Magic Kingdom Fourth of July Foreworks tonight!

luvsJack

DIS Veteran
where in the Magic Kingdom besides the hub is a good place to watch the fireworks tonight? Maybe a spot closer to Adventure Land or better yet Liberty Square or even in Frontier Land?

I'd either go with over on the wooden dock by BTM/Splash or over by 7dmt

Liberty square is quite patriotic with the liberty bell in view
But I really liked my Fantasyland spot last night (same fireworks) on the bridge between BOG and Gaston’s, it wasn’t super packed, I could see the castle (and island fireworks behind it) as the main fireworks were above/behind me, and we were surrounded by all the perimeter fireworks.

Last night was a madhouse at MK! I’ve never seen so many people in my entire life!

So would that hint at a possible teensy bit lower crowd tonight?

I am not there dd is. They were going last night and when they got off the monorail coming from Epcot she said it was like a huge wave of people going in. She said the same thing: never seen so many people in her life. She wondered if the park hit capacity. They decided to change their plans.

So would that hint at a possible teensy bit lower crowd tonight?

I am not there dd is. They were going last night and when they got off the monorail coming from Epcot she said it was like a huge wave of people going in. She said the same thing: never seen so many people in her life. She wondered if the park hit capacity. They decided to change their plans.

I doubt it. We just left the MK and it’s insane. This is my first 4th of July, but I’ve been on Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve and today reminded me of both those days. We left at 4 pm and people were already in the hub staking out fireworks spots. We could barely move in Adventureland and around BTMRR.

We watched the fireworks last night near Dumbo. It was impressive. We missed some of the castle stuff and couldn’t hear the music very well, but the fireworks were all around us, 360 degrees. It was our first time there and we loved it. It was crowded, but we had room to move around. The hub and Main Street were just a sea of humanity. People were packed in so tightly and CMs were trying to squeeze in more people. I would suggest to your DD to avoid the hub and Main Street.

I doubt it. We just left the MK and it’s insane. This is my first 4th of July, but I’ve been on Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve and today reminded me of both those days. We left at 4 pm and people were already in the hub staking out fireworks spots. We could barely move in Adventureland and around BTMRR.

We watched the fireworks last night near Dumbo. It was impressive. We missed some of the castle stuff and couldn’t hear the music very well, but the fireworks were all around us, 360 degrees. It was our first time there and we loved it. It was crowded, but we had room to move around. The hub and Main Street were just a sea of humanity. People were packed in so tightly and CMs were trying to squeeze in more people. I would suggest to your DD to avoid the hub and Main Street.

Yeah I told them to avoid that area. I suggested they ask a CM close to the area they choose if it would be a good spot.

They have been lucky so far crowd wise. They were in MK and Epcot yesterday and said neither was all that bad. Earlier they were at AK and didn’t find it too bad except of course for Pandora.

I wonder how busy Epcot will be tonight?
May be somewhat less busy due to the rain.
Closing before the start of Illuminations is working splendidly :/
Epcot has its 2nd busiest crowd of the year, waiting an extra hour (just announced 9:50 start), paying OT to all CM’s but most concessions are closed.

We were at Epcot last night at the Frozen dessert party. They took us to our viewing spot at 9:40 for the 9:50 show and the place was packed. It didn’t seem like the rain storm thinned the crowds at all. We actually ended up liking the Epcot show better than the one at MK we saw July 3. Both were amazing. We feel blessed that we saw them. Both at dessert parties which were with every penny. The crowds were crazy!

We did MK on the 3rd. Stakes out a spot in the garden in front of Casey’s at 6:45 while the kids did rides. Wasn’t too bad at that point. Took a picture at 7 and again at 8 and you could really tell the difference. We were always comfortable we had a fence in front of us and space behind us a little. The CMs did an amazing job of keeping walking paths open. By 9 it was packed everywhere and they kept pushing guests to move forward and closer together to squeeze in more people it was crazy but our spot was still comfortable. The fireworks were amazing had a great time. Stood in place for 15 minutes after they ended and then went over to jungle cruise with no problems. Would do it again

Did Epcot on the 4th didn’t care as much about a spot walked up around 7:45 and were 4 people back maybe and then we stood and watched the storm and the lightning roll in. It was surreal. Interesting to see who just left who stayed in their spot no matter what and who ran for cover. We went for cover and crowded into a store with way too many other sardines. Went back outside at 8:45 and stood right behind some people that had stayed out the entire time. Things were fine until about 9:15 then we had people pushing shoving trying to get up to the rail, one person sent her kids thru and then tried to bring her whole party along to be with them. That didn’t go over well with the people that sat out the storm. The fireworks there were way better then I thought they would be simply amazing. Would totally do again.

Dd said they ended up watching from Frontier land and loved it. They walked around some before while it was raining and she got some great pictures. And had a great time after the fireworks.

She said the rain kind of scattered everyone so it was easier to get around.

They are at Universal today and walking on everything.

I have been surprised that they haven’t had crowd issues. I mean I am sure it’s packed but she has been mostly at Thanksgiving and Spring Break so it seems to be on level with that, I guess. Well except for July 3 fireworks. Is that what other’s experience is or is she just looking through rose colored glasses?

We did MK on the 3rd. Stakes out a spot in the garden in front of Casey’s at 6:45 while the kids did rides. Wasn’t too bad at that point. Took a picture at 7 and again at 8 and you could really tell the difference. We were always comfortable we had a fence in front of us and space behind us a little. The CMs did an amazing job of keeping walking paths open. By 9 it was packed everywhere and they kept pushing guests to move forward and closer together to squeeze in more people it was crazy but our spot was still comfortable. The fireworks were amazing had a great time. Stood in place for 15 minutes after they ended and then went over to jungle cruise with no problems. Would do it again

Did Epcot on the 4th didn’t care as much about a spot walked up around 7:45 and were 4 people back maybe and then we stood and watched the storm and the lightning roll in. It was surreal. Interesting to see who just left who stayed in their spot no matter what and who ran for cover. We went for cover and crowded into a store with way too many other sardines. Went back outside at 8:45 and stood right behind some people that had stayed out the entire time. Things were fine until about 9:15 then we had people pushing shoving trying to get up to the rail, one person sent her kids thru and then tried to bring her whole party along to be with them. That didn’t go over well with the people that sat out the storm. The fireworks there were way better then I thought they would be simply amazing. Would totally do again.

We were surprised that we preferred the Epcot show on the 4th over the MK show on the 3rd. They both were amazing but the Epcot show blew us away. It was unbelievable. We luckily did the Frozen Dessert party so we had reserved spots and were eating inside with an open bar for an extra hour almost waiting out the storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter