• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom 1 day game plan/itinerary

KH1

Earning My Ears
hi all! Does anyone have a good Magic Kingdom one day plan or itinerary to share with me? I want to make the most of our day for my toddler during her first ever Disney visit! Also which rides to get Fast Passes for? Thank you!!!

How old?
How tall?
Interested in rides?
Interested in character meets?
both?

No sense suggesting Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, 7 Dwarfs, etc if she is too small to ride anyways.

Just under 3 years old and 36inches. Interested in rides and character meet! Thank you!

How old?
How tall?
Interested in rides?
Interested in character meets?
both?

No sense suggesting Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, 7 Dwarfs, etc if she is too small to ride anyways.

My son's first trip was 2 so we just scheduled our first 3 FP and played everything else by ear to his needs. He napped in the stroller so we didn't leave MK.

Peter pan had the longest wait when we went in nov couple years ago. 90 mins majority of the day. Winnie the pooh is popular. That one has interactive stations though so it's not boring while you wait. My son was 2 at the time and didn't even want to get on the ride anymore lol. My niece had FP for the princess meet and greet. That line is busy during the day. I've seen others post that they get FP for enchanted tales with belle.

In case you're getting any FP for adult rides, 7DMT had the longest wait when we went. I didn't want to wait standing in the heat for 2 to 3 hrs. The line was still pretty long at night. Not sure if it's still crazy long now.

When I was there in late August 7 Dwarfs, Peter Pan, and Space Mountain had the longest stand-by lines.

Height requirements may limit what you go on, but if any of these interest you I would aim for a FP+ for them.

Height Requirements at Magic Kingdom
Attraction
Height Requirement
Tomorrowland Speedway 32"
The Barnstormer 35"
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 38"
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 40"
Splash Mountain 40"
Stitch's Great Escape! 40"
Space Mountain 44"

Your daughter is too short for 7 Dwarfs, Splash, and Space Mountain. You can skip those, or one person get a FP+ (you or some other adult in your group) and ask for Rider Swap. Adult #1 can ride by themselves while Adult #2 watches your daughter. Then swap places and Adult #2 can ride.

Thats if you want to go on these rides because they are arguably the best rides at MK.

If you're interested in only doing stuff your daughter can do, then I would get FP+ for Peter Pan and maybe a combination of: Meeting Mickey - Meeting Rapunzel +friend - Meeting Cinderella +friend.

It's hard to suggest what to do or what not to do because people have different tastes.

Try to get there at rope drop. Head right to Fantasyland. I would try to FP+ Peter Pan, Barnstormer and any meet & greet involving a princess. You should be able to ride Winnie the Pooh, Small World, Mad Tea Cups and Dumbo with a short wait time before 11:00 a.m. A nap may be need in the early afternoon. You could hit the Magic Carpets and Pirates ride later in the afternoon.

Have a great day time!!!

We did 1 day at MK last year with our 2.5 year old DD. Because we only had one day, we stayed at the park ALL day and she just napped in the stroller. It worked out well. Our general plan was:

8:00am - Pre park opening ADR at BOG. Highly recommend this. It was so relaxing to walk down an empty Main Street and put us in great position @ Fantasyland before the mass horde of Rope Droppers descended upon us

8:50 - 11:00am - We did: Meet Cinderella/Rapunzel, Small World, Buzz Lightyear, Barnstomer, Dumbo (x2). In retrospect I would have skipped Buzz (she didn't get it) and done Winnie the Pooh instead

11:00-11:30 - We went to get her first haircut at the Barber Shop on Main St. This was wonderful especially because it was starting to get busy. They were so good with her, she got pixie dust, Mickey ears, certificate and a keepsake of her hair for only $20!

11:30-12:00 - we walked around Main St and through Adventureland to get a Dole Whip

12:00 - 1:30 - We stared using our Fp+s at Splash and Big Thunder. We split up our FP using Rider Swap (we were there with my parents). My daughter fell asleep at this point, but the original plan was for her to play at playground by Splash while we did those rides.

1:30-3:00 - ADR at Liberty Tree. This was great timing and location for the Festival of Fantasy Parade

3:00-3:30 - Parade

3:30 - meet Anna/Elsa FP+

4:00-6:00 - It was hot and crowded so we did People Mover, Carasoul of Progress, Philarmagic, and the Carasoul (x2).

6:00 - adults did Seven Dwarves Fp+ while my mom took DD back on Dumbo for the third time lol

After this we went to Enchanted Tales with Belle. The line was long but my DD loved it so it was worth it

7:30 - Dinner @ Pinnochio Haus

8:30 - We then got a 4th FP for Under the Sea. She loved it. After that, my parents took DD back to the hotel while DH and I stayed for MSEP, Wishes and one more ride on BTMRR (we had a leftover Rider Swap pass).

Sorry for the novel... I was surprised at how much we got accomplished in one day and how much fun DD had! Have a great trip!!

Below is what we did when we visited with a baby and toddler... We prioritized Fantasyland because it had the most quintessential rides for small kids and we weren't really into characters...

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid with a FP
The Barnstormer [Height: 35in (89cm) or taller] (short rollercoaster)
Dumbo the Flying Elephant with a FP
Plaza Restaurant for lunch @ 12:00- nice salads
Peter Pan's Flight with a FP
it's a small world® Fantasyland® 6 10
Mickey's PhilharMagic (sit down show)
Mad Tea Party (spinning cups) with day of FP
We left around 3pm to go back to the hotel for a rest.
Returned and rode Jungle Cruise boat.
Dinner reservations at Crystal Palace at 6:30.
And then we left because the kids were DONE.

The best approach is to have 2-3 must do ideas and then try to be flexible with the rest of it. Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter