Magic Express and changing resort

Countrywife45

Mouseketeer
I changed our resort after my Magic Express tags arrived, how can I get my luggage to the right place?

Thanks!

Have you updated your reservation with ME? I would assume they need to know to take you to a different resort. You can likely request new tags as long as your trip isn't for the next couple of weeks.

Have you updated your reservation with ME? I would assume they need to know to take you to a different resort. You can likely request new tags as long as your trip isn't for the next couple of weeks.

you definitely can request new tags if your trip is still a ways away.

we switched resorts at the last minute once and when i called to figure out what to do they suggested i just cross out the old resort name and write in the new one. they said that the tags all get scanned and the computer would have the most updated info. it worked fine and we got our bags no problem. it could be worth calling to confirm this is still the policy, though :)

Agree with previous poster, I did this for my trip in January and they had me cross out the resort name and bar code on the luggage tag and write in the new hotel name. We had no problems!

The barcode reads what resort you are currently assigned to. Makes no difference what the written text on the tag says.

I just went through this. I called the DME line directly. They mailed me a replacement set of tags with an updated resort name. The nice woman on the phone did tell me if the new tags didn’t arrive in time that I could just cross out the old resort name and write the new one in. My new tags arrived within a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter