Magic Kingdom Tours?

ahepburn

Earning My Ears
We are visiting for the first time during the first week of December...for those that have done the Keys to the Kingdom tour or any of the other tours...would you recommend partaking in one of these tours? What do they include? What are your thoughts?

And please, do not limit responses to just Keys to the Kingdom tour, we are open to other tours as well, just are looking for something fun and different to do while we are there!

Is this your first visit ever to a disney park? What ages in your party?

If you are a Disneyland veteran, you might really enjoy a tour. If you are a newbie, I don't think I would start out with a behind the scenes tour. I loved the Keys to the Kingdom tour, but I did it years after my first trip.

On the other hand, if you can afford a VIP tour guide, that would be awesome for a first trip.

I assume you've read up on your options: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/

I've done KTTK tour and thought it was fantastic. It's lots of standing and walking, includes lunch and is a lot of fun and informative. There are age restrictions and no cameras allowed. I would recommend KTTK to anyone who wants a deeper inside look at MK. Some worry that it will spoil the magic but it only enhanced it for me as I left with a new appreciation of so many things from the tour.
I've also done the Behind the Seeds tour in Epcot and thought that was fun too. It's very interesting and is one of the more economical tours.
I've also heard very good things about the segway tour in Ft. Wilderness (if they still do it).

I would like to chime in and really recommend the Keys To The Kingdom Tour, it's amazing. And as mentioned earlier, it sure didn't spoil the magic for me but rather enhanced it. To see and hear how some of the things are done and the work that goes into the simplest things that we barley notice as day guests, but would make a significant difference if it wasn't there. And last but not least, all the hidden gems and "Easter eggs" placed around the Kingdom even from the opening in 1971. It's truly amazing! :smickey:

Keys to the Kingdom is awesome! It's exhausting, though. Afterwards, I had to go back to the resort for a nap! A lot depends on the tour guide; I've done it twice, and it was a little different each time. The first guide I had was very experienced and did a fantastic job. The second time the guide was doing her first tour solo, and it was fine but not as polished. One of the "guests" on that tour was evaluating her, so I'm sure that was stressful.

We are visiting for the first time during the first week of December...for those that have done the Keys to the Kingdom tour or any of the other tours...would you recommend partaking in one of these tours? What do they include? What are your thoughts?

And please, do not limit responses to just Keys to the Kingdom tour, we are open to other tours as well, just are looking for something fun and different to do while we are there!
We have done a lot of the tours, our favourite is the Marceline Tour. It's not to much and it takes you behind the scenes. It's not as long as the Keys tour but if you get the right guide we found it just as informative minus the underground corridors.

Does anybody know how far in advance you would have to book up the Keys To The Kingdom Tour? Is it something that needs to be booked a long time in advance? :)

I've done KTTK and absolutely loved it. I echo all of the comments from everyone else about what's so great about the tour.

I've also done Backstage Magic tour , the tour that takes you to all four parks. I much preferred KTTK. I thought Backstage Magic was sort of boring! They were some bright spots, like the part where you get to go to the costume making shop, but much of it was boring to me. And at around $200, way overpriced. Plus it takes an entire day, so I felt like I lost an entire day without much to show for it.

But go money KTTK - you'll love it!!!!

I've never done KTTK so I can't speak for that one, but I really enjoyed the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom Tour.

The most obvious difference immediately is going to be length and cost. KTTK is five hours, and twice as expensive. Marceline is three hours. KTTK includes lunch, Marceline does not.

I'm not sure the age of the guests traveling with you, but you have to be sixteen to go on KTTK, Marceline accepts guests as young as twelve, as long as there is an adult eighteen or over with them.

Marceline includes a lot of walking, a lot of talking, and a limited amount of rides, with the tour guide giving you extra information about them. While I found it very interesting, I probably wouldn't recommend it for children, or anyone who doesn't have a definite interest in the history of the parks, the company itself, and Walt as a person.

My take on it? If you're already wondering if you would find it too long or boring, and if you're afraid you would spend the time wishing you could be riding the rides, eating, or shopping, then you're probably right to be concerned, and it may not be worth the cost to you. If on the other hand, seeing a little more of the inner workings and backstory of the park appeals to you, you may very well enjoy it.

It's probably not something I would recommend to first time visitors, but if you're looking for something 'extra' for you trip, each tour I have done has always been interesting, engaging, and informative.

We did KTTK while our kids and grandkids did a water park. It was a lot of walking but also a lot of knowledge taken in. I would highly recommend it if not on your first visit where you will be busy taking in all of the attractions, then on a subsequent visit. If money were not a problem, we would LOVE to do a VIP tour.

I personally wouldn't do a tour on my first visit. There's not enough time to do everything you want to do anyway, and a tour can eat up a significant amount of time and energy (as well as money)! Save it for a later visit is my advice.

We did KTTK on DSs 3rd trip. He was early 20's. I think you would enjoy it more if you did it on a subsequent visit. We had a wonderful guide and we did 3 rides on our tour. But it is a LOT of information for a newbie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter