Magic Kingdom? I Think I Know My Way Around Magic Kingdom! WDW January 2023 TR **COMPLETE** 9/4 x4

You had such a great day in Epcot! Love the Coco touches in Mexico. Glad your DH talked you into hopping into MK. Who could resist since you were RIGHT THERE :-) Such cute pictures of your DD with Mickey. A tiring but fabulous day!

Really enjoying your report! Am I reading right that you were able to join the 1 pm VQ for Guardians from outside the park? If so that's pretty nice!

You had such a great day in Epcot! Love the Coco touches in Mexico. Glad your DH talked you into hopping into MK. Who could resist since you were RIGHT THERE :-) Such cute pictures of your DD with Mickey. A tiring but fabulous day!
We really enjoyed the Coco touches as well. It’s such a great movie, I love seeing it represented in the parks!

In the end it was definitely the right move to pop in to MK. How could we not?! It was a perfect end to a busy day.
Really enjoying your report! Am I reading right that you were able to join the 1 pm VQ for Guardians from outside the park? If so that's pretty nice!
Yes, we were! It was because we had already been in Epcot for the day, I’m assuming.

Day 5: Wednesday January 25th
  • Park Reservation: DHS, early entry 8:00 am
  • Park Hopping: Magic Kingdom for Extended Evening Hours
  • Dining/Other Reservations: Build a Droid 10:45 am (for DS), 50’s Prime Time 10:45 am (Nonni, Poppi, Nanny & DN only), Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue 6:15 pm
  • Genie+: Yes
After a somewhat normal bedtime the night before, we were up early and ready to rope drop Wednesday morning. DD woke up pretty grumpy, so although she had packed a Baby Yoda dress she loves, she did NOT want to wear it when we got up this morning, so thankfully we had washed her Baby Yoda t-shirt she had already worn so she could wear it again! (And don’t come for me, we still call him Baby Yoda because it’s cuter than Grogu!) We were out of the room at 6:45 am to head to DHS, and we got on the bus at 7 am.

Heading into this trip, we had watched a lot of Touring Plans park strategy videos on YouTube, and I was stressing the most about this day because there were so many things we wanted to accomplish, and all of those things would have really long lines all day long. Part of our strategy after watching the videos was to purchase RotR on our first day, and then if we really liked it we would try to rope drop it on this day because according to the videos, they usually open RotR before even the early entry half hour starts. But by purchasing it that first day and getting to ride, plus getting the bonus G+ that day from our check-in fiasco, we had accomplished so much at DHS already that it took a LOT of the stress away from this day!

So while on the bus, we made our first LL selection for a 9 am Runaway Railway because it was one of the attractions we had done Sunday that we absolutely wanted to do again. While we would have loved to do Slinky Dog Dash again, we wanted to churn through LLs this day and not be stuck waiting 2 hours to book something else.

We made it to DHS, and went through security, and DD made me laugh when she came over to tell me, “Daddy got caught again,” because he always had to get his bag checked. Once the park opened, we headed right onto Sunset Blvd to rope drop Tower of Terror.

IMG_9320 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9322 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9325 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9811 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5305 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We waited in line on the street for a while, so the rest of the group had time to catch up to us. While waiting, DS filmed a Pokemon opening for his YouTube channel. DH put it together with some of our time at Epcot. Here is the video if you’d like to check out some of the atmosphere.

A little before 8 am, they started letting us into the queue, and we were able to set up our rider swap, so all of us besides Nanny and DN headed inside.

IMG_9327 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9328 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9330 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9331 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9333 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9335 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Unfortunately, ToT was not working right away. We stuck it out in the line, hoping it would come up, but it never did and we ended up spending the whole 30 minute early entry waiting in the boiler room part of the queue. That was disappointing! But while I was checking FB while waiting, someone shared that RotR and RnRC also weren’t working! So I guess we could have rope dropped Slinky Dog and maybe would have been able to ride it again, but what can you do? They ended up dumping the line, which meant we got a multiple experience LL that we could use for everything except Slinky Dog, Runaway Railway, and RotR. We had to pivot plans and instead hurried over to RnRC to get there before the line got too crazy. My parents didn’t want to ride, so they stayed with DN.

IMG_9337 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9815 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9338 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9816 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9818 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9819 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD was VERY excited to try this ride!!

IMG_9821 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DS was…not. He was actually crying at the loading platform, because he was so scared about going upside down. This is not the first time he has cried to get on a new ride and ended up loving it, so we did our best to reassure him that it is JUST a ride and there was no reason to be so upset. We encouraged him to just ride it at least once, and then he didn’t need to do it again if he didn’t like it.

DD and I ended up in the very front row with DH and DS behind us. DD’s face in the ride photo doesn’t show her excitement, but she really did love it!

DS said it wasn’t as bad as he thought, he didn’t like how it rattled his head around, he didn’t want to ride it again, BUT…he was glad we made him do it! I guess that’s a pretty good turnout for him, and we told him how proud we were of him for giving it a try. Next up, Velocicoaster! Lol

Day 5 Continued: Wednesday January 25th

After that, we headed away from Sunset Blvd. and met up with the rest of the family to use our Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway LL. Once we had tapped in, we were able to get a Toy Story Mania LL for 9:45 am. We had a bit of a snafu with the pre-show.

IMG_9826 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9341 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The CM’s tried to fix it, but couldn’t get it to work correctly. We had a little bit of behind the curtain stuff when they opened a door that you couldn’t really tell was a door and brought us into an adjacent pre-show room to do it all over again for us, then we were able to get on the ride!

IMG_9831 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5306 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5312 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5316 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5318 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5323 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5324 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5325 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5327 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5339 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5341 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5343 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

No telling what upset DN at this point.

IMG_5349 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5353 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5355 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5359 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5362 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We went over to use our TSM LL and once we were tapped in, I booked a RnRC LL for me, DD, and Nanny for 10:30 to use while DH and DS were doing his Droid build. My parents and sister had decided to cancel their early lunch at 50’s Prime Time since we had a big meal coming up for dinner that night.

IMG_5367 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5368 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9832 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5370 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5371 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5372 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9833 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9834 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9345 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After having fun on TSM, we split up. DD, Nanny & I went over to use our RnRC LL and stopped for a popcorn refill to enjoy along the way. DH and DS went over to Galaxy’s Edge to build his droid. I don’t really know where Nonni, Poppi & DN went during this time. I didn’t take any other pictures during this time, but we did get our ride photo. DD still looks a little hesitant, but less serious this time and she wanted us all to do her signature peace sign.

A good start to your day! How nice to be in shorts in January. Well, rope dropping ToT didn't work out so well. That would be super disappointing especially since you had a lot you wanted to do that day. Don't blame your DD for being a bit tired and grumpy. Disney is hard work - fun work but tiring! She looks happy in the pictures so guess she perked up. Good job on your DS's YouTube episode! I bet the droid build was really fun for him. Assume that will be in the next chapter! You seem to have mastered traveling as a group - I need to take lessons before attempting it again...

Oh man, DHS was off to a rough start! No ToT, no RnR or RotR, and then the mishap with Runaway Railway's pre-show, too! Ooooof! Glad you made the best of it though - needing to totally scrap your touring strategy & having to make a new plan from scratch is the worst!

Also DD & DS' faces in the RnR photo - classic!! :rotfl2:

It probably wasn’t THAT long in actuality, but since we were just standing there not moving, it felt like a long time.
That's always brutal. Nothing worse than a line that doesn't move.
As we exited the ride, we got to see the beautiful light show on Spaceship Earth happening. I had forgotten about this being a thing, so it was a nice surprise.
::yes:: I really like the lights on Spaceship Earth. I didn't at first because I used to love the way it just glowed and reflected light, but it really has grown on me.
As we were coming down the ramp into the MK forecourt, it was right at 8:15 pm and we could hear Enchantment starting. DH looked at me and said, “Come on, we’re RIGHT HERE!” So we tapped in and stopped at the end of Main Street to watch on a whim! It was not a good view at all, but it was still fun to see!
I can't argue with this logic at all. I'd do the same thing.

And as for the view... we've watched fireworks around those trees in Town Square many times.
We were all pretty tired, so we kept saying, “We are leaving right after this is over!” Buuuuuuttttttt…then we spotted the 5 minute wait right there for Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater! So as soon as the last firework went off, we ran over to get in line!
I mean you hate to turn down a rarely short line!
We started making the walk back to BLT, and DD was walking so DS decided to catch a ride in the stroller for a few minutes.
I don't blame him! I'd like to have a ride whenever I can!
Although we were tired, it wasn’t super late so that gave us time to do a load of laundry before bed, which is so nice to be able to do! We finally got to bed around 10, which after a long and full day felt like a really reasonable bedtime!
Yeah, despite such a busy, tiring day, its great that you were able to get back at such a reasonable time!
(And don’t come for me, we still call him Baby Yoda because it’s cuter than Grogu!)
I call him both. :confused3 :rotfl:
We were out of the room at 6:45 am to head to DHS, and we got on the bus at 7 am.
And even after a "not crazy late" night, that wake up had to feel like it came way too soon.
Heading into this trip, we had watched a lot of Touring Plans park strategy videos on YouTube, and I was stressing the most about this day because there were so many things we wanted to accomplish, and all of those things would have really long lines all day long.
DHS is just so tough...
Unfortunately, ToT was not working right away. We stuck it out in the line, hoping it would come up, but it never did and we ended up spending the whole 30 minute early entry waiting in the boiler room part of the queue.
That's brutal. I would be pretty much having an anxiety attack in that situation.
DS said it wasn’t as bad as he thought, he didn’t like how it rattled his head around, he didn’t want to ride it again, BUT…he was glad we made him do it! I guess that’s a pretty good turnout for him, and we told him how proud we were of him for giving it a try.
I'm glad he was willing to at least give it a shot!
DD still looks a little hesitant, but less serious this time and she wanted us all to do her signature peace sign.
I mean that launch is a bit intense. Especially for someone her size! But while her face looks concerned you can still see that spark in her eye!

A good start to your day! How nice to be in shorts in January. Well, rope dropping ToT didn't work out so well. That would be super disappointing especially since you had a lot you wanted to do that day. Don't blame your DD for being a bit tired and grumpy. Disney is hard work - fun work but tiring! She looks happy in the pictures so guess she perked up. Good job on your DS's YouTube episode! I bet the droid build was really fun for him. Assume that will be in the next chapter! You seem to have mastered traveling as a group - I need to take lessons before attempting it again..
The weather this trip was a bit all over but we really enjoyed it. Even when it was warm, it wasn't stifling & uncomfortable!

DD is like me and takes a bit of time to warm up in the morning. :rotfl: It was not worth the fight that morning and risk not getting out of the room on time!!

Yes, "group travel" works for us because with my parents, they totally understand that we are going to do our own thing in our own time because we don't like having to sit around waiting for anyone. They take a little longer to get ready in the morning, so they were fine meeting up with us once they were ready!! We have taken trips with them several times, and this works well for all of us!
Oh man, DHS was off to a rough start! No ToT, no RnR or RotR, and then the mishap with Runaway Railway's pre-show, too! Ooooof! Glad you made the best of it though - needing to totally scrap your touring strategy & having to make a new plan from scratch is the worst!

Also DD & DS' faces in the RnR photo - classic!! :rotfl2:
Yes, it was a bit frustrating that we felt like we couldn't really get the day started. But, it made us even more thankful for that super productive afternoon on our first park day because it took some of the pressure off for this day.

I still feel bad that DS was so emotional about it, but it did make for a pretty funny & classic ride photo!!
::yes:: I really like the lights on Spaceship Earth. I didn't at first because I used to love the way it just glowed and reflected light, but it really has grown on me.
Change is hard for Disney fans, isn't it?! I'd say MOST of the time, they get it right when it comes to entertainment. But I get it!!
I can't argue with this logic at all. I'd do the same thing.

And as for the view... we've watched fireworks around those trees in Town Square many times.
I had to hand it to DH, it was a good call. It ended up being one of our most memorable nights.

It's not a bad spot if your goal is to get out of the park after the fireworks are over, and it's maybe not your one and only chance to see it! We still felt the magic even without the FULL experience.

I don't blame him! I'd like to have a ride whenever I can!
SAME!
And even after a "not crazy late" night, that wake up had to feel like it came way too soon.
It sure did. No sleep in Disney.
DHS is just so tough...
It really is!! Too many headliners!!
I'm glad he was willing to at least give it a shot!
I was so proud of him for trying it, and made sure to tell him so to keep his confidence up.
I mean that launch is a bit intense. Especially for someone her size! But while her face looks concerned you can still see that spark in her eye!
Yes, she was definitely HOOKED on the adrenaline rush!! Now she can't wait till she is tall enough for the Incredible Hulk Coaster!

While we were having a rockin' time at RnRC, DH and DS were headed to Droid Depot.

IMG_5374 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5375 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5376 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5379 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5382 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DS decided to go with a BB unit, and first he chose his droid pieces.

IMG_9349 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then he got to build! DH edited together a video for his YouTube video, so if you’d like to see more of his experience building, you can check that video out here:

I had heard on a few podcasts and seen in FB posts that people get clear backpacks to carry their droids in, so we had ordered one on Prime for DS prior to the trip.

IMG_5384 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5386 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9357 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

3IMG_9358 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Since the Droid build was a lot faster than I had anticipated it would be, they actually finished before we were done with RnRC. So they went over to do Muppets 3-D while they waited for us to be finished.

IMG_5388 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5389 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5397 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5401 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5402 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5413 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5414 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5419 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5426 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5434 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5436 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

When we had tapped in for our LL, I had made our next one for the whole group at Aliens Swirling Saucers for 11:50 am. It was still too early to use this, but we had wanted to get lunch at Woody’s Lunchbox so we made our way to Toy Story Land and did a mobile order for some grilled cheese sandwiches. This was kind of a frustrating experience, just because the seating area is so small and it’s hard to get a spot to sit. Eventually we managed to snag a table, we just had to share seats and crowd in for us to all be able to sit there.

IMG_9837 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After lunch, the other adults didn’t feel like doing a rider swap for Aliens Swirling Saucers, so just the 4 of us went over to ride at noon, and we were on our own for pretty much the rest of our time in DHS. We were able to book a Star Tours LL to use right away for once we were done on this ride.

While we were waiting for our turn to board, there was another little girl standing beside us with her family wearing a shirt that DD proclaimed was the “upgrade” of her Come To The Cute Side Grogu shirt, because it said, “Come To The Cute Side, We Have Snacks.” So we complimented her shirt and chatted about that until it was our time to get on the ride.

IMG_5438 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5440 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5442 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5444 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5446 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9365 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9846 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9848 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5452 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After Aliens Swirling Saucers, we went to see if we could do Muppets 3-D all together since it’s one of my favorites and I was bummed we missed out on it. On the way there, we stopped in Galaxy’s Edge so DS could drive his droid around.

IMG_9849 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9851 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9852 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Turns out, we had just missed a show, so we were going to have to wait 10 minutes to even be let into the pre-show, and then we’d see the whole thing before going into the actual theater. As much as I love the Muppets, that was just too long of a wait for us, so we bailed. There was a Photopass photographer out there taking photos in front of the fountain, so we did that after.

So then, we went over to use our Star Tours LL. We were able to book a 1:10 LL to meet Olaf.

IMG_5456 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5458 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5460 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9366 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9367 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD just loves a chance to pose, so we did a mini-photoshoot with her lovely 3D glasses.

IMG_9853 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9854 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9855 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9856 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We still had a little bit of time before we could go use our Olaf LL, so we decided to go to the theater next door to his meet & greet to see Mickey & Minnie in Vacation Fun. It was a nice way to have a seat for a bit, and the kids enjoyed the short cartoon. It took scenes from the other Mickey Mouse Disney Channel shorts of them traveling, so the kids had seen most of the scenes but it was still entertaining to watch.

IMG_9372 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9858 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

There were some cute photo ops after exiting the theater, including the kids’ favorite Potatoland!

IMG_9861 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_E9863 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9865 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then we were able to go meet Olaf, and we walked right in after just a few minutes of waiting! This was a new meet & greet for all of us. Olaf is just so cute!

We were about ready to head back to the room for an afternoon break by now, because we wanted to take advantage of the extended evening hours at MK that night, which were going until 1 am! Since it’s kinda sorta on the way out, we decided the last thing we’d do on the way out of DHS was use our multi experience LL for ToT. On the walk over, we spotted a Photopass photographer in front of the Chinese Theater with only one other family waiting so we stopped for some photos.

Meanwhile, the rest of our group was actually headed over to Tower of Terror with the same idea in mind! So as we were walking up, we saw them near the front of ToT also. As we walked up, the wait time said 80 minutes. And just as quickly, the wait time completely went away, and there were CM’s coming out to say the ride had gone down again. Nooooo!!! We were ready to leave, and didn’t feel like heading back into the park to try to use it somewhere else. I even stopped at one of the blue umbrellas to see if we’d be able to change it to an anytime use LL for MK since we were heading there for the evening, but the CM said we’d have to check at one of the guest services locations at MK to find out. So we quickly talked out scenarios, and decided we’d rather use it at DHS than get to MK and find out we couldn’t use it at all. DH and I threw out the idea of riding RnRC again, and DD was on board, but DS decided to pass. So me, DH, and DD went to ride RnRC and DS decided to head out of the park with his grandparents.

The 3 of us got in line, and as we got close to the loading area, I spotted a young girl about DS’s age crying her eyes out about going on this ride, and begging her dad not to ride, but he was trying to comfort her just like we had been doing with DS that morning. We ended up in the loading stall right behind her, so I told her exactly what had happened with DS that morning, that he had been scared to ride but by the end he said he was glad we’d made him go. She didn’t look convinced, but she got on and they sped away. Then it was our turn!

DD and I stopped in the restroom after the ride, and the girl was in there with an older girl, I’m guessing her sister. I asked her if the ride was as bad as she thought, and she turned around with a huge grin and said it was the best ride ever!!

Then the 3 of us headed out of the park.

IMG_5480 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9377 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9380 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9381 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We walked to the bus stop, and had perfect timing because one heading to the Contemporary was sitting at the bus stop and we got right on. We booked a Space Mountain LL for late afternoon, but had to keep going in the app to modify the time later and later so we could use it after our dinner at Hoop Dee Doo!

What a fun experience for your DS to build his own droid! I watched his video. It wonder if it would be a good idea to let builders try out the different types before they decide on the style they want? Just a thought. The clear backpack is a great way to carry it and show it off at the same time. Your DD is so brave to ride RnRC - it's pretty intense! Great family photos in front of the Chinese theater! You got a lot accomplished in your time at HS - a rest was definitely in order to make it through your late night at MK.

What a fun experience for your DS to build his own droid! I watched his video. It wonder if it would be a good idea to let builders try out the different types before they decide on the style they want? Just a thought. The clear backpack is a great way to carry it and show it off at the same time. Your DD is so brave to ride RnRC - it's pretty intense! Great family photos in front of the Chinese theater! You got a lot accomplished in your time at HS - a rest was definitely in order to make it through your late night at MK.
The clear backpack was an idea I got from other trip reports and it was not only cheap, but it made it more fun for DS since his droid could interact with different elements when walking through Galaxy's Edge.

She is a big thrill junkie! It has inspired us to try Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Studios Hollywood the next time we go to Disneyland!

After a full and fun morning at DHS, everyone was able to nap this day, and we got up at 4:30 pm to freshen up and get jackets and rain gear packed because there was rain in the forecast for that night. Enough time had passed that we could book another LL, so we made one for Tiana and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall for the evening as well. We all left the room around 5 pm, and walked over to Magic Kingdom to take the ferry to Fort Wilderness. We were on the ferry at 5:36 pm and arrived at Fort Wilderness 20 minutes later.

IMG_9875 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9876 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9880 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9886 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We checked in at Pioneer Hall for the 6:15 show, and used the opportunity for DN to do some walking around after being in the stroller or held for most of the day.

IMG_9382 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9888 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9890 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Finally it was time to head inside! We were seated on the floor near the center, and had Geno as our server. He kept us entertained! First up we had some cornbread.

IMG_5483 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then came out the salad and coleslaw.

IMG_9894 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5486 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5497 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5498 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5502 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

That was about the happiest DN was for the whole experience, because he didn’t like it much when it got loud, which it does a lot at this dinner show!

IMG_5506 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5510 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then came the main course! Fried chicken and ribs, cornbread macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes, and beans, which Geno served directly to DS!

IMG_5512 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5516 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5517 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5514 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5520 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5521 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5527 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9387 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9902 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5528 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5529 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The highlight of the meal is definitely the dessert…STRAW! BERRY! SHORT! CAKE!

IMG_5533 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5534 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5536 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5537 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5542 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5545 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5551 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5557 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5558 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then came the kids’ favorite part of the entertainment…playing the washboards!

IMG_5562 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5563 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9915 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The performers gather up all of the kids for a washboard parade through the restaurant.

IMG_9916 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5566 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5570 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then it was time to say goodnight!

IMG_5571 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We caught the ferry to Magic Kingdom at 8:14, which meant that just one minute later, Enchantment was starting!! The ferry boat captain even took a different route so that the fireworks wouldn’t be blocked on the way over to the park. It was an awesome ferry ride!

IMG_9400 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5575 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5577 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5578 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5580 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5582 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5585 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5586 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5587 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5588 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5590 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5591 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5592 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5594 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5596 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5603 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5612 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5614 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5615 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5607 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9945 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

And a couple minutes of video of our ferry ride:

It was like getting a bonus fireworks cruise with our Hoop Dee Doo dinner! Really amazing, and everyone on the ferry was oohing and aahing all the way to MK.

The Hoop-Dee-Doo is always a good time! We haven't done it in a long time. Even more fun to do it with a group. And a boat view of the fireworks - bonus! We took the family to DW in 2022. All my 3 yo grandson talks about is seeing fireworks from the ferry. The cheapest entertainment at DW :-) Hope you had a good evening in MK!

The Hoop-Dee-Doo is always a good time! We haven't done it in a long time. Even more fun to do it with a group. And a boat view of the fireworks - bonus! We took the family to DW in 2022. All my 3 yo grandson talks about is seeing fireworks from the ferry. The cheapest entertainment at DW :-) Hope you had a good evening in MK!
Yes indeed! We always have a blast at Hoop Dee Doo.

Seeing the fireworks from the ferry is such a treat! Our kids are still talking about it too.

Since we were enjoying the firework bursts of Enchantment as we crossed the lake, that meant we were trying to go IN to MK as tons of people were trying to get OUT. But we were able to take the backstage path behind Tony’s to at least miss a big portion of the crowds trying to make it down Main Street.

IMG_5619 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Since Princess Fairytale Hall closed at 9, we needed to use that LL first before it closed.

IMG_5625 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Rapunzel really loved seeing all of the pictures in DD’s autograph book!

IMG_5626 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5627 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5632 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5633 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5637 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Tiana was a perfect Southern Belle! DD was a bit intimidated by the fullness of her skirt. Lol

IMG_5643 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5654 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5657 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Our next LL was for Space Mountain, another first for DD!

The verdict? Another new favorite for DD! She loved it!

IMG_9960 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

By now, the rest of the family had made it into MK. DN was fast asleep!

Our next LL was for Jungle Cruise, and we all wanted to ride together. We started making our way to the hub so we could cross over to Adventureland.

IMG_9402 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5671 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was close to the time our LL was going to expire, so we asked the CM at the entrance if there was any leeway with scanning in late. He said it should be fine for up to 15 min past the time. So we waited for what felt like forever, until finally my mom texted and said we should go without them because they took a wrong turn. I guess they DON’T know their way around Magic Kingdom! :rotfl:

IMG_5672 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_5673 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter