• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Bathrooms - GROSS

I will go out of my way to avoid the restrooms in Fantasyland. There are too many people using them. There are always dirty smelly diapers in the trash. Disney tries but there are just too many people and the restrooms are used a lot. Over the years we have found where the "secret" bathrooms are. One of the least used at Epcot is the one in Journey of the imagination (Figment's bathroom we call it). The Brown Derby one is quietest in DHS. The one outside Pirates is good in MK.

If you know people are slobs.... and I know people are slobs...... then Disney knows that people are slobs. And should staff accordingly.

Sometimes it is impossible to keep up with people. Unless they have the same number of CMs as guests,and a CM is assigned to follow each guest around, sometimes things will get away from them.

If the bathrooms were like that day in and out, I would agree there is a problem. But they are not. And as most people know who have to deal with staffing at work, all it takes is for a few call offs or no shows, and your great staffing level is now not so great.

Sometimes it is impossible to keep up with people. Unless they have the same number of CMs as guests,and a CM is assigned to follow each guest around, sometimes things will get away from them.

I think they can do it with *slightly* less than a 1:1 CM to guest ratio.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

If they can't keep them clean because there are so many people using them, then they need to either let less people in per day, build more bathrooms, or hire more people to maintain them at a higher frequency.
It's not rocket science -- it's theme park science.

I suggest the WDW managers play a few rounds of Roller Coaster Tycoon...

If the bathrooms were like that day in and out, I would agree there is a problem. But they are not. And as most people know who have to deal with staffing at work, all it takes is for a few call offs or no shows, and your great staffing level is now not so great.

I agree- we don't hear reports of the bathrooms always being in bad condition- rather it's a complaint here and there and often followed by comments from people who were there at the same time and never saw any problem. Both are probably telling the truth and it's a matter of during an extremely busy time, you just happened to hit it at the wrong time. As you say, it only takes 1 person to make a disastrous mess and if you walk in right after that, you could assume that's what the bathroom always looks like. 10 minutes later, another guest could walk in and out with the impression that Disney restrooms are spotless all the time.

But anytime you find a bathroom that's a mess, you should report it. Griping here makes you feel better, fixes nothing. Honestly, I don't put a lot of stock in any complaint I read that wasn't followed up with a complaint to guest services. If it bothers you that much, you should say something about it.

I have to say, I absolutely HATE public restrooms... I'd rather hold it than use them in the parks but sometimes you have to go. There is 1 restroom that sticks out in my mind as being flat out disgusting and it's the restrooms at Hoop Dee Doo Revue. All 3 times going there and using them, we were all grossed out. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Toilet paper all over the floors, the floors wet and the toilets all backed up like they weren't flushed and the smell was just horrible. I've never seen the restrooms in the parks bad at all and not even close to what I experienced at HDDR. They do a prett good job keeping up with them all day with thousands of people using them each day.

I gag just thinking about the last time I was at WDW and used the ladies room at HDDR - it was beyond words ripe. Smelled like 1000 dirty diapers in a tiny little room.

In 2013 I only ran into one very gross bathroom situation during our two week vacation. It was the ladies room in Pecos Bills. It was trashed! I walked in and walked right back out and went up to the counter and reported it to a manager. They said they would take care of it, apologized, and a few minutes later from where we were seated I saw a few janitor CMs go in to the restroom.
I saw others on our trip that were slightly dirty, paper etc, but most were pretty clean.

I will say the bathroom that is used quite frequently by the safari ride in the Animal Kingdom, there were 2 on staff in the bathroom at all times. They did a wonderful job. It is so busy back there.

Other than bathrooms at WS in Epcot being rather hot so the seat protector sticks to my legs, I really haven't had any ladies room gripes and I HATE public bathrooms. Oh and the day I was on a flooded seat in Pirates I would have killed for a normal hot air hand dryer like at AK to dry to my skirt. But I really have had no complaints and almost always see a CM in there. I heard another guest thank a CM for all her hard work keeping something destined to be trashed nice.

More people, people don't care and will not clean up after themselves
BUT my trip went up by about $800 from last year.
I am getting less for that price (backlot closed, maelstrom closed etc etc) same parade, night parade, characters no big changes- so Disney has more money from each guest to keep wdw staffed properly.
Also I can teach my kids to clean up after themselves! And my students in the classroom!

Just back last week, this was not my experience. In fact, I practically tripped over CMs in every bathroom I went into. Seemed fully staffed to me.

More people, people don't care and will not clean up after themselves
BUT my trip went up by about $800 from last year.
I am getting less for that price (backlot closed, maelstrom closed etc etc) same parade, night parade, characters no big changes- so Disney has more money from each guest to keep wdw staffed properly.
Also I can teach my kids to clean up after themselves! And my students in the classroom!

Usually Disney is staffed properly. Complaints about the lack of bathroom cleanliness are not rampant on the Dis. As another poster pointed out, it could be bad timing. Walking into a bathroom right after someone else made a mess, and before housekeeping gets there. It happens. As do people calling off for their shift.

As for getting less for your money, really? There are many complaints on the Dis about all of the construction. They can't just toss up new rides in a month. They have been working hard for at least 3 years at adding to the parks.

Fun fact: best bathrooms I've found in all of the Disney parks is the new ones by the Festival of the Lion King. Hardly ever used since their not on the main path. And the A/C in there feels great when it's hot out

Those are nice. Best ones in all of wdw imo: to the right of American Adventure gift shop. I go to wdw 3 or 4 times a year, and never saw them until February! They look brand new, plentiful stalls, and no one is in there.

I've always enjoyed the great AC in wdw bathrooms!

Those are nice. Best ones in all of wdw imo: to the right of American Adventure gift shop. I go to wdw 3 or 4 times a year, and never saw them until February! They look brand new, plentiful stalls, and no one is in there.

I've always enjoyed the great AC in wdw bathrooms!

I think those are new. A few days ago someone mentioned them.

I only encountered one really bad bathroom last month in 8 days at WDW, and that was the one in Hollywood and Vine in DHS. Every bathroom in MK was fine, and we hit pretty much all of them, as we had 4 days during which we spent at least some of our time in MK. Coincidentally, the only bad bathroom we had on our trip before this one was the one by Splash, which was closed this time.

I have never run into a gross bathroom at Disney. I mean, I hear the stories but never really see it.

Oh, scratch that. I did run into one gross bathroom I guess since the people who were making it messy were in there with me. As in not flushing toilets, throwing paper towels on the ground, splashing water from the sinks at each other (stupid teenage girls).

The bathrooms in Pleasure Island were always gross which I guess isn't that big of a shock.

Other than that, I recall the bathrooms by Splash and Kali always being yucky since everyone going in is wet and drippy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter