Magic Key Passes

Sooooo….. ? It’s august 1. Where’s the big announcement?
Disney is really pushing it to the wire. I feel for people who have trips planned and are waiting to find out if they can renew or if they need to buy new tickets or what.

Due to the lack of urgency and any breath of communication from Disney, I wonder if they are going to do away with the reservation system (so no one needs to worry about the fact that they are in limbo). Just speculation on my part.

Disney is really pushing it to the wire. I feel for people who have trips planned and are waiting to find out if they can renew or if they need to buy new tickets or what.

Due to the lack of urgency and any breath of communication from Disney, I wonder if they are going to do away with the reservation system (so no one needs to worry about the fact that they are in limbo). Just speculation on my part.

I hope so. I detest the reservation system!

That would be great.

I too hope the reservation system goes away.

And while they’re at it, how about going back to true park hopping and ending the 1pm restriction?

Just went to check park reservation availability, but system is completely down. System that allows you to make a reservation is still up. Maybe some news coming? Maybe just my wishful thinking?

They’ve confirmed that renewals are coming, but at this point I wonder what we’re going to get:

-A big announcement about a totally revamped program open to renewals and new passholders. Or…

-A smaller, quieter roll out via email basically just allowing existing passholders to renew.

I’m hoping for the first one (assuming whatever is new is better) but I’m thinking the second is more likely at this point.

Just went to check park reservation availability, but system is completely down. System that allows you to make a reservation is still up. Maybe some news coming? Maybe just my wishful thinking?

Same here, but appears to be wishful thinking; everything is back up and running now and with no apparent changes.

I can only imagine as each day goes by the flood of emails/chats/phone calls Disney is getting.... and rightfully so. Keeping fingers crossed for update.

Last edited:
Same here, but appears to be wishful thinking; everything is back up and running now and with no apparent changes.

I can only imagine as each day goes by the flood of emails/chats/phone calls Disney is getting.... and rightfully so. Keeping fingers crossed for update.
I am just so surprised they have let it drag on so long. Some peoples passes expire in three weeks!

Well, something is going on— the Imagine Key has disappeared popcorn::

No it hasn't. Are you signed in? It doesn't show up unless you are and are also a So Cal resident. It is still showing up for me.

But honestly, if they are going to eliminate passes, this one is the one that should go first.

Yes, I'm signed in. Which page are you looking at? It does show up on the MK home page, but it isn't showing on the purchase page. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I'm signed in. Which page are you looking at? It does show up on the MK home page, but it isn't showing on the purchase page. 🤷‍♂️

Oh, how weird. Now it's gone on my page too. I swear it was there this morning when I checked. I clicked through to the purchase page from the app.

The disclosure notice on the tickets and passes page has been completely rewritten as of today. Now mentions any litigation will take place in Orange County Ca as well as other wording changes.

Where are you seeing that?

BD8450E4-BF4D-48D8-8C81-2DEA4715E8D6.jpeg

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/magic-key-terms-conditions/

I’m seeing this in the current Magic Key Terms & Conditions. I have no idea if the Orange County language is new or not.

But, it’s in there with stuff about inherent dangers of theme park rides, physical injuries, and using video of you in ads and stuff. Seems a lot more focused on claims arising out of actually being in the park. Not so much targeted at claims relating to the pass itself.

I’d vote this doesn’t mean much. I mean, the terms and conditions also explicitly state that passes ARE available for renewal… so take that for what it’s worth.

View attachment 690436

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/magic-key-terms-conditions/

I’m seeing this in the current Magic Key Terms & Conditions. I have no idea if the Orange County language is new or not.

But, it’s in there with stuff about inherent dangers of theme park rides, physical injuries, and using video of you in ads and stuff. Seems a lot more focused on claims arising out of actually being in the park. Not so much targeted at claims relating to the pass itself.

I’d vote this doesn’t mean much. I mean, the terms and conditions also explicitly state that passes ARE available for renewal… so take that for what it’s worth.

That's not new. It's always said that about Orange County.

I might be remembering wrong but didn't the MK pass page use to list the imagine key too? I don't see it there any more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220803-155333.png
    Screenshot_20220803-155333.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter