• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom plans - give me your thoughts

floydfamily4

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited :banana::banana:to finally be heading back to WDW after 8 years! Our party will include 13 year old twins, DH and Daunt and myself. We are heading to MK on Saturday, May 19th and touring plans has it listed as a '6' that day. Here is my plan - tell me what you think :confused3:confused::mic:
Magic Kingdom Plan

· Arrive at 8:30 (leave resort at 7:30a)

· Take pictures

· Peter Pan’s Flight

· Mickey’s Philharmagic

· It’s a Small World

· Haunted Mansion

· Big Thunder Mountain *FP @ 10:30a-11:30a

· Snack break

· Pirates of the Caribbean

· Magic Carpets

· 7 dwarf’s mine train *FP @ 12:20-1:20pm

· Tea Party

· Space Mountain *FP @ 1:25-2:25p

· Lunch break

· Buzz Lightyear

· Astro Orbiter

· People Mover

· Splash Mountain

o Characters & Pictures

o Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

o Tom Sawyer Island

that's way too early for Philharmagic - save that for a busier part of the day. Definitely do Haunted Mansion before it at least. I would probably fit Splash before your BTMRR FP as well.

I would definitely save Mickey's Phil until the afternoon... and It's a Small World is a pretty easy 4th FP. I would do something like PP, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Carpets, anything else and then hit BTMRR FP at the end of the window. Try for 4th, 5th, etc FP's for IASW and Buzz.... you might get lucky and find one for Splash. Otherwise revamp the entire plan and do PP and rope drop followed by Splash... then Pirates, Carpets, etc. It will be more walking, but you'll have shorter waits.

Interestingly enough it was Philharmagic that stuck out to me as well, I wouldn't spend the coveted morning time sitting in the theater. When we did RD we did PP, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Splash and BTM with little wait. I wonder if you do something like that you might be perfectly timed for your BTM FP? Splash late in the day without a FP might be a challenge plus you are on the opposite side of the park at that time.

Be aware that Tom Sawyer Island closes at 5pm usually so if that’s important you may want to get to that earlier.

Astro Orbiter in the afternoon will also have a very long wait. It loads slowly, so expect at least 30-40 min. Buzz could also be a long wait in the afternoon.

that's way too early for Philharmagic - save that for a busier part of the day. Definitely do Haunted Mansion before it at least. I would probably fit Splash before your BTMRR FP as well.
I had the same comment, definitely hold off on that until later in the day as it never has a wait. You should aim to do Pirates, Splash, or the Jungle Cruise instead as those lines get longer throughout the day. I would also switch Buzz and Small World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter