back. I can see them in my MDE. I'm staying at POP. Will they be in my room or must I pick them up at front desk? Are they linked already then or must i still do that myself? (i see them as 'active' in my MDE).
Also, i ordered 4. I can see 3 of them depicted in the MDE app but the 4th one does not have a picture next to it anymore of the exact one I ordered (just the number of the mb). It was a silver parkle one for my daughter. Will I still receive this one or does it mean it is sold out (even if i bought it a while ago) and I will receive some sort of replacement?

If you bought them from MDE's selection, they should be shipped to you. I had ordered my MBs in the beginning of Dec. '20 for a mid April'21 trip and I didn't receive them until March (there were issues with shipping back then and I know shipping delays still happen).

I'm based in Europe so they don't ship them there from what I understood when I ordered. But I did hope that my order would stick as how I made it in november 2021 for my april 2022 trip.

I ordered mine a few months back. I can see them in my MDE. I'm staying at POP. Will they be in my room or must I pick them up at front desk? Are they linked already then or must i still do that myself? (i see them as 'active' in my MDE).
Also, i ordered 4. I can see 3 of them depicted in the MDE app but the 4th one does not have a picture next to it anymore of the exact one I ordered (just the number of the mb). It was a silver parkle one for my daughter. Will I still receive this one or does it mean it is sold out (even if i bought it a while ago) and I will receive some sort of replacement?
Some of the special designs show up as a blank white circle on the website. It's just the image that's missing, your band should work fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter