• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Dining not so magic...

cattroxx

Earning My Ears
hi all,

I am here at Disney now, and just returned from two days at the Magic Kingdom - haven't been there in over a year, and boy, has the food taken a turn for the worse!! I could not believe what they've done to all the unique, signature foods at many of the themed restaurants - like Pecos Bill in Frontierland, and Tomorrowland Terrace....the food has become generic and the quality was totally unacceptable!

Tomorrowland Terrace gets the worst review from me - i got a COLD burger there (actually - we got three cold ones since my friends ate there too at a different time of day and had the same complaint), with undercooked french fries - they were inedible and I had to return them. (yes, this was an inconvenience trying to talk to a mgr in a crowded fastfood joint with long lines - but i'm a Disney lover, and I felt someone should be accountable). Also - the new way they organize the food there - with separate 'stations' is totally inconvenient for how people really order food. I had to wait in TWO lines to get my 3 year old nephew the chicken nuggets which were not offered in the 'burger' line...ridiculous for families! and that insane mechanical condiment dispenser that doesn't really work and leaves ketchup and mustard all over the counter etc??? who invented that thing (i'm sure you've seen them - they're everywhere at Disney !) The 'trying to look sci-fi but failing miserably' decor in the Tomorrowland Terrace is also VERY unappetizing - like a dark, creepy institutional. Needless to say, I will be eating elsewhere next time I'm there.

And of course, the street vendor food is so boring now, it's not even fun to look around for your favorites anymore...anyone remember the frozen chocolate bananas? or the turkey legs? now, it's all cross-branded Coke products and nothing unique. Very sad. sigh. And that Dasani water???? please - for the cost of entry, we should be able to buy real spring water at least...perhaps with a Disney brand label that would be more attractive too!

ok - enough venting....other than the heat and my awful dining experiences at the MK....I am loving staying at Boardwalk of course and the new gym at Saratoga Springs is worth a visit for anyone who likes to workout! Hope to see you all soon!

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't a good one. I think when you speak of Tomorrowland Terrace you mean Cosmic Ray's?? I could be mistaken since they(I think) made in into a buffet of sorts for the Free dining. If Cosmic Ray's is what you speak of, we love it there. It's so cheesy it's cool. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the three different stations, but other than that I love the food.

We've been to MK 3 times in the last year...I loved every minute of it.

I always get a frozen banana and my husband always get a turkey leg. They were still there on our last visit, last October.

Tomorrowland terrace is either the noodle station or the buffet...you were probably thinking of Cosmic Rays as mickeymousemom said. We love Cosmic Rays, and while we have waited in some long lines, the food has always been fantastic. As far as cross promoting...Disney has always done this.

I remember watching the opening of Disneyland (on DVD, not actually there...) and seeing Aunt Jemimas pancake house or something like that. You can still find your old favorites like frozen bananas and turkey legs :)

Tomorrowland does need a bit of updating, but if I'm not mistaken, Disney is on that :) They can't do everything, and certainly not all at once. I would reccomend you giving cosmic rays another try :)

You were at Cosmic Rays not Tommorow land Terrace. Which makes me think your powers of observation aren't the sharpest since I had both a chocolate covered frozen banana and a turkey leg two weeks ago.

<<now, it's all cross-branded Coke products and nothing unique. Very sad.
sigh.>>

Isn't that how it's been for a *long* time?

Yeap, frozen bananas and turkey legs are still abundant. Cosmic Rays has stations, not Tomorrowland Terrace....always have. Coke has been the drink of choice for years. Thanks for the reviews though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter