Magic Bands?

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Are Magic Bands being used anymore? Is Disney trying the phase them out? Anyone still buying and using them? I've noticed a lot less choices on shopDisney. Personally, I'd rather use a magic band than my phone.

1. Are Magic Bands being used anymore?
2. Is Disney trying the phase them out?
3. Anyone still buying and using them?

1. Yes. Same as always.
2. Oh, maybe. They WILL be phased out eventually. Everything is, eventually.
3. Many are. Many are not.
And, if you have any MBs from previous trips, they will still work for 90%+ of the main functions at WDW.

Last edited:
Yes, still being used. I haven't heard anything to the effect that Disney is doing away with mb's.

You're not the only one who finds it much easier and convenient to use mb's rather than a phone.

Are Magic Bands being used anymore? Is Disney trying the phase them out? Anyone still buying and using them? I've noticed a lot less choices on shopDisney. Personally, I'd rather use a magic band than my phone.
There is currently a global computer chip shortage caused by COVID that's affecting availability of a vast array of products. The current limited selection of MagicBands is likely due to that shortage.

Seems to me we had this exact question just a few weeks ago. Same answer now as then; MB's are not being phased out. You just won't get them for free. As before you really don't need a MB. Your park admission ticket (like an AP) or your hotel room key (plastic card) will also work at the touch styles. So will your iPhone/watch.

There is no reason to buy a Magic Band.

Disney issues hard tickets that are the size of credit cards.

Much easier to remember my wallet than a Magic Band, IMHO.

And I have a Magic Band.

The other day I looked and there were so many choices. Great colors too. Now, all that is showing up, on mine, is the Riviera one. I don't want that one. I don't want a card. That is so easy to lose. I don't take anything to the parks with me. No bag. Nothing. I don't have to stand in the bag check line. I have time. I will wait to see what comes out and grab one when I can.

Love magicbands. If my shorts don't have pockets (which is almost always) and I don't want to bring a backpack, it's so much easier to have everything on my wrist. I don't think they are going away anytime soon. At least I hope not!

Two weeks ago I bought two pre-arrival MB's and there were plenty of choices on MDE. Today I only see one Riviera band which I don't want. I like my MB's

Why would they phase them out, they have a purpose and they make bank off the ones sold. You still need to enter the park, enter the LL lines, charge to your room, use your dining plan (when it's back) etc. They might not make as many but I don't see them going away.

We just went, two of us used MagicBands, the other four pulled out tickets or their phone. We bought a new one, and used an old one. Every time my MagicBand was much faster than the ones pulling out their card and def faster than the ones using their phones. I didn't have to do anything but raise my arm and tap.

They have also said that the Genie is going to be incorporated into MDE, my guess is MDE will disappear (redundant) and your MB, ticket or phone will work with anything on the Genie/Genie+/IAS application.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter