Magic Bands Upgrade

Don’t forget that a magic band will only have full functionality for about a year (according to Disney) the battery will go out, park entry and FP will continue to work but the Bluetooth tracking function will stop, this will mainly keep the auto photopass from working..

Don’t forget that a magic band will only have full functionality for about a year (according to Disney) the battery will go out, park entry and FP will continue to work but the Bluetooth tracking function will stop, this will mainly keep the auto photopass from working..
This isn’t completely accurate. I used some of my original bands for 4 years without any problems.

Some will say that portions of the band will no longer work for pictures taken in the ride etc. but I’ve found that with bands that are brand new too. I think the problem lies with the picture taking technology and not the bands themselves.

We use our bands for years and will continue to do so.

I have a 45th Anniversary Magic Kingdom train band, that I noticed at probably less than a year didn't seem to be working as much with the long range tech - so my name wasn't showing up at the end of Small World, etc. Was hit or miss on photos. Now both of those could just be issues on their end (not always working anyway).

However, I'm not too worried about that - if I like the band, I can just swap out the puck in the middle for a newer one - can even be CRAAAAZY and mismatch colors - "rebel."

The bigger problem with them lasting, I've noticed, is that the holes will start to wear out some. That MK 45th band is one I've worn the most, and it doesn't stay snapped together as well any more and comes off a little more easily.

Holy crap - finally worked. Just been updated again to more inventory, and managed to get the order through with Dole Whip - white Castle unfortunately wasn't there for my wife, but we'll try for that later with one of our kid-free trip ones - figure will be easier with only two to have to complete.

Was on trying to order and got the kids to accept alternate choices - son even chose a solid color. Couldn't get to checkout, when I refreshed, 10 more bands were added, including Vanellope! (one of my daughter's first choices) and Dole Whip. Was able to get the order through with Sorcerer Mickey, Dole Whip, Vanellope, and Flynn Rider.

I just read on the DFB that they are going to start giving you the option of upgrading your magic bands for a price. You will be able to choose from 30 different patters that will cost...I believe...$14.99? Has anyone else heard this? And does anyone know when this might be starting?
We ordered the premium magic bands a few days ago for $10 ea. for an upcoming DVC stay, so this has already launched. Right now, however, supplies seem to be very limited. In fact, several of the bands that we selected were already out-of-stock before we completed the online check-out, so we had to modify our order and select other bands. It seems that supply is not keeping up with demand and the inventory of available premium magic bands changes quickly.

I just looked and finally saw the band I want but keep getting the error others have received. Too bad!! Tried both private and normal setting on my phone. Disappointed but it gives me hope that it still may work out!!

I just looked and finally saw the band I want but keep getting the error others have received. Too bad!! Tried both private and normal setting on my phone. Disappointed but it gives me hope that it still may work out!!

I could be off on this, since I haven't been watching the time too closely, but I feel like this is 3 days in a row that the inventory has suddenly increased around mid-morning. Today it was sudden - was trying to order and it had been the same choices pretty much all morning, got an error message, refreshed, and there were 9 more bands total, with choices changing on more than that. Thinking about it, yesterday when I refreshed not long after having refreshed a few times throughout the morning with little to no changers, there were suddenly big changes. I think Thursday was like that as well, but can't remember timing. It might be worth watching throughout the mid-to-late morning to see if this is a pattern that holds up or was just a coincidence.

Edit: Perhaps it worked for me today because I was on at the moment the inventory changed and completed my order within a minute or two afterwards.

I had problem doing it my phone, ended up doing it on computer and it worked

Are new bands added every day or on a specific day and time - is it like Fastpass at 07.00 EST ? Not sure when I need to look or is is sporadic and can happen at any time. Very frustrated to see that although there is no stock on My Disney Experience, there is plenty of availability for the same design on Shop Disney.

Are new bands added every day or on a specific day and time - is it like Fastpass at 07.00 EST ? Not sure when I need to look or is is sporadic and can happen at any time. Very frustrated to see that although there is no stock on My Disney Experience, there is plenty of availability for the same design on Shop Disney.

I think most of us wish they just added bands at a fixed time and sold out. It still wouldn’t make sense (as you say there’s plenty of bands at all times on Shop Disney) but it would spare a lot of aggravation everyone’s been having from bands randomly appearing but then orders not going through.

Got my Lion King and white Castle bands today! I have one more MB I can choose, holding out for the snacks one to pop up again. Saw it on there this morning, but wasn't available when I went to confirm and now it's gone. Oh well, I have 84 more days, so hoping it comes up again!

Got my Lion King and white Castle bands today! I have one more MB I can choose, holding out for the snacks one to pop up again. Saw it on there this morning, but wasn't available when I went to confirm and now it's gone. Oh well, I have 84 more days, so hoping it comes up again!
We got the castle white band and the villains guy band

I've settled for not seeing the Baymax band again... but when I went for one of the Stitch designs, I couldn't finish the process. I'm just thankful I'm not traveling until November.

I could be off on this, since I haven't been watching the time too closely, but I feel like this is 3 days in a row that the inventory has suddenly increased around mid-morning. Today it was sudden - was trying to order and it had been the same choices pretty much all morning, got an error message, refreshed, and there were 9 more bands total, with choices changing on more than that. Thinking about it, yesterday when I refreshed not long after having refreshed a few times throughout the morning with little to no changers, there were suddenly big changes. I think Thursday was like that as well, but can't remember timing. It might be worth watching throughout the mid-to-late morning to see if this is a pattern that holds up or was just a coincidence.

Edit: Perhaps it worked for me today because I was on at the moment the inventory changed and completed my order within a minute or two afterwards.

Like I said, this may have been coincidence, but I've noticed the biggest increase seems to be in the mid-morning. Also, right after that mid-morning change in what's available has been the only time I've been able to successfully add all 4 bands to my cart and get through checkout. I've tried numerous other times, and I always run into problems. Try for mid-morning. Good luck.

I ordered my bands July 3rd and they arrived today! I got one standard colored band and the white castle band. Now, hopefully, I will remember to pack them when we go!

Ordered 2 upgraded bands last week for 2 upcoming trips. All worked out fine and got them within a few days. (Did take a day or two of trying to get the ones we wanted).

Over the past week I have found they have typically updated the stock between 3 - 4 uk time (most days it was closer to 3) so between 10/11 am EST. Like Anthony Vito the only time I was able to check out with all 4 of the ones my family wanted was right after they updated stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter