Magic Mediterranean Cruise 10th September 2016 (Complete)

We returned to the room but no more bags had turned up so we went for another walk around the ship. We headed up to After Hours and had a look at O'Gills and Fathoms IMG_4087.jpgIMG_4088.jpg

We then went to the Cove Cafe for a couple of coffees before heading back to the room where the remainder of our luggage was now outside. After unpacking the rest we headed back up to the deck to have a look at the Adventures Away deck party

IMG_4089.jpg
We watched for a bit but then headed back to get ready for dinner. Our rotation was LACLACL and we were given table 7. So it was Lumiere's tonight
IMG_4091.jpgIMG_4092.jpg

We met our Server Giuseppe and Assistant Server Marco who were both friendly and helpful. Our Head Server was Hasan, but we didn't see him every night which is different to the Head Server we had on previous cruises who always came and said hello. Once we sat down they removed the other two place settings as we had the table to ourselves. This was the first time this request had been granted so that was good. After this night they only set the table for two each night. I haven't taken pictures or noted down what we ate each night, sorry, but we pretty much enjoyed everything we ate throughout the cruise.

After dinner we had a walk around the ship before the show and went to rebook our Caribbean cruise for next year. The future cruise booking desk on the Fantasy always had a queue so we lingered for a few minutes before it opened and got that sorted straight away. We then went and looked in the shops and got some Med cruise merchandise that had been discounted as it was the final cruise! We saw the showing the theatre and ended the night in Fathoms to see the ventriloquist both of which were good.
IMG_4094.jpg

great read so far and loving the photos, especially the terminal ones at the start. Im planning on doing this cruise in 2018, the last Med cruise of the season. I have never been on a cruise before so Im soaking up as much info as possible :)

great read so far and loving the photos, especially the terminal ones at the start. Im planning on doing this cruise in 2018, the last Med cruise of the season. I have never been on a cruise before so Im soaking up as much info as possible :)

I am enjoying your trip report, great pictures. This will be our first Disney Cruise, so I am looking forward to the next installment of your adventures!

Thank you both for reading and your comments, you have both picked a good first cruise! The Magic is a lovely ship and the itinerary was a great one. If there is anything I don't cover please feel free to ask and I'll answer it if I can :goodvibes

Really enjoying your TR...we're on the Dover to BCN next summer so enjoying your pictures of the Magic (the only ship we've not sailed yet).

Thanks especially for the Rainforest Room-I lived in it on my Alaska cruises on the Wonder. I wasn't sure if I'd use it on this upcoming port heavy cruise but you've about sold me :)

Really enjoying your TR...we're on the Dover to BCN next summer so enjoying your pictures of the Magic (the only ship we've not sailed yet).

Thanks especially for the Rainforest Room-I lived in it on my Alaska cruises on the Wonder. I wasn't sure if I'd use it on this upcoming port heavy cruise but you've about sold me :)
Thank you! I really like the look of that itinerary, hope you have a great cruise :)

We did enjoy the Rainforest Room and it was nice to have a place to get away from the crowds on sea days and just kick back and relax for a bit after an excursion filled day too. It's funny you mention you used it so heavily in Alaska as I hope to do that cruise in the next few years and I wondered if that would be too port heavy to use the Rainforest Room!

I'm a Floridian so I used it every night in Alaska to warm up...it was lovely! I hope you are able to go on an AK cruise-I really enjoyed mine :)

Enjoying this. Thanks for sharing. We were on the Magic for the British Isles cruise. I really want to do this itinerary soon. We too did two cruises on the Fantasy before embarking on the Magic. We LOVED the Magic. Can't wait for more!

Enjoying this. Thanks for sharing. We were on the Magic for the British Isles cruise. I really want to do this itinerary soon. We too did two cruises on the Fantasy before embarking on the Magic. We LOVED the Magic. Can't wait for more!
Thank you! It is a good itinerary, so many interesting places. I would love to do the British Isles cruise but the price is just too high, particularly living here!

Sunday 11th September 2016 - Day At Sea

Started the day with an early breakfast, Cabanas opened at 7.30 a.m. and we are normally early risers anyway so we were there shortly after it opened. We then decided to go the Rainforest Room before it got busy (or at least we thought it would as it was a sea day). The room was nice and quiet and we were able to enjoy everything in the room particularly the stone benches. The showers aren't as good as the one on the Fantasy in my opinion, it was hard to get them at an acceptable temperature!

Afterwards we decided to spend some time on deck, DH likes to sunbathe (I burn so prefer the shade) and even though it was relatively early there was no space in the adult pool area that caught the sun. I think this was my biggest disappointment with the Magic, the adult pool area is too small. On the Fantasy we like Satellite Falls (not the waterfall itself particularly, but the extra space at the front and the mixture of shade and sun), the Magic just has that small pool area and it was way too crowded. I do wonder if part of it was because there was a smaller number of families on board (schools were back almost everywhere)? I can remember walking past the family pools and there were empty loungers around, something that I haven't seen on the Fantasy before. In the end we went up to deck 10 and grabbed some loungers up there above the adult area. I don't think this was adult only, but other than people walking through it was relatively quiet. Unfortunately, there weren't any loungers up there either that were shaded and facing the water (one of my favourite things on a cruise is to sit on a lounger overlooking the water reading and listening to music) but it was nice to chill.

Just before midday we went for an early lunch in Cabanas, we tend to go early so we can get a seat outside at the back which we love. Shortly after lunch, the Captain announced that we were passing between Sicily and Sardinia which was interesting to see
IMG_4101.jpg
Unfortunately my iPhone pictures don't do it justice!

At 2 p.m. we went to watch Finding Dory in the Buena Vista Theatre, I do love that there is a cinema on the ship. We hadn't seen the film before and enjoyed it although the cinema was quite noisy. Once the film was finished we went to the Cove Cafe for a drink before going go get ready for dinner.

Tonight was formal night and we were in Animator's Palate. We don't go formal although we do go smarter than normal, so actually this was probably a good restaurant for us on this night.
IMG_4119.jpg
IMG_4112.jpg
IMG_4113.jpg

I think it is my favourite of the three restaurants and it was nice that it wasn't identical to the one on the Fantasy

IMG_4114.jpg
IMG_4115.jpg
IMG_4116.jpg

We went for a walk around the ship after dinner
IMG_4120.jpg

Then heading to the Walt Disney Theatre. The show tonight was Twice Charmed which we enjoyed, I thought the story and the performance were good. After dinner we returned to our stateroom and ordered a Mickey Bar, we weren't particularly hungry but this has become one of our cruise traditions! We then headed down to Fathoms to see the Hector is Magic! adult show, after we had enjoyed his performance the previous night in the Walt Disney Theatre. He was as good as he was the night before. After his show we skipped Match Your Mate (we had seen it before on the Fantasy) and headed to bed as we had an action packed day ahead of us.

Monday 12th September - Naples

An early start for us today, we were booked on the Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri excursion and had a meet time of 7.15 a.m. in the D Lounge. Cabanas opened at 6.15 a.m. and were there pretty much for opening. We got some shots of Naples and the surrounds from the ship
IMG_4121.jpg
IMG_4122.jpg IMG_4124.jpg IMG_4125.jpg

We met the rest of our group in the D Lounge and we walked off the ship to the port where I got a couple of shots of the Magic
IMG_4126.jpg IMG_4127.jpg

We met our tour guide and were handed earpieces before we walked across the port to the hydrofoil terminal for our crossing to Capri
IMG_4128.jpg IMG_4130.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4123.jpg
    IMG_4123.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Monday 12th September (continued)

Boarding had already begun by the time we got there and the hydrofoil looked pretty crowded. There were two empty seats on the first row as we boarded so we just took those
IMG_4131.jpg
Not the best view but the windows were quite small anyway, not sure how crowded it was in other areas. Once we started moving people were going out the door behind us where we boarded, so we went and had a look. There were people smoking out there but there were also open areas which were fun to stand in and look at from as we jetted across the sea
IMG_4132.jpg IMG_4134.jpg IMG_4137.jpg IMG_4140.jpg
The crossing was a little bumpy but nothing that caused an issue and after about 45 minutes we were arriving at Capri. My first shots in the port aren't too good unfortunately because of the bright sun
IMG_4143.jpg IMG_4144.jpg

It was very busy in the harbour with lots of vessels loading and unloading.

Last edited:
Im enjoying your report. We have booked the Med cruise for next August so taking notes
Thanks! Sorry it is taking me so long to complete, writing a trip report is more involved than I thought!

You have a great cruise to look forward to, hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask.

Monday 12th September - Capri (continued)

Happy New Year!

We were given our tickets for the funicular and were told to make our own way up there and wait at the top. People were still getting off the ferry and he said we wouldn't all fit on one trip anyway, so we crossed over the road and made our way up
IMG_4145.jpg
IMG_4146.jpg
The station at the top of the funicular was in a square which had a lot of activity and some nice views over the harbour
IMG_4155.jpg IMG_4154.jpg IMG_4157.jpg IMG_4147.jpg
IMG_4159.jpg

Once the rest of our group arrived we set off through the streets of Capri. As it was still quit early it was relatively quiet, a lot of shops just opening up. We were told about how the high end shops and hotels cater to the rich and famous who holiday in Capri and it was easy to see why they do!
IMG_4161.jpg
IMG_4162.jpg
IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg
We headed out of the shopping area and down towards some gardens, stopping off on the way at a store that sold local perfumed goods such as soaps
IMG_4173.jpg
The products looked really nice but were quite expensive and not really what we were looking for. We ended at the gardens which were really nice and had some fantastic views
IMG_4179.jpg
We were left to make our own way back to the funicular for a set time, he had pointed out a shortcut on the way down to get us back a bit quicker. We walked back taking in more of the stores and then when we got back to the funicular station, crossing the square and seeing what was on the other side
IMG_4193.jpg IMG_4192.jpg IMG_4199.jpg IMG_4200.jpg
When everybody had arrived back we were given the choice of either riding the funicular back down or walking down the hill. A view rode the funicular but most took the walk down the hill back to the port
IMG_4203.jpg IMG_4206.jpg
It took about 15 minutes to get back down and I was glad it was down hill! It was nice to see more of the island but in the heat it would have been awful going uphill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter