Magic Kingdom return policy?

kevin75

Mouseketeer
I am curious as to if you can return something that was purchased at the Emporium (or for that matter other stores at WDW)? I have something that I purchased that I changed my mind about but have lost the receipt. I am wondering if I take the (still new) item, would they accept the return? I realize that I couldn't get a refund, but I would be happy with credit. C'mon, it's not like I won't spend it. :)

We bought one of the big Cinderella Castles for my daughter there a few years ago and I broke a piece putting it together. I took it back the next day certain they'd refuse to exchange it but they apologized and did it no problem. They seem pretty flexible.

Yes, we just had to return two toys my son managed to break this past week. They credited our card back no problem at all.

A lot of park only stuff sells well on ebay and youll probably make a few dollars if you cant return it.

However i want to say you can return to any disney store but check that before you waste your time.

Depends how long it has been. I made a purchase at one of the Disney owned stores at DS and brought it back new with receipt 6 months later and was refused.

A lot of park only stuff sells well on ebay and youll probably make a few dollars if you cant return it.

However i want to say you can return to any disney store but check that before you waste your time.
Disney Store used to take returns on Park-purchased stuff. But they stopped that years ago.

Now that some Disney Outlet stores are carrying Parks merchandise maybe that's changed, but I don't want to take those chances so I make sure I'm good with my parks stuff before I leave.

If you're still at WDW, you can return a purchase to any of the gift shops (in the parks or hotels).

Varies between the stores, technically they're not allowed to return anything without a receipt and most likely have to have a leader override. An exchange will probably have better luck, but the only way to know is to ask.

We bought one of the big Cinderella Castles for my daughter there a few years ago and I broke a piece putting it together. I took it back the next day certain they'd refuse to exchange it but they apologized and did it no problem. They seem pretty flexible.

Yes, we just had to return two toys my son managed to break this past week. They credited our card back no problem at all.

Do folks really open, use and break items, then return them for a refund? I have never heard of such a thing and would not consider doing that.

If the item is still in their system you should be able to return it, but if it has dropped in price or gone on sale, expect the merchandise credit to be for the lowest price.

Do folks really open, use and break items, then return them for a refund? I have never heard of such a thing and would not consider doing that.
Disney's exchange policy is very generous and based on Guest Recovery. Balloons that deflate and ponchos that rip or tear can easily be exchanged during a guest's visit.

Disney park/resort specific items can be exchanged if they break. My reading glasses that were purchased at Grand Californian in July came unhinged during my recent trip to WDW. Before purchasing a small screwdriver to fix them, I took them to the YC shop and explained what happened. They readily gave me a new pair.

A Disney Parks umbrella that I had only used less than 5 times when in FL broke last week and it was also readily exchanged at CR. I believe the CMs know a lot of items aren't of the best quality and it's easy to provide the guest with an exchange of the item.

Disney's exchange policy is very generous and based on Guest Recovery. Balloons that deflate and ponchos that rip or tear can easily be exchanged during a guest's visit.

Disney park/resort specific items can be exchanged if they break. My reading glasses that were purchased at Grand Californian in July came unhinged during my recent trip to WDW. Before purchasing a small screwdriver to fix them, I took them to the YC shop and explained what happened. They readily gave me a new pair.

A Disney Parks umbrella that I had only used less than 5 times when in FL broke last week and it was also readily exchanged at CR. I believe the CMs know a lot of items aren't of the best quality and it's easy to provide the guest with an exchange of the item.

WOW I never would have thought ......

Yes, when I purchase an over priced item and it breaks before we even leave the park you bet I'm going to exchange it or get a refund. One item was a magnet with the dangling legs that cost ten bucks that my son wanted for our fridge when we got home, one of the shoes came apart from the leg immediately after leaving the store, no way I'm accepting that!
If the item is still in their system you should be able to return it, but if it has dropped in price or gone on sale, expect the merchandise credit to be for the lowest price.

A friend got me a shirt on their April trip 2 years ago, gave it to me upon their return home.
On my trip to WDW the following July, I brought it with to return at the Emporium.
No problem! got store credit since I had no receipt, but it was still new with tags.

It amazes me that people don't try to exchange things more often....last week I watched people borrow the stapler at the register to staple their disney ponchos together, I don't know if they asked for an exchange and were turned down, or if they never thought about it, but the second a CM saw that happen I'm surprised they didn't offer to exchange it.

I personally ended up doing 2 returns myself last week. 1. I had bought the Disney Parks umbrella reluctantly (this was umbrella 4 that I had bought for this trip, was with a friend and my partner and it poured so I bought them for us, then I left mine later in the week in the room as I had arrived with my own much bigger and better one, yet it finally broke after years of service, so I was hunting for a Golf style umbrella, cause lets face it, Disney Umbrellas are meant for kids, they don't keep an adult completely dry. Anyways I couldn't find a golf umbrella at epcot and it started raining so I hit up the IG Gift Shop, then later that day I found exactly what I was looking for, an actual ADULT SIZED golf umbrella in the CHINA PAVILION. So I went back to the IG Gift Shop and explained that I was in earlier couldn't find a bigger umbrella, bought the Disney one, told the cashier I didn't need the receipt and used the umbrella, but later found and showed my golf umbrella. They said a merchandise credit could be issued (the cashier remembered me earlier)

2. I ended up returning an Epcot F&W shirt as apparently an XL is not big enough, I had bought it with the Merchandise Credit and part gift card. That was what caused headaches at the time of return, for some reason they couldn't figure out how to return part of transaction to another Merchandise Credit, but eventually they just returned it all to my gift card, but not without some hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter