Magic Kingdom Bathrooms - GROSS

I am not sure why you are getting so defensive. I was simply stating my opinion.

All I am saying is that while you are having a great experience at Disneyland it is possible someone is having a different experience. And the same can be said of WDW. It is possible that while you thought the bathrooms were dirty, someone else had the opposite experience.

I am not sure why you are getting so defensive. I was simply stating my opinion.

Yeah...and we really don't appreciate that "mean squinty eye" you're giving us either :duck:;)

All I am saying is that while you are having a great experience at Disneyland it is possible someone is having a different experience. And the same can be said of WDW. It is possible that while you thought the bathrooms were dirty, someone else had the opposite experience.

No doubt, it's so hard to know what to believe when it comes to reviews, you go on tripadvisor to look at hotel reviews and half the people will tell you the place is a dump and the other half tell you it's wonderful! It could be a matter of tolerance or it could just be a matter of timing, who knows :confused3

Last edited:
Well, any place can have an off day -- even MK. Maybe the CM who was supposed to take care of that bathroom called in sick that day...

We were at Disney last week (I have visited over 10 times) and was shocked at the restroom situation. It was so gross! :crazy2:

I have been at busy and slow times and it has never been this bad. Most days I never saw an attendant or custodial maintaining them (and we have small bladders so we were stopping frequently and at many different restrooms in each park).

The worst was in Fantasyland (like others have experienced). It was beyond disgusting. We stopped a CM who didn't seem too interested in the issue.

On the way out of the park (late afternoon) I was so fed up (since this was a running issue for the whole week), I decided to stop by guest relations to "complain". I figured if they didn't know it was an issue, how could they fix it?. (BTW: I have never gone to guest relations before to complain - only to commend CM's - I am not one to raise a "stink" about something).

The line to talk to someone was out of the building and we didn't have that much time to wait - so I let it go.

Disney really, really needs to address this. It can't cost that much in the grand scheme of things to hire more custodial employees.

I was at WDW from April 29- May 6. And while the bathrooms were not perfect, more times than not I saw a CM working away to clean them up. I was using them pretty often too, as I had an unexpected second visit from my "monthly visitor". It is strange how 2 posters can have such different experiences. Maybe it is like the buses and has to do with timing.

I've been to a LOT of bathrooms this week in all the parks and they are clean I saw nothing wrong at all

...maybe it's the men's rooms that are clean!

Hmmmm, we were there during the last week of April and found the bathrooms to be fine! I even had to use the one by POTC which I have had bad experiences with and it was actually clean this time.

MK has by far some of the busiest and most heavily used bathrooms at WDW, it also doesn't help that some guests are inconsiderate and make disgusting and unnecessary messes.. The best thing to do if you see a restroom in really bad condition is to report it to a nearby Custodial CM if not any CM in the area and they will dispatch to have it cleaned..

We have never had a bad gross bathroom in any of the wdw parks. Maybe not perfecr, but it always seemed a cleaning.crew was heading to whatever bathroom needed attention.

AKK

Maybe women are just messier?

I've seen messy bathrooms from time to time but not often. It's inevitable I imagine.

They smelled, some weren't flushing and stuff all over the floor. All of the bathrooms in MK. Tangled, circus, splash mountain, cosmic rays, and front of park. They were nasty.

[Wow, you checked every toilet (bathroom) in MK? I salute your dedication.

Seriously, while I have never seen a really gross toilet in WDW, I am sure that given the volume of traffic, and human nature, that this happens occasionally, but I hope that you didn't let it spoil your holiday (vacation).

ITT: Some people who are shocked that a place where people relieve themselves of excess solids & liquids smells like a place where people relieve themselves of solids & liquids.

lol! once, after riding Mission space (spinning version) I had to use the nearby restroom to throw up.. SORRY! it made me nauseous.

while I was trying to throw up as discreetly as I could, I could hear a few girls complaining "how gross! can't you do that somewhere else?" um where else. and you know what ladies? sometimes people have to pass gas in a bathroom. and have bowel movements. sometimes they smell.

sorry. it just seems like more and more people get irritated at using a bathroom for its intended purpose! (and of course you should clean up after yourself)

Last edited:
We were there the last week of March/first few days of April, and I'll agree partially with the OP, the MK bathrooms seemed to be in disarray. The women's restroom outside POTC was the worst offender as it had an outhouse smell, probably due to a toilet that appeared to have overflowed and was in the process of being cleaned up. But I don't put all this on the CMs. There was a CM actively cleaning in almost every restroom we went in at WDW, but DD & I even had a conversation on watching people miss the trash can and just walk away or leave soiled seat covers that didn't make it down with the flush. Disney isn't the only place trying hard to keep up.

We just came home and I found the ladies restrooms to be clean for the most part. Sometimes a little untidy w/paper on the floor, but not dirty. I had one instance of an absolutely disgusting mess left by someone in one stall that I cannot even begin to describe...how does someone do that? I tried to find a CM but couldn't and had to give up in a rush to another location. Many of the rooms had attendants in them, and more often than not, I saw someone cleaning/tidying up.

The bathrooms in the Magic Kingdom are gross. The smell like outhouses and are very dirty. I thought I was at six flags instead of Disney. This is part of what I par for. I have come to expect a clean bathtroom. I must say that Animal Kingdom!s bathrooms are pretty clean. You could tell they were working hard

I've been going to Disney parks regularly (1-3 times a year) for the past 21 years. I've been on Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, New Years Day, July 4th and Halloween, as well as for hard ticket events like parties and Night of Joy and I've NEVER seen a bathroom in the parks that smelled like an outhouse. Some of have been messy but they are almost always in the process of cleaning or someone is notified and they are on their way. Even at the busiest day of the year when the parks have CLOSED to anyone incoming they have been very clean.

It's worth noting that a great many of these posts that while admitting the bathroom may gave been dirty- there was a cm cleaning it at the time. This tells me that guests are being so messy and sloppy that the cm can't keep up. Sure, Disney could put more CM's in each one but at some point there ought to be a little personal responsibility.

OP here and I had to come back and post. I just got back from a 10 day trip and I am happy to report that I did not run into ONE bathroom that was disgusting. I was dreading take my daughter to the bathroom on this trip because she still needs help in the stalls and at 5, does not seem to see a problem with germs. But like I said, I was thrilled to find that most if not all bathrooms were pretty spotless. :flower:

OP here and I had to come back and post. I just got back from a 10 day trip and I am happy to report that I did not run into ONE bathroom that was disgusting. I was dreading take my daughter to the bathroom on this trip because she still needs help in the stalls and at 5, does not seem to see a problem with germs. But like I said, I was thrilled to find that most if not all bathrooms were pretty spotless. :flower:
That's good. During that last trip you must have gotten on the front end of all the cleaning cycles. I was at WDW the last week in May and never encountered a bathroom that was dirty. Everyone of them (and yes, I go a lot so I go in every bath room multiple times) had a CM in there working and cleaning. I never saw one not being worked on and even then they were in good shape, just like all my other trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter