• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Parties

I lost track of the discussion... are they offering the post-party on Boo Bash nights?

It looks like the After Party isn't offered on the nights of the Merriest After Party - but it seems like they just haven't loaded the December dates yet.

Plus the Garden Plaza area does fill up with pre and post party folks now that Disney is doing 2 parties most evenings. And they were having everyone stand up for the fireworks show itself. Not a problem for me since I can't sit on the ground but I heard plenty of grumbling from other folks the last time I did one in late 2019.
We went in 2018 and they allowed everyone to sit and the majority of people did. Is the asking everyone to stand a new thing then? I wonder if it's a new policy.

We went in 2018 and they allowed everyone to sit and the majority of people did. Is the asking everyone to stand a new thing then? I wonder if it's a new policy.
I don't remember if they asked us to stand when we were last there in January 2020. But the area is more crowded now that it's filled with both pre and post party people. I'm pretty sure that started sometime after 2018. It was right before we did this on one of our trips, either summer 2019 or January 2020.

I don't remember if they asked us to stand when we were last there in January 2020. But the area is more crowded now that it's filled with both pre and post party people. I'm pretty sure that started sometime after 2018. It was right before we did this on one of our trips, either summer 2019 or January 2020.
Although this does give me a little hope for going on a boo bash night that it won't be as crowded in the standing area...

Although this does give me a little hope for going on a boo bash night that it won't be as crowded in the standing area...

That was my thought in selecting a night for the dessert party. We decided to book it the night we are going to Boo Bash (we have hoppers so getting into the park in time to check in for the dessert party shouldn’t be a problem), figuring there should be fewer people in the garden viewing area.

I just booked the before dessert party on our Merriest After Hours night. Check in is at 6:30 pm and our party ticket allows us in at 7pm. We will plan to be at the gates at 6:30pm to get in as soon as allowed. I just saw on our dessert party confirmation that it says late arrivals may not be accommodated. Does anyone have experience with arriving for a dessert party check in late?

I just booked the before dessert party on our Merriest After Hours night. Check in is at 6:30 pm and our party ticket allows us in at 7pm. We will plan to be at the gates at 6:30pm to get in as soon as allowed. I just saw on our dessert party confirmation that it says late arrivals may not be accommodated. Does anyone have experience with arriving for a dessert party check in late?
I'm doing this for boo bash so I will be able to tell you after that.

I'm going to book this for November. It looks like there is no longer a DVC discount?

I asked this question a few pages back but it might have gotten buried under other replies. If you do the after fireworks package, do you have to check in, get your wrist band and immediately go to the garden? Or could you potentially check in, ride an attraction with a short line or go shopping, then come back a few minutes before the show starts? Can you also leave and reenter the garden (for example, if you need to hit the bathroom) before the show? I know the area gets filled up, but it shouldn't be too filled if it's a reserved area, and I can't imagine there are any "bad" spots in there. Plus I always thought one of the advantages of doing these packages is that you don't need to stake out your spot an hour in advance. But am I wrong?

I have never understand why people book these things. Just me but I would rather put the money aside for a house. :)

If you're trying to save for a house, I am not sure why you would be going to Disney in the first place.

Edit to add:
If you can think of a reason why someone would go to Disney while at the same time trying to save for a house, then maybe you can understand why someone would book these things.

Last edited:
Booked the after show party for the final night of our Honeymoon! This will be our first Dessert party and I can't wait to experience it. Part of me kinda hopes it's underwhelming so we won't feel the need to do it again in future trips though.

I asked this question a few pages back but it might have gotten buried under other replies. If you do the after fireworks package, do you have to check in, get your wrist band and immediately go to the garden? Or could you potentially check in, ride an attraction with a short line or go shopping, then come back a few minutes before the show starts? Can you also leave and reenter the garden (for example, if you need to hit the bathroom) before the show? I know the area gets filled up, but it shouldn't be too filled if it's a reserved area, and I can't imagine there are any "bad" spots in there. Plus I always thought one of the advantages of doing these packages is that you don't need to stake out your spot an hour in advance. But am I wrong?

Once you have a wristband, you can go to the reserved area whenever you want, and you can come and go as you please.

We went in 2019 and I don’t recall being made to stand, but we weren’t going to see at all if we sat. It was practically body to body.

when I was there in 2017, they told everyone to stand so they could get more people in. Course this was only when they had the pre party garden plaza viewing and the tomorrow land terrace seating

Has anyone seen dates open for any of the dessert parties for Dec yet? I'm well within my 60 booking window, but still seeing no availability Dec 1, 2 or 3. I can see end of Nov still has MK pre and/or post availability but nothing for Dec yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter