• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands

bigmac5

DIS Veteran
We go in April and want Magic Band not Magic Band+. When checking preorder selection there is not much to choose from. What are the chances of them coming out with more for the 100th?

I guessing not great. They want to push their newest thing, MagicBand+. MagicBand+ works the same way as MagicBand, they just have the added feature of lighting up and some interaction. If you don't charge them or turn the off, they still work like the regular MagicBands, just won't light up.
Why don't you want MagicBand+?

Honestly your best move is to keep checking the site, it's been feast or famine in terms of selection ever since the parks reopened. One day there will be a lot to choose from, the next not so much. But as stated Disney is really pushing the new MB+ just like they did when MB2 came out and they slowly started phasing out the old ones, I would only expect those to shrink in selection. Regardless your best selection is always going to be at the parks or Disney Springs. But if you just have to have some before you go, check a couple of times a day.

I keep checking as well for the 2.0...my plan is to head to Springs on our arrival date(not a park day) and see what they have in stock...worst case-we'll just buy the + if they don't have any in stock of the 2.0 that we like.

I guessing not great. They want to push their newest thing, MagicBand+. MagicBand+ works the same way as MagicBand, they just have the added feature of lighting up and some interaction. If you don't charge them or turn the off, they still work like the regular MagicBands, just won't light up.
Why don't you want MagicBand+?
It is mostly for my friend. I got a nice Magic band (sparkly pink)for my Nov/Dec 22 trip. We don't want to pay the extra money for features we don't care about

MB+ is definitely taking over a lot of shelve space, with many MB2 options in stores being more expensive "limited editions". MB2 for pre-arrival seem to go weeks if not months with limited stock and then then have a few new ones released at once. But rarely is there a restock.

I prefer the MB2 myself, lightweight, no charging. The MB+ effects are pretty underwhelming for the hassle of having another device to charge.

Last edited:

We go in April and want Magic Band not Magic Band+. When checking preorder selection there is not much to choose from. What are the chances of them coming out with more for the 100th?
I was told that the colors you see on shop disney are all that there is for magic band if you buy through your my experience they are 10 dollars they are 19 dollars when you get there. You need at least 10 days to get them shipped to you.

I was told that the colors you see on shop disney are all that there is for magic band if you buy through your my experience they are 10 dollars they are 19 dollars when you get there. You need at least 10 days to get them shipped to you.
If it came down to shop disney I would honestly just wait until I got down there. Unless you catch a less popular design on clearance the prices will be the same in store and you'll find a much bigger selection than online. Though again with the MB2 it will be more limited.

We ended up getting MB+ for our May trip because I lucked out and happened to go on MDE on a high stock day. I was not planning on it, just getting some MB2s, but the designs were frankly pretty lame, meanwhile my gf loves Orange Bird and they had him on a +. They are definitely holding the nicer designs for the MB+.

We are Canadian so no shipping. We can order up to 6 days before we arrive to order ... so holding off for a bit. I am thinking it may be cheaper to pre order a MB+, if the design is liked, rather than to get a MB when we arrive. Also nice to have something written on the back

We are Canadian so no shipping. We can order up to 6 days before we arrive to order ... so holding off for a bit. I am thinking it may be cheaper to pre order a MB+, if the design is liked, rather than to get a MB when we arrive. Also nice to have something written on the back
I am taking 5 grandkids, some with charging privileges and it is very important that the bands not get confused so the imprint in the back is very nice

Has anyone had any luck in the last month getting the plain old style magic bands for preorder with the package. I check almost everyday and haven’t seen anything! They have the ones with the lands on them but I’m looking for the plain ones.

I am taking 5 grandkids, some with charging privileges and it is very important that the bands not get confused so the imprint in the back is very nice
Yes I love having the imprint. Canadians can preorder we just have to pick them up at the desk

Has anyone had any luck in the last month getting the plain old style magic bands for preorder with the package. I check almost everyday and haven’t seen anything! They have the ones with the lands on them but I’m looking for the plain ones.
I was checking the preorder site regularly for a MB2 (other than the lands). I finally gave up and ordered the Orange Bird F&FG band from ShopDisney. I was surprised they offered a F&GF option that wasn't a + so I figured it was meant to be!

Reactions: TSM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter