• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Key for Recent 3 year olds info thread

Bcarrier1983

Earning My Ears
Hi All, I've been seeing mixed info about this in various places around the internet. This is what I was told when I called:

#1 I need to call and ask to speak to a supervisor
#2 My child does not need to purchase his pass at the same time I renew for the rest of our family
#3 The rep said she made a note on my account with my son's name, and I need to bring my son and a copy of his birth certificate to the ticket booth within 60 days of him turning 3. I verified that it's a COPY of the birth certificate and she said "yes, I read that somewhere, so that's what I'm telling people." You need to be able to see the state seal on the copy she said.
#4 No answer on if I go to the ticket booth on a day we plan to go to the parks, if I'll be able to add my son to the reservation because she didn't know how they do things at the ticket booth.
#5 She also said people should call after their child turns 3 anytime in the year, and not wait for key to be on sale. I don't know if this is new since this 60 year window policy came into effect or not, I know some people were told earlier this year that they had to wait until keys were available.

Will update once I'm able to get to the ticket booth. If anyone else has had different experience or other info please post it here.

From MousePlanet's Disneyland Resort Update for August 22-28, 2022 :

Q: If a parent / family has a child who has turned 3 since Magic Key sales were halted, can the parents now purchase a new Magic Key for that child?

A. This one caused a real headache on Thursday, with Disney's call center following a different procedure than we were officially told. We went back to Disney for clarification, and the updated answer is:

Magic Key holders in this situation must visit the ticket booths on property for help obtaining a pass for their child (subject to availability). The child needs to be present for the transaction, and parents must bring proof of age, whether a birth certificate, passport, or copy of those documents. Disney will provide this exception for 60 days after the child’s third birthday.

We are aware that some people have been able to add a pass for their child by phone, others were able to do it in person without the child present, and others were able to do it in person with no proof of age. We're sharing the official policy per Disney, with the caveat that everything is subject to change without notice, and actual practice may depend on the cast member you speak to.

Just wanted to share my experience from yesterday. I went to the ticket booths with my son who is turning 3 in a couple weeks. They allowed me to buy him a pass, no problem. They asked me his name and date of birth but I wasn’t required to show any proof of age. They also took his picture at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter