• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic bands, tickets, and FP+… Oh My!

mrsladymontague

Earning My Ears
I am a relatively new poster, but read the boards compulsively before a trip to Disney. It has been a few years since we have been to the World and just a few things have changed! I appreciate any help you DIS experts can give me.

We are taking a 9-day trip in June, which is a “longer than normal” trip for us. We are actually coming for our DD12’s volleyball tournament and then staying a few extra days so she can enjoy the parks with us too. We are staying onsite. I have already made ADRs and FP+ selections for us.

My DS9 and I each have 9-day hoppers so we can go to the parks after volleyball each day, my DH has a 6-day hopper because he is coming a few days after us, and my DD12 has a 4-day hopper.

Here is where things get a little mixed up. I bought my DD her 4-day ticket before I knew that we were only going to have her for our last 3 days so she essentially has an “extra day” on her ticket right now. Her team is going to go to a park for one day. She has FP+ available since I have only booked reservations for 3-days of her 4-day ticket. I would like to just have her use her extra day that is already paid for on that park day, but I have a few questions.

1. Do we need to do something to activate her magic band? She would be going to the park with the team (without me, manager of the bands) before she ever checks in at the resort with us or uses her band with us because her team is staying off site.
2. Can her team mom somehow link her ticket number (magic band?) with the rest of the team’s tickets so that she can have the same FP+ windows?
3. If she does link her ticket, will all of the FP+ reservations I have made for the last 3 days of the trip for DD be erased or magically disappear?
4. If her ticket can be linked with what the team mom is doing, how do you do that?

I would love to avoid buying a ticket for one day since she already has one sitting on her magic band!

Thanks so much for your help! Hopefully our next trip will be less complicated.

I am a relatively new poster, but read the boards compulsively before a trip to Disney. It has been a few years since we have been to the World and just a few things have changed! I appreciate any help you DIS experts can give me.

We are taking a 9-day trip in June, which is a “longer than normal” trip for us. We are actually coming for our DD12’s volleyball tournament and then staying a few extra days so she can enjoy the parks with us too. We are staying onsite. I have already made ADRs and FP+ selections for us.

My DS9 and I each have 9-day hoppers so we can go to the parks after volleyball each day, my DH has a 6-day hopper because he is coming a few days after us, and my DD12 has a 4-day hopper.

Here is where things get a little mixed up. I bought my DD her 4-day ticket before I knew that we were only going to have her for our last 3 days so she essentially has an “extra day” on her ticket right now. Her team is going to go to a park for one day. She has FP+ available since I have only booked reservations for 3-days of her 4-day ticket. I would like to just have her use her extra day that is already paid for on that park day, but I have a few questions.

1. Do we need to do something to activate her magic band? She would be going to the park with the team (without me, manager of the bands) before she ever checks in at the resort with us or uses her band with us because her team is staying off site.
2. Can her team mom somehow link her ticket number (magic band?) with the rest of the team’s tickets so that she can have the same FP+ windows?
3. If she does link her ticket, will all of the FP+ reservations I have made for the last 3 days of the trip for DD be erased or magically disappear?
4. If her ticket can be linked with what the team mom is doing, how do you do that?

I would love to avoid buying a ticket for one day since she already has one sitting on her magic band!

Thanks so much for your help! Hopefully our next trip will be less complicated.

1. If her ticket is purchased AS PART OF a Resort Package (room and ticket combination) she needs to take her resort information to any Guest Relations outside any WDW park and the CM can activate the package tickets for use
with the MB.

2. Yes.

3. I have no idea. The system is so blinkin' GLITCHY that, frankly, who knows WHAT will happen?

4. Team mom needs to "invite" her to join with team mom's DME account.
Your daughter needs to accept the invitation.

Is this NUTS, or what??

Thanks so much Robo!

All of our tickets are separate from our resort reservation. I booked room only because we needed different length tickets for 3 out of the 4 of us.

I will cross my fingers that her FP+ selections stay put!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter