Magic Key Sales to Resume on 1/10/24!

At least the Facebook groups will be safe from a daily "When do Magic Keys go back on sale?" post for at least a week.

Otherwise, I have nothing to contribute as a recently renewed MKholder. (But good luck and congrats to anyone purchasing next week!)

Yeah, not surprised at all. They weren't going to resume sales heading into the holiday season when all magic keys are blacked out to some extent and they were courting day ticket sales.

Not sure this would actually benefit me - but I'm wondering if this is an option.

I have 2 sets of tickets, a 3-day ticket non-park hopper that I'll be using over Spring Break and then a 5-day ticket that I'll be using in June.

If the Believe Key is still available for sale in March (lets just say for hypothetical purposes it is). The Believe Key is blacked out during Spring Break, but my last day (4/1/24) is not blacked out for the Believe Key. Would I be able to upgrade to the Believe Key on the last day and apply the value of both my 3-day and 5-day tickets to the purchase of a Believe Key?

I'm not sure if they would allow me to upgrade to the Believe Key since I used my ticket during a blackout window for Believe and I'm not sure if they would apply the value of both tickets towards the Key.

Still not sure if buying the Magic Key would be worthwhile since I live on the East Coast, but not even sure its an option for me right now with the tickets I already have.

If the Believe Key is still available for sale in March (lets just say for hypothetical purposes it is). The Believe Key is blacked out during Spring Break, but my last day (4/1/24) is not blacked out for the Believe Key. Would I be able to upgrade to the Believe Key on the last day and apply the value of both my 3-day and 5-day tickets to the purchase of a Believe Key?
The problem with upgrading a ticket to a blocked-out pass was via the upgrade offer in the app. But if you upgrade in the app, you wouldn't be able to use the value of the 5-day ticket - you'd just be paying the difference.

Since you'd have to upgrade at a ticket booth to do what you're describing - it'd probably just be worth trying it on 4/1 if the passes are still available. They might not worry about the start date.

I think you cannot use 2 tickets to purchase a MK (same way you cannot use 2 1-day tickets to buy a 3-day ticket.
Not sure this would actually benefit me - but I'm wondering if this is an option.

I have 2 sets of tickets, a 3-day ticket non-park hopper that I'll be using over Spring Break and then a 5-day ticket that I'll be using in June.

I'm not sure if they would allow me to upgrade to the Believe Key since I used my ticket during a blackout window for Believe and I'm not sure if they would apply the value of both tickets towards the Key.

Still not sure if buying the Magic Key would be worthwhile since I live on the East Coast, but not even sure its an option for me right now with the tickets I already have.

So haven't had a Magic Key, have gotten an AP back in the day my questions are

If I'm on the page will the Q just load up after I refresh the page at 10 AM when they go on sale?

Second do they have monthly payment plans?

Three if I want the highest pass, should I be good if im in the Q when it starts because I see the lower passes sell out first from other comments online

thanks for any tips or advice

So haven't had a Magic Key, have gotten an AP back in the day my questions are

If I'm on the page will the Q just load up after I refresh the page at 10 AM when they go on sale?

Second do they have monthly payment plans?

Three if I want the highest pass, should I be good if im in the Q when it starts because I see the lower passes sell out first from other comments online

thanks for any tips or advice

I can't remember how it worked when i got mine in 2022, so I think the page refreshes? But I'm not sure.

Monthly payment plans are for California residents only, so if you are a CA resident, you're good there.

And yes, the last time they went on sale, the lower passes sold out the quickest, and the Inspire Key actually stayed open for sales for quite a while after that (months even). So if you're looking to get an Inspire Key, and it goes the same way, you'll probably be fine.

If you hit the page before 9am, it'll put you in the Waiting Room, which will automatically put you in the queue at 9am (or shortly thereafter).
I was just going to come and post that. From the Disneyland Magic Key Buying Guide:

Enter the Waiting Room to Purchase on Wednesday, January 10, 2024, No Earlier than 8:45 AM Pacific Time
  • Enter the waiting room to purchase a Magic Key pass via the “Purchase Magic Key Passes” link on the Magic Key page.
  • When you arrive in the waiting room for the sale, no earlier than 8:45 AM Pacific Time, you will be automatically added to the queue. Sales will begin no earlier than 9:00 AM Pacific Time.
  • The quantity of passes and pass types available for upgrade or purchase may be limited or unavailable from time to time or at any given time, and updates to pass availability will be displayed on the waiting room page.
  • Estimated wait times may fluctuate throughout the sales event. You will see an estimated wait time in the waiting room.
  • Entry to the waiting room does not guarantee the opportunity to purchase a pass.
Keep Your Waiting Room Browser Tab Open
Running multiple browser tabs or manually refreshing the page may remove you from the waiting room. If you are removed, you will have to re-enter the queue at the back of the line.

Passes Are Nonrefundable and Nontransferable
Choose carefully as passes are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Don’t have multiple people in your party purchasing passes.

Thank you all, hoping I can get an Inspire key pretty easy then

Also another question, can you buy Genie+ with the 20% discount before the day you go or just the day of your visit?

Hi all,

My husband will be at Disneyland soon for the Half-Marathon. He bought 3-day tickets to go to the park afterwards on Sunday, 1/14 through Tuesday, 1/16. He's interested in signing up for the Enchant Magic Key, however we don't know how to best strategize this.

For example, should he just try to buy the Enchant Key when they go live on 1/10, and keep the separate 3-day tickets?

OR- can he wait until he arrives at the park, activate the 3-day ticket, then use that to upgrade to the Enchant? I think this is a better decision financially, however he's worried about the Enchant Key selling out.

ETA: He will arrive in Anaheim on Friday, 1/12- Not sure if this matters or if he can do anything at the ticket booth on that day?

Last edited:
Hi all,

My husband will be at Disneyland soon for the Half-Marathon. He bought 3-day tickets to go to the park afterwards on Sunday, 1/14 through Tuesday, 1/16. He's interested in signing up for the Enchant Magic Key, however we don't know how to best strategize this.

For example, should he just try to buy the Enchant Key when they go live on 1/10, and keep the separate 3-day tickets?

OR- can he wait until he arrives at the park, activate the 3-day ticket, then use that to upgrade to the Enchant? I think this is a better decision financially, however he's worried about the Enchant Key selling out.

ETA: He will arrive in Anaheim on Friday, 1/12- Not sure if this matters or if he can do anything at the ticket booth on that day?
The last time the Enchant Key was available (April of last year), it sold out in a few hours.

You're right that it's a better financial move to wait, but he's right - I wouldn't count on it still being available on the 12th. It might still be available, but that's not a bet I would expect to win.

If it were me, I would buy the MK on the 10th either way. Then, he can either use the tickets in January and activate the MK during the next trip, or use the MK in January and save the tickets to use later, maybe during a blackout period (ie, summer).

Hi all,

I agree with brightlined that it's risky, because he may miss out on the Enchant Key if he waits. (If it was Inspire you were looking for, I'd say differently.)

Also, were the tickets purchased through Disneyland or a third party (i.e. Undercover Tourist)? If it was through a third party, he can return them for the restocking fee if he's able to purchase the Enchant Key on the 10th. If it's through Disney, never mind, what Brightlined said is probably best.

(I say that last part for ANYONE who is holding on to tickets and mulling over the MK logistics right now. When I purchased my MK in November 2022, I had a one day ticket for December and a two day ticket for January. I kept the one day ticket since it was bought through Disney. But the two day ticket was done through Undercover Tourist, so I returned that for a cheap restocking fee and used my magic key for the January trip. Totally easy to do and worth it.)

The last time the Enchant Key was available (April of last year), it sold out in a few hours.

You're right that it's a better financial move to wait, but he's right - I wouldn't count on it still being available on the 12th. It might still be available, but that's not a bet I would expect to win.

If it were me, I would buy the MK on the 10th either way. Then, he can either use the tickets in January and activate the MK during the next trip, or use the MK in January and save the tickets to use later, maybe during a blackout period (ie, summer).
Thank you so much for your detailed response! This makes a lot of sense, and it helps us navigate this situation.

I agree with brightlined that it's risky, because he may miss out on the Enchant Key if he waits. (If it was Inspire you were looking for, I'd say differently.)

Also, were the tickets purchased through Disneyland or a third party (i.e. Undercover Tourist)? If it was through a third party, he can return them for the restocking fee if he's able to purchase the Enchant Key on the 10th. If it's through Disney, never mind, what Brightlined said is probably best.

(I say that last part for ANYONE who is holding on to tickets and mulling over the MK logistics right now. When I purchased my MK in November 2022, I had a one day ticket for December and a two day ticket for January. I kept the one day ticket since it was bought through Disney. But the two day ticket was done through Undercover Tourist, so I returned that for a cheap restocking fee and used my magic key for the January trip. Totally easy to do and worth it.)
Thank you so much as well! He will buy the Enchant Key on the 10th to be safe. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter