Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

Lol, for us, yes, it would be. What are the hours for your day? I'm going to 2/16 and park closes 8pm, so DAH is 8-11. Obviously late for a 2 year old still, but at least it's not 1AM.

Does your 2 year old sleep in a stroller?

Yes she does sleep in a stroller and overall, she is a flexible kid and adapts to any schedule we put her on. Of course she is usually asleep by 830p but I do think she would just fall asleep when shes tired....

Is anyone planning on attending this with a toddler? I would really love to experience this on our last night but we will have our 2 year old and will need to be up for the airport by 7a the next morning.... recipe for disaster??
Yes, it would be. Not for the kid but for me. Being at the airport at 7:00 means leaving at 5:00 which means getting up at 4:00. No way to do that after DAH. Not for this gal

We are in the park that day/night. Would we have to leave and come back in again?
It's a walk from jungle cruise to the front gates and then back to Liberty tree for dinner.
Do you mean does Disney clear the park? No Disney does not clear parks for any ticketed event

What is the procedure for this event if you're already in the park for the day? Is it like the parties where there are stations to get a wristband (or whatever designates you as attending the event)?

What is the procedure for this event if you're already in the park for the day? Is it like the parties where there are stations to get a wristband (or whatever designates you as attending the event)?

Last year they gave out lanyards. As soon as park close hit, a day guest could no longer get ride lines and most of the shops and restaurants closed if they weren't already except for casey's and starbucks. the main street stores stayed open about an extra hour before they closed like normal.

That was it, it wasn't like a party where you were asked to leave, you just got told the rides are for a private event tonight. Stay as little or long as you want on your way out. You could jump into the ride line last second and why I say anyone attending should avoid the popular rides at first as there is still a line from the day.

Wow, an actual ad for DAH from Disney - https://twitter.com/waltdisneyworld/status/820986480617091072

Have they been doing more publicity like this for DAH this time around?

From the mini-ad it appears they are adding djs and put in wording for almost no wait so I guess they might have upped the attendence or that's just a safety wording as 7dmt and some others will have a line when it starts.

They had more time so in a way, yea I guess they did. There were tweets and such before but with so little time not many saw it
If I remember correctly a leak caused word to get out early and changed a lot of their plans around, or something like that

what changed? something this year or last?

Good question. We got ours on the way in and I didn't notice distribution points but I also didn't look for them so I could have easily overlooked them

Can tickets for DAH be purchased at WDW ticket booths and/or hotels? The first post only mentions purchasing by phone.

From the mini-ad it appears they are adding djs and put in wording for almost no wait so I guess they might have upped the attendence or that's just a safety wording as 7dmt and some others will have a line when it starts.

I'm not sure they should ever say "no waits" no matter how many are sold. They can't promise that since even if they don't increase the number sold they can't determine how many people would head to a given ride at once so there could always possibly be a wait

Changes from what was planned to what was done when it was first announced last year

I'm not sure they should ever say "no waits" no matter how many are sold. They can't promise that since even if they don't increase the number sold they can't determine how many people would head to a given ride at once so there could always possibly be a wait

Good point, it's a hell of a lot better advertising than last year.

Changes from what was planned to what was done when it was first announced last year

was there time? I basically remembered 2 dvc parties that had half a park, special fireworks and closed mk at 7pm happening and then it felt like the next week they announced afterhours and the week after they had the first one with mostly press and vloggers almost like they wanted to see if they could bring in many people or have them describe what this event is better...

DAH was bascially after hours, don't close the park early, slightly less food options, no fireworks to me. Like they stripped it down to see if they could sell this event as a spur of the moment idea from feedback they got at the dvc party.

When did it really get announced? I was in the middle of moving here so I wasn't paying as much attention early last year.

was there time? I basically remembered 2 dvc parties that had half a park, special fireworks and closed mk at 7pm happening and then it felt like the next week they announced afterhours and the week after they had the first one with mostly press and vloggers almost like they wanted to see if they could bring in many people or have them describe what this event is better...

DAH was bascially after hours, don't close the park early, slightly less food options, no fireworks to me. Like they stripped it down to see if they could sell this event as a spur of the moment idea from feedback they got at the dvc party.

When did it really get announced? I was in the middle of moving here so I wasn't paying as much attention early last year.
No, there wasn't time and it didn't get announced. The After Hours portion got leaked out prior to Disney's official announcement. That is what caused them to pull back, punt the original plans and launch the event we have now (which is the same as last years)

No, there wasn't time and it didn't get announced. The After Hours portion got leaked out prior to Disney's official announcement. That is what caused them to pull back, punt the original plans and launch the event we have now (which is the same as last years)

Is that why EMM came out in the middle of the AH? Do you remember what the leak was, what was this event suppose to be originally?

Is that why EMM came out in the middle of the AH? Do you remember what the leak was, what was this event suppose to be originally?
No one ever said what was going to be included, just that more was planned and the leak really ticked the PTB off and they made changes. I'm sure a user talented in the art of searching here at The Dis (which is not me, I suck at searching) could find the posts from last year. I'm thinking it was in April, for some reason. Or at least early Spring.
I believe, though my memory is very faulty and I may well be very wrong, EMM was announced prior to DAH.

Last year they gave out lanyards. As soon as park close hit, a day guest could no longer get ride lines and most of the shops and restaurants closed if they weren't already except for casey's and starbucks. the main street stores stayed open about an extra hour before they closed like normal.

That was it, it wasn't like a party where you were asked to leave, you just got told the rides are for a private event tonight. Stay as little or long as you want on your way out. You could jump into the ride line last second and why I say anyone attending should avoid the popular rides at first as there is still a line from the day.

That wasn't my question lol. My question is if I am attending DAH and I'm already in the MK prior to the start of the event, how do I get my lanyward?

That wasn't my question lol. My question is if I am attending DAH and I'm already in the MK prior to the start of the event, how do I get my lanyward?

Oh I completely misread that one... :)

They only give them out at the entrance so find a moment to go back to the front and get it. I'd say take a train ride but they are refurbishing it during this.

edit and pace yourself: I walked 22 miles during after hours only last year.

Last edited:
Oh I completely misread that one... :)

They only give them out at the entrance so find a moment to go back to the front and get it. I'd say take a train ride but they are refurbishing it during this.

edit and pace yourself: I walked 22 miles during after hours only last year.

Thank you. That sucks. I hope they change that this year.

Wow that's a lot. I'm an ER nurse, the walking doesn't bother me too much but that's still a lot!

Thank you. That sucks. I hope they change that this year.

Wow that's a lot. I'm an ER nurse, the walking doesn't bother me too much but that's still a lot!

It shocked me too, the second time in we did more of ride these a few extra times so we can minimize how fast we're really doing rides and the desire to keep criss crossing the place.

What time are you getting into the park that day? You have 6 hours between when you can get the lanyard and you actually need it. swoop down if your planning the hub for fireworks.

No one ever said what was going to be included, just that more was planned and the leak really ticked the PTB off and they made changes. I'm sure a user talented in the art of searching here at The Dis (which is not me, I suck at searching) could find the posts from last year. I'm thinking it was in April, for some reason. Or at least early Spring.
I believe, though my memory is very faulty and I may well be very wrong, EMM was announced prior to DAH.

Here's the original thread that talked about the leak last year. It's a long one, so I linked to a post that gives you the Cliffs Notes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter