Magic Kingdom Fireworks Parties

We splurged on tickets for the pre-party on the night we have Boo Bash only (no daytime) tickets because fireworks are a priority for my kids (their choice) and didn't want to fight the crowds. Thought maybe we could enjoy a few moments of desserts instead of staking out a space in the crowds, and then enjoy reserved standing. Just wondering - if we can't get into MK until 7 pm (with Boo tickets), will we still have time to enjoy the desserts checking in as soon as we get back there? I know check in starts at 630 for 8 pm fireworks. I was thinking 20-25 mins of party and head out at 745 for fireworks... I've never done a party though... would that work?
I think that would be too rushed. Maybe others think differently. We've only done the dessert party once and my memory is fading. We have the party scheduled for October. I plan to line up for check in by 6:15.
ETA: Maybe you could play it by ear. After you check in, head up to the party and check out the situation. I bet the crowds would start to thin out in the party area as you are arriving.

Do you think I will be ok with a 5:05 ADR at SH71 and a 6:30 Dessert party on 10/24?

Do you think I will be ok with a 5:05 ADR at SH71 and a 6:30 Dessert party on 10/24?
I personally think that’s too close. I’d choose the post-party to give yourselves that extra 30 minutes. Remember it will take you probably 10 minutes to walk from the Contemporary plus time to enter the park. I have a 5:15 Tony’s and I even thought the 6:30 would make us feel rushed.

Thanks for your opinion. There is no.post party that night. 😥
Well heck….I might go for it then!!! If that’s your only opportunity, anyway. I mean 6:30 is the START of check-in, right? I’d also arrive way early for that ADR and tell your server what you’re trying to do. But I’d most definitely speed walk to the MK and NOT rely on the monorail.

Well heck….I might go for it then!!! If that’s your only opportunity, anyway. I mean 6:30 is the START of check-in, right? I’d also arrive way early for that ADR and tell your server what you’re trying to do. But I’d most definitely speed walk to the MK and NOT rely on the monorail.
And honestly, we're not really worried about the "best" spot in the garden, I just like the idea of not having to camp out a spot ahead of time and end up being completely crammed in like sardines. It's also just DH and I.

I think SH71 starts dinner at 5:00, so we'll be among the first dining.

And honestly, we're not really worried about the "best" spot in the garden, I just like the idea of not having to camp out a spot ahead of time and end up being completely crammed in like sardines. It's also just DH and I.

I think SH71 starts dinner at 5:00, so we'll be among the first dining.
You could let your server know that you are headed to the party after dinner. We have had great service at The Wave. Hoping it will still be great on our first visit to SH71.

Has anyone reserved a dessert party in December (resort reservation +10) yet?

I have a friend who has been obsessively checking for December dates, and they don’t seem to have opened yet.

Maybe my brain isn't functioning yet (very good chance) , but wouldn't December (1st) open up on 10/2?
And the + 10 would extend to the end of the trip-

We are heading down 12/23, and my date for ADRs is 10/24-

Maybe my brain isn't functioning yet (very good chance) , but wouldn't December (1st) open up on 10/2?
And the + 10 would extend to the end of the trip-

We are heading down 12/23, and my date for ADRs is 10/24-

My 14 night reservations start on November 23rd and I am able to reserve normal ADR's (with +10) for Dec 1st - 2nd. MK dessert parties and Steakhouse 71 are still the only ones greyed out. My dates for Nov 30th are available for both though.

Anyone know how late after the fireworks you can stay if you do the post party? I always hate fighting the crowds on the way out, so if you get to sit and have dessert and watch the crowds disperse it seems like a good use of time, unless they try to push you out quickly.

When we did it there was absolutely no rushing us in the dessert area but they cleaned up and put away the food at a set time. It's not there for you to nibble while you wait. BUT we did not go when there was an After Hours Event, that could change everything on how it is handled if you go one of those nights.

When we did it there was absolutely no rushing us in the dessert area but they cleaned up and put away the food at a set time. It's not there for you to nibble while you wait. BUT we did not go when there was an After Hours Event, that could change everything on how it is handled if you go one of those nights.

The post dessert party isn’t showing as available on After Hours nights, is it?

I don't see anything listed for after Nov 22... none of the dessert parties show for December dates at all

I don't see anything listed for after Nov 22... none of the dessert parties show for December dates at all
Interesting because I think our dates are similar 😊
I can see to the end of November and so far the lack of post-fireworks dessert parties lines up exactly with the After Hours nights. I’m interested in Dec 3rd but if the same holds true, then only a pre-party would be available. Here’s the current post-party schedule:

15950C57-3417-40CD-B1B6-7DFC075A1F68.png

Interesting because I think our dates are similar 😊
I can see to the end of November and so far the lack of post-fireworks dessert parties lines up exactly with the After Hours nights. I’m interested in Dec 3rd but if the same holds true, then only a pre-party would be available. Here’s the current post-party schedule:

View attachment 607187
oops, yes you are right, I'm on a desktop, and had to totally close out of the website and log in again. Now I can see the 29th. :)

Reactions: CJN

I haven't looked I was just saying if there was a paid event after you likely couldn't hang around long.

My 14 night reservations start on November 23rd and I am able to reserve normal ADR's (with +10) for Dec 1st - 2nd. MK dessert parties and Steakhouse 71 are still the only ones greyed out. My dates for Nov 30th are available for both though.

Gotcha !! Told ya--- was too early for me to have to do any math !!! LOL

Gotcha !! Told ya--- was too early for me to have to do any math !!! LOL
No worries! I was nervous and checked my date multiple times! I've been up so many mornings now with all the releases of new places/parties and not knowing if you could reserve past the 60 days like After Hours 😴 It's been nuts, lol!

I've done a bunch of the pre fireworks parties at MK. The one big thing that was always an issue was actually getting to the Garden Plaza from the dessert party area.
It was nuts and extremely crowded.
You would think that there would be cast members to help get through the crowds but there was only one at the front and everyone behind that person was literally on their own to hopefully make it to the Garden Plaza on time.
Plus the Garden Plaza area does fill up with pre and post party folks now that Disney is doing 2 parties most evenings. And they were having everyone stand up for the fireworks show itself. Not a problem for me since I can't sit on the ground but I heard plenty of grumbling from other folks the last time I did one in late 2019.

I figure next time I do a fireworks party I will do the post one just to be in the Garden Plaza before the fireworks and enjoy a few desserts after if I can get from the Plaza to the Dessert Party on a scooter afterwards. That could be extra tough as well when the crowds are leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter