• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

We were able to enter and get lanyards using just our magic bands. They have a special entrance set up for After Hours guests.
Thanks! Did you have regular price tickets or did you by chance have AP or DVC? That's the only part that I'm still wondering about - whether we have to show our entitlement to have purchased at the lower price.

Thanks! Did you have regular price tickets or did you by chance have AP or DVC? That's the only part that I'm still wondering about - whether we have to show our entitlement to have purchased at the lower price.
We had regular price tickets- sorry can't help with that question.

You don't. It's all linked to MDE. As long as you use your MDE account when you purchase of course. Once linked to MDE the MB does everything, no additional media needed.

I've been waiting to see reviews before booking, so thank you everyone who's posted so far! I was 90% set on it before, but now am about to book our tickets for 2/2 :hyper:

Would be really grateful if someone could answer a question though - we're coming from the UK, so I'll book online. Do you get a confirmation number that you have to give when 'checking in'? I'm assuming you don't get a hard ticket as I doubt it would arrive in time for us! We've done KTTK before but not any of the parties and I think we just gave our names or confirmation number.

Pick will call when you purchase them for ticket delivery. Use the confirmation number to add them to MDE if they didn't automatically go into it (tickets section of the website/app). Then you can use any card/ticket or magicband you already have. If you don't have one of those, then stop at any ticket booth to pick up a card but you don't need to do that if you have one/band and it's in MDE already.

We've attached our MAH tickets to our profiles on MYW. Will we be able to enter and get our lanyard just using our MBs, or do we have to stop at guest relations at some time before the party? Our group has both AP tickets as well as DVC tickets.

Thanks for the great reports!

IF they are in MDE you can use any ticket/card or MB you already have and don't need to stop.

Pick will call when you purchase them for ticket delivery. Use the confirmation number to add them to MDE if they didn't automatically go into it (tickets section of the website/app). Then you can use any card/ticket or magicband you already have. If you don't have one of those, then stop at any ticket booth to pick up a card but you don't need to do that if you have one/band and it's in MDE already.

we went on Friday night - when I bought the tickets online there is an option to print your confirmation at home or have it emailed to you and you only have to show either the paper or the email on your phone when you check in. I saw people checking in with both methods - paper confirmation and email on phone. Our tickets ended up linking automatically onto our magic bands so we just needed to scan our bands to get in. Very easy and smooth check-in process.

Awesome, thanks both - about to book our tickets now!!

Is there a guess as to how many tickets are/might be available for this event? Is it as many as for the Halloween or Christmas parties?

Is there a guess as to how many tickets are/might be available for this event? Is it as many as for the Halloween or Christmas parties?
Reports are 300. Way less than a party no matter what. Way, way less

I can't believe i'm missing this by a couple of weeks! I would love to go to this after hours event!

Reports are 300. Way less than a party no matter what. Way, way less

there was a lot more than 300, it was about 3000 there. still under 2% of total capacity of the park.

My number is based on how it was very similar, possibly even a hair more crowded than the sold out night I did last year. if reports were 3000 ticket max for 2016s then it was 3000ish.

I heard 3,000
there was a lot more than 300, it was about 3000 there. still under 2% of total capacity of the park.

My number is based on how it was very similar, possibly even a hair more crowded than the sold out night I did last year. if reports were 3000 ticket max for 2016s then it was 3000ish.
Sorry, I meant 3000, lost a zero

We just got back yesterday from a quick 3 day jaunt. We opted to buy the after hours special event ticket for Friday 1/20.
While the price seems steep at $119/pp - we were able to take advantage of the DVC Member price of $89/pp.
This event was absolutely worth every penny! In fact - If I had paid full price, I would say the exact same thing!
The event allowed for access to the MK after closing from 9-12. I've heard ramblings that the maximum number of tickets they will sell for this event is 3000, but I was right next to two CM's discussing the entry for the evening and learned that they had only sold 1200 for that night!!

We checked in at 6pm, got our exclusive lanyard for the event and hit up whatever we felt like until the event officially began.

As soon as Wishes ended, the park cleared out and the fun began!!
We literally rode EVERYTHING! With zero wait. Some rides, we were the only people in sight. There were times we were walking through a land and there was nobody else. It was incredible.
I got some amazing photos of the park. We met some great CM's. They provided free bottled beverages, free popcorn and free ice cream treats all night long.
And we rode the Mine Train 5 times in a row!
I must admit - there is something to be said about walking through the HM stretching room into the doom buggy line queue with absolutely no bottle necking!!

If I had to suggest anything to make the event better, I would prefer it were 4 hours - just to have some time for extra rides, or a relaxed snack. And I would have LOVED there to be one or two special character greetings. I'm talking about the rare ones.... Like Pinnochio, Brear Rabbit, any villian... someone you wouldn't normally see there.

Overall - a stellar experience if you could swing it!
If they continue to offer it - I will absolutely be taking advantage on our next trip!!!

Thanks for the review. I am trying to talk my husband into it for our trip. It will really depend on how tired he is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter