Magic Kingdom dinner

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
Our MK day is the only day I don’t have any ADRs scheduled. I have been trying to decide what to do. Do I just do quick service For lunch and dinner? The only places with ADRs available at around time we would want to eat are Skipper Canteen, Tony’s, and Diamond Horsheshoe. I would lean toward skipper canteen but we are pretty picky eaters. I’ve read so many bad reviews about Tony’s.....and I know nothing about Diamond Horsehoe. It is July 3rd so we don’t want to eat outside of the park. We do like to have a nice sit down place for dinner.

Tony's: I know Tony's gets a lot of bad reviews. We have eaten there only once and we enjoyed it. We had a good meal and good service. Perhaps we caught them on a good day. We plan to go back sometime.
Diamond Horseshoe: We haven't tried Diamond Horseshoe. We have a reservation for Diamond Horseshoe on our next visit. I hear it gets mixed reviews as well. We are going to try it for ourselves. The menu looks pretty good.

I know many complaints have been raised about Tony’s & want to say that we had a really good meal there this year. I know you said you didn’t want to eat outside of the park but maybe consider lunch at one of the monorail resorts? IMO it is a bit of a respite from touring the MK on what will most likely be a hot, crowded day. I have never been but many DISers recommend The Wave. We have been to The Grand Floridian Cafe several time & have had good food & service in a pretty place.

I know many complaints have been raised about Tony’s & want to say that we had a really good meal there this year. I know you said you didn’t want to eat outside of the park but maybe consider lunch at one of the monorail resorts? IMO it is a bit of a respite from touring the MK on what will most likely be a hot, crowded day. I have never been but many DISers recommend The Wave. We have been to The Grand Floridian Cafe several time & have had good food & service in a pretty place.

I agree to leave for lunch. We tried Kona for lunch last trip. Very good for us. Reviews are subjective as far as the eyes can see.

upload_2018-5-13_18-56-56.png

upload_2018-5-13_18-57-14.png

Maybe walk to one of the hotels that is walking distance? We are thinking about doing that one day. I don't know if I can really find 2 MK QS that I want to eat at in one day. Plus we are on the QS Dining Plan and would rather have a beer or glass of wine with dinner.

We (wife, 3 8 year olds) loved skipper canteen on 2 trips. But as a self proclaimed "picky eater" only you know if you'd enjoy the menu items. I don't really think the menu is particularly adventurous but only you will really know if your party will like the offerings.

We have never had a bad experience at Tony’s for dinner. We love lunch at LTT we usually make an ADR for when they open. Not sure the size of your party but I just checked and right now they have some openings.

I had a good time at Tony's every time. It's not on the top of our best list but it's always been good food and service. Love Lady and the Tramp theme!

A short boat ride from MK or Monorail to Poly might be worth it to dine at Kona. Very good food every time.

I would also vote for LTT - you could put in a request on Touring Plans Reservation Finder for your date and time - you can set up free account if you don't have one. They will text you if one pops up, and you can go on to try and grab it. If you miss it which sometimes happens, just remember to go back and reset it. If one comes up even if it isn't ideal timing, grab it, then keep trying to modify. Late lunch can be a nice break from the heat and act as dinner, freeing you up to grab something during the evening whenever it's convenient.

I love Skipper Canteen and there are lots of food options! The Kungaloosh dessert is to die for. We have an ADR there on July 3rd too ;)

All of them are good. I want to try Tony's again since I haven't been there in over a year. Last time I went it was pretty good.

Diamond Horseshoe was surprisingly good but it was a LOT of food. Don't eat any heavy meals beforehand.

Skippers Canteen has an interesting menu, and my favorite dish is the seafood stew.

Skippers Canteen is great, even if you're just there to focus on the theming (for instance, go and read the book titles on the bookshelf). I've found the food there to be a little hit or miss, but I love the desserts. The great thing about Disney is that they're often ok leaving stuff off of the food is there is something you're not into. For instance, maybe just get the fried chicken plain rather than with the sauce.

The Diamond Horseshoe has been on my radar to try, but I often want something lighter as I often like to snack at MK.

I do have to agree about going Pecos Bill if you decide to go the quick service route. The topping bar alone is enough to make it worth your time.

I would look at touring Plans for the reservation finder. Maybe book SC now to have something and put in your other requests via TP.

We tend to stay at the monorail hotels so eat at the resorts when hunger comes upon us when doing MK.

Diamond Horseback will probably be open on the 3rd and the meal will be similar to HDDR: beans, corn, fried chicken and ribs will probably be on the menu. DH is a seasonal eatery that only opens during busy time frames.
The Contemporary's restaurants are within walking distance. Probably 15 minutes is all it would take to walk from the hotel to and back from MK.

ETA: New menu for Diamond Horseback starting this week:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-the-diamond-horseshoe-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter