Magic bands

Amy269

Earning My Ears
so we have old magic bands that we have had for about two years. We used them last year no problem. We stay offsite. I was just reading that they recommend getti b a new one every year. Will ours just quit working? We go In march

I asked this question recently because mine is two years old and everyone said it should work fine.

I have a couple bands from when they first started rolling out the MB program, all of them are still working.
From what I understand, the RFID that interacts at the entrance and FP locations will always work, it is the longer range RFID (like ride photos) that will stop working.

my MB still work from 2 going on 3 years, even the long range RFID still worked and if it dose not Disney has MB that you can buy.

Idk who is recommending you get a new band every year (unless it's Disney wanting you to buy more)

Your band will be good for about 3 years. They are definitely good for more than 2 years for the long range function. And the short range will always work

For ride photos: I've had bands work for many years and bands that didn't work after several months. All the features where you touch the band to something (tickets, fastpass, photographers, meal plan, charging to room, etc) will work unless the band gets damaged, that part of the band requires no battery to function. It's the ride photos that link automatically that might not work and the only way to know if it stops working is to ride something and not have the photo show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter