• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

I wish they had April dates so bad. I don't think that closing at 9 is that "late" . I even planned our trip around it. with Tuesday being our beach day because it's usually at night. we only have one MK day this year and no way we can do it all. I remember when they first announced it out thought it was crazy and too $. after seeing g posts on it, those 3 hours are like 2 busy days in mk!!

if it's a "busy time" wouldn't that be even more reason to do it!!! they close at 9 the first week of april which is our spring break.

So on the MDE app I'm seeing MK closing at 11:00pm that first week of April. My boss and his wife are going that week and after hearing about our wonderful experience at this event in January, he was hoping to do it too. I had to break the bad news to him that it likely wasn't happening.

High crowds in MK today. We left the park to head to the room to rest a bit before the After Hours event starts. They were handing out lanyards at about 4:20 at the tapstiles as we were heading out. We'll grab ours on the way back in - planning to arrive at 7:30 or 8 (we haven't had good luck with buses this trip) to catch the fireworks. Hoping the crowds clear out fast!

High crowds in MK today. We left the park to head to the room to rest a bit before the After Hours event starts. They were handing out lanyards at about 4:20 at the tapstiles as we were heading out. We'll grab ours on the way back in - planning to arrive at 7:30 or 8 (we haven't had good luck with buses this trip) to catch the fireworks. Hoping the crowds clear out fast!
How exciting! I have been reading that MK has been crazy busy for February...but don't be discouraged even if it's still a bit crowded when you walk in to catch the fireworks. You will see (and appreciate) the difference quickly after. Hope you and your family enjoy!

How exciting! I have been reading that MK has been crazy busy for February...but don't be discouraged even if it's still a bit crowded when you walk in to catch the fireworks. You will see (and appreciate) the difference quickly after. Hope you and your family enjoy!

Yeah, we joke that we are bad luck since the last trip we did was the first week of September of 2015 when it is usually very low crowds. Of course that was the year that September was unusually crowded. Same this year with this trip. A woman we just talked to on the bus said they come this time every year and it's not usually this crowded. It figures. Needless to say we are not people who normally bother to play the lottery. With our luck, this will be the only sold out after hours event. :rotfl:

tonight might be sold out.. website doesn't work to get a ticket and been on hold forever.

Sounds about right. I don't think you can generally buy a ticket online the same day though.

I do it all the time, the problem was something with the system where AP tickets ran out and it couldn't process the full price so I had to call.

I do it all the time, the problem was something with the system where AP tickets ran out and it couldn't process the full price so I had to call.

Oh, I thought others had posted on this thread earlier that you couldn't purchase them on the website on the same day. So, it's not sold out then? That would be good news!

ETA: Just saw your other post. Sounds like it will probably sell out for tonight. Hoping everything will still be a walk on! Will say hi if we see you!

I so hope they continue this as it was a highlight of our May trip in 2016 and we'd totally pay full price for this each trip as it was really the only time we were in MK without someone being stressed/annoyed. Everything was walk-on and seeing MK without an overwhelming sea of people was a total highlight for us... If they keep doing this we'll pay for it when we come each trip --- it is way more worth it than any dessert party in my opinion .... I just hope they keep making it available.

We're here. Came over by boat from the Wilderness Lodge about 4:30. Got in using our After Hour tickets with no problem. Been using our fast passes and strolling around since then. Watched the flag ceremony at 5. Eating dinner at Pecos Bill's at the moment. Ready for all these people to split so we can enjoy this evening!

I so hope they continue this as it was a highlight of our May trip in 2016 and we'd totally pay full price for this each trip as it was really the only time we were in MK without someone being stressed/annoyed. Everything was walk-on and seeing MK without an overwhelming sea of people was a total highlight for us... If they keep doing this we'll pay for it when we come each trip --- it is way more worth it than any dessert party in my opinion .... I just hope they keep making it available.

I'm hoping for May too. I would love to do this. Would actually have paid last year's $150 for an empty park.

We're here. Came over by boat from the Wilderness Lodge about 4:30. Got in using our After Hour tickets with no problem. Been using our fast passes and strolling around since then. Watched the flag ceremony at 5. Eating dinner at Pecos Bill's at the moment. Ready for all these people to split so we can enjoy this evening!
If you get time take some pictures to post :)

Good size crowd tonight. Miniscule lines formed but not bad except for peter pan that got 5 to 7ish mins.

Fun time, lots of families with kids. Not enough ice cream carts, you had to travel a little once the night got half over.

We had a blast tonight. Definitely worth the price -- especially at the discounted DVC rate. I'll share more details tomorrow when I'm not exhausted, but I will say it seemed like there were more people there tonight than how other nights have been described. I didn't mind. We still didn't wait for anything at all. But there was never a sense of being in a deserted park. There were always people around. We did get to ride Dumbo with me and my husband as the only people on the whole ride -- that was the highlight of the night for me. Dumbo is my favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter