• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Double-dip "SCOOP AWAY THE POUNDS"

ibouncetoo

<font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi
Hello WISHers! Remember me?

A group of us from our DCL Cruise Meets thread have decided to get fit for our 11/11/06 Magic Castaway Cay "Double Dip" cruise. So I'm 'building' us a home on the WISH forum, as I know there is lots of support here.

So double-dippers, check in here. Let us know your goals and your strategy, your hopes and your fears. Together we can insure an active, action packed cruise in November ::yes::

dclmoving.gif
Double dippers
dclmoving.gif

ibouncetoo - Jackie - goal 50 lbs & able to walk 5 miles 20/50

vanvmom - Wendy Down 15

faireygod mother - Dee - goal 'as much as I can' Down 51.8

SCDizneyDawn - Dawn

dizney-cruiser - Janice - goad 30 lbs

jcemom - Tracey - goal 25 lbs

kaykels - Rachel - goal 10 lbs - Down 10+

txaggie94gigem - - goal 50 lbs

minnieandmickey - - 3 dress sizes

TiggersPal - Peggy Jo - 50 lbs 9/50

michelle9343 - Michelle - 40 lbs 11/40

mom2dil - Sherry - 20 lbs

clynne - Carolyn - Down 21

tggrdisney - Becky - Down 60

Hannosmom - Linda - Down 9

Spotdude - Devin - Down 23

My goal is 50 pounds, very 'doable' for ten months I believe.

I won't be following a specific plan, just using years of dieting experience ;) to eat healthy and keep moving! (Think easy on the carbs/weight watchers.)

Initial steps:

Water, water, water!

This weekend is purge the kitchen and major shopping. I want to cook and eat in more, so supplies are required. I'll be dusting off the cookbooks too.

The exercise will start with several short walks. I'm still recovering from the creeping crud that's been going around, so I need to be gentle the first week.

Breakfast.....gotten out of the habit. I KNOW it's mandatory for me, it was one of the biggest elements in previous weight loss success.

Well, that's how I'm starting. I plan I doing my 'official' weigh in on Sat AM....it will be a very scary :scared1: number!

My plan: As much as I can get off
Water water water, too

I am gonna stick to WW on my own

I am gonna go to the gym and do the tread mill at least 3x week and then work back up to the gympack at home.

I have already taken over the cooking at home and am gonna start using new receipes from WW.

My goal is 25 pounds. I need to go grocery shopping today anyway, so it's a great time to start!

Water, water, water for me too. I think I'm going to try eating more often, smaller amounts, healthier foods. My problem is snacking on unhealthy foods in between meals and eating junk food when I realize I'm hungry...too hungry to take the time to prepare something healthy. So, today's goal is to drink at least 6 glasses of water (a big jump from my usual 1-2), stick to healthy foods at the grocery store, and cut up those fruits and veggies when I unpack the groceries so they'll be ready for snacking! (It's a lot easier to snack on M&M's than it is to cut up veggies when you're hungry, 'ya know? LOL)

I'm not much for exercising either, so I'm going to keep it simple. Walks. If the weather's bad maybe I'll try a few trips up and down the stairs throughout the day.

ETA: I just added a weight-loss ticker to my signature. Maybe having to look at it every day will help keep me out of the snack cupboard. :scared:

I'll get on the scale on Sat. morning and then I'll be able to determine my goal amount (I know the goal weight - clothing size - I have in mind, I just don't know how far I am from that goal). :goodvibes I'll put a weight ticker on my signature as soon as I have the amount.

I acheived lifetime on WW (about 17 years ago), then got married, had 2 kids, lost back down to within 10 lbs of my goal weight, then got pregnant (twice and miscarred both times) then got pregnant with son #3. I haven't been able to get close to goal since then.

I'll do WW on my own this time around, with all of you to hold me accountable (instead of paying to go to meetings). ::yes::

I'm also going to start back going to my kickboxing class on Thursday nights (but likely not until Feb.). That's my plan! :scared:

Okay, me and my fat a*s are in too! I've got the last 10 to lose, been struggling with that for YEARS. And then I fully intend on eating my face off once I'm on the cruise. But at least I'll look skinny while I'm doing it!
I just bought a bunch of fresh produce and had a veggie stirfry and brown rice for dinner. I put a little marsala wine and chicken broth in it and it was YUMMY!

I have one day down and it went pretty well. I took DD for a short walk and then we jumped on the trampoline for a while. Wow, I am really out of shape, LOL. I probably won't be able to stand up tomorrow. :teeth:

I now have a fridge full of fruits and veggies...now if only I can choose those over the Doritos I'll be in good shape. :rolleyes:

okay... count me in....i need to lose more than most of y'all weigh but i would be happy with losing at least 50 pounds...

water is #1 for me too....

eat breakfast...i often skip this meal so i will try to eat this everyday

work out m-f: i work weekends so they are out!

i am trying to get in my 5-a-day: hard to do for such a normally bad eater!

limit my calories!

i did good my first week but now i have the respiratory crud and that has laid me up this week! i can barely drink anything....everything burns my throat! when i get better i will get back on the wagon! :flower:

Yeah! Our group is growing.....well for now.....we'll be shrinking soon ;)

Looks like several of us will be using our previous Weight Watchers experience to guide us along the way. I think I'll be taking the 'no sugar' part from Atkins also. Or at least no sugar for six days and a bit of chocolate on day seven (I KNOW I can't give up chocolate forever).

Wendy, if you want to use a clothing size as your goal, we can do that. If anyone wants to use a fitness goal instead of (or in addition to) a pounds lost, that's cool. It's all about feeling better and being able to enjoy life more! ((.......kickboxing!?!?....)

txaggie, I have more than 50 too loose (and secretly hope to pass that before cruise time), but I picked a nice round number. I also think 5 lbs a month is very doable, especially for an old chick like me ::yes:: I added in a fitness goal also, as I have some joint trouble, and I'd like to increase my felxability and stamina.

Tracy, sounds like day one went very well for you! Keep it up!

Rachel, you can come on over and fix that dinner for me anytime....sounds yummy!

Dee be sure and share any good reciepies.

No sugar here either! Although I AM using agave nectar in my tea and I use it to sweeten my berries. It's soooooooo good. It has a very low glycemic index and tastes just like honey.

I have never heard of that. I use splend for everything. I use it to bake, cook and on my fresh fruit. I make myself iced green tea and use the splenda to make the simple syrup for that.

I am usually a HUGEwater drinker, but latley I have craved diet soda. Yesterday I made sure I drank a bottle of water at wotk instead of soda. That is my progress so far on the water. I have a HUGE 64oz water jug in my office and next week I will start using that. I just moves offices and this one is hot so having ice water will be refreshing.

I am going to northern VA to help pack up my son's friends house so I will definately get some exercise. I hope they do not have to many carbs as it makes it very difficult for me. I am hoping that they have a lot of salads (as they tend to be very health conscious).

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and has a good weekend.

Splenda is okay, but it has a funky aftertaste. My son is allergic to EVERYTHING so I don't give him too many processed things so I got some AGAVE NECTAR and we use it for everything. You'll have to try it. It's like a light honey and LOW GLYC INDEX and all natural. Personally, for me, it's the best sugar substitute.
That said... I fell off the wagon today. Stress! I downed two handfuls of chocolate covered pretzels before I even thought about it. I'm starting over again tomorrow.

Jackie... I'm very curious about your signature, "keeper of the tag fairy storybook". We'll have to get you drunk and have you spill the beans on the cruise! And could ya put in a good word with the fairy for me???

kaykels said:
Jackie... I'm very curious about your signature, "keeper of the tag fairy storybook". We'll have to get you drunk and have you spill the beans on the cruise! And could ya put in a good word with the fairy for me???

Many of the folks from the Tagliarchy have 'artificats' to help attract the Tag Fairy. Newly named Moderater RickinNYC holds the offical 'wand' of the Tag Fairy, geffric, who you will see around the cruise boards, holdsthe 'choclate chip pancake maker' of the Tagliarchy.......just a wacky bunch of folks ::yes::

While I won't need a cocktail to tell the stories.....I never turn down a free drink!

Well, I did my 'official' starting weight weigh-in this morning. All I can say is:

:scared1: :confused3 :confused: :faint: :sad: :sad2: :drinking1

Let's just say I achieved an all time record high. OK, now that that's out of my system, I'm ready to move forward.

I'm off to the kitchen to make myself an egg....which is about the only food I have in the house...then it's major grocery shopping time. I'm gong to spend a little time looking at my WW cookbook first to make sure I have a selection of ingredients for some tasty meals. And I'll take a peek at some of the reciepies here on the WISH board too!

Double-dippers, I encourage you to explore the WISH forum. There is lots of help, guidance and encouragement here. Join in on some of the weight loss or exercise challenges....anything that motivates you.

Have a healthy day! :sunny:

I am hanging in there. I resisted temptation last night to eat (stress and nerve induced). I am going shppoing today and getting more salads. That really helps keep me full. I love the euorpean mix witht he butter lettuce. When I lived in Germany that is what we had for salad with vinergette dressing. yummy.

I am have enchilada's for dinner. Here is the receipe if anyone is interested.
I am going to omit the chicken which will make it at least 2 points less.

Recipes
Chicken Enchiladas

POINTS® Value | 8
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 25 min
Cooking Time | 35 min
Level of Difficulty | Moderate

main meals | If you like things spicy, turn up the heat with a little extra chili powder and cumin. Or add 1/4 cup canned jalapeño peppers into the sour cream mixture.

Ingredients

16 oz canned black beans
10 oz frozen corn kernels, thawed
4 oz canned pimento, chopped
1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
4 medium corn tortilla
1 medium tomato(es), chopped
1 1/3 medium chicken breast, cooked, skinless, cubed
4 medium scallion(s), sliced
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin

Instructions

In a colander, rinse and drain beans, corn and pimientos.

In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, chili, cumin and oregano.

Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese for topping and add remaining to sour cream mixture. Fold in chicken, half of scallions, the cilantro, beans, corn and pimientos. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.

Spray a 7x11-inch (20x30 cm) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Soften tortilla according to package directions. Spoon chicken mixture down center of each. Roll tightly and place in baking dish.

Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).

Bake enchiladas, covered, until heated through, about 30 minutes.

Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes longer.

Serve, sprinkled with tomato and remaining scallions.

I didn't do so well yesterday. :guilty:

I had a chili dog and potato chips for dinner. :headache:

jcemom said:
I didn't do so well yesterday. :guilty:

I had a chili dog and potato chips for dinner. :headache:

Hang in there! If it had been the 'before' me....it would have been TWO chili dogs and a BAG of chips. I think even when some of those tempting foods slip past our lips.....if we can do smaller portions than in the past, we're making progress ::yes:: I know for me, because I have so much to loose, portion control, water and walking will give me a good start. I know the point will come very soon when I'll have to be extra dilligent.....when that first plateau hits!

Tonight is grilled pork chop, green beanz and salad, to eat while watching the Golden Globes. My challenge will be lunch, as I'm going out to lunch and a movie. Perhaps I should hit Applebee's as they have a Weight Watchers section on their menu. Yeah, good idea, Jack!

Remember, ONE DAY AT A TIME!

I actually went for another walk tonight. Besides being very cold it felt good.

I wanted DQ after shopping at Sams and then I wanted Taco Bell, but I avoided both. :cool1:

I am sitting here sipping on my green tea and thinking I need to head off to bed.Hang in their guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter