Magic Bands

Candace

DIS Veteran
I have not been to Disney since 2019. I am going in October and need to know about Magic Bands. I have had many in the past, but I moved nine months ago and some things (like Magic Bands) did not make it. Will I be issued a new one upon checkin? Thanks

You have to buy them. They are no longer free. You can preorder via MDE on the website and will get a slight discount over what you pay at the parks if you are staying onsite.

If you don’t want to have to pay, they will give you a key card to use for your room and your ticket.

I have not been to Disney since 2019. I am going in October and need to know about Magic Bands. I have had many in the past, but I moved nine months ago and some things (like Magic Bands) did not make it. Will I be issued a new one upon checkin? Thanks
Unfortunately, MBs are no longer included free of charge with Disney resort reservations. In your MDE account, under Magic Bands and Cards, there should be a link to purchase a MB at a discounted price due to having a Disney resort reservation.

@Sandisw, JINX!

You can use your phone for park entry and should be able to use it to open the room, but sometimes that doesn’t work. In July I found my Apple Watch to work just fine as a magic band replacement, but did need to get several room key cards. Since I have Apple Pay enabled I found paying with my phone just as convenient as paying with my magic band used to be.

They now sell Magic Band+ too. They are rechargeable, which is good and bad. They'll never run out of battery like old MB (for long range features, like on ride photos added automatically), but they're another thing you need to remember to charge.
They promise interactive experiences in the parks, but currently there is only one bounty hunter game in Star Wars land. (Have they removed the annyversary statues?). You may find the additional cost not worth it.

Thanks everyone!
By the way if you’re trying to be thrifty, MagicBand 2s still exist and do everything they did in 2019, and also Shop Disney often has clearance MBs for as much as 70% off if you are indifferent to a design.

If you want to be REALLY thrifty they’ll issue you a room key and you can just use that for free.

will all of my MB work? I have about 8, but haven't been since 2019.
Yes and no. If the batteries in your old magic bands still are charged, they will work for everything from tap stations (park entry, purchasing. and Genie Plus) and area reads, like sending your ride photos automatically to your MDE. If the battery is deade, it will still work for all the TAP station locations, but not the area things, like ride photos.

Yes and no. If the batteries in your old magic bands still are charged, they will work for everything from tap stations (park entry, purchasing.
Yes and no. If the batteries in your old magic bands still are charged, they will work for everything from tap stations (park entry, purchasing. and Genie Plus) and area reads, like sending your ride photos automatically to your MDE. If the battery is deade, it will still work for all the TAP station locations, but not the area things, like ride photos.

and Genie Plus) and area reads, like sending your ride photos automatically to your MDE. If the battery is deade, it will still work for all the TAP station locations, but not the area things, like rideI

'll just bring them all and see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter