• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Menu's

IMO the food was very "overdone" especially for a family oriented cruise -- for example there was a broccoli and blue cheese soup with crushed walnuts. How about just stopping with broccoli cheese and call it a day?

OH MY GOODNESS :upsidedow They had this soup last June on the West Coast cruises...and it is SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO good. Smooth, creamy, velvety, and down right YUMMY!! It was so popular that I saw MANY servers bringing out extra bowls to tons of tables :goodvibes including ours :laughing: We loved it so much that the following 2 days when it was on the other dining rooms rotation we requested this soup. :dance3:

We were on the Magic last week. When Fritz, the Head Waiter, came around to talk to us the 1st night, he said that three nights on our cruise had new menus and that beginning with the cruise this week - all 7 nights were new menus.
:)

OH MY GOODNESS :upsidedow They had this soup last June on the West Coast cruises...and it is SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO good. Smooth, creamy, velvety, and down right YUMMY!! It was so popular that I saw MANY servers bringing out extra bowls to tons of tables :goodvibes including ours :laughing: We loved it so much that the following 2 days when it was on the other dining rooms rotation we requested this soup. :dance3:

LOL, different strokes for different folks then! Anything smooth, creamy, and velvety sounds downright horrible to me!! Now the chicken consumme with slivers of vegetables in Lumiere's was right up my alley!

LOL, different strokes for different folks then! Anything smooth, creamy, and velvety sounds downright horrible to me!! Now the chicken consumme with slivers of vegetables in Lumiere's was right up my alley!

Smooth, creamy and velvety = motion sickness for me!

We were on the Magic last week. When Fritz, the Head Waiter, came around to talk to us the 1st night, he said that three nights on our cruise had new menus and that beginning with the cruise this week - all 7 nights were new menus.
:)

Wait, I am confused:confused3... does that mean that we will have to wait until someone from THIS week's cruise comes home so that they can post the new menus for us all to see? I am dying to see them!:yay:

Yes, they only introduced three of the menus last week so we still do not know about the Golden Mickeys or the menu for the last night that was the Til we meet again.

I am on thr cruise now. Menus have changed and I am getting pictures of all dinner menus. Did Palo on Golden Mickey's night but took pictures from outside the restaurant. I won't be able to put up pics till we get back. Overall, liking food this cruise over last.

Yay!!!:goodvibes so excited to finally get word on the new Magic menu! Feels like this has been a topic now for quite a while! Can't wait for the scans!

We were on the June 13 cruise and thought that all the food was great, in fact my DSIL had a pork dish from the new menues that she raved about. I thought that the sauces I had were light as opposed to heavy and were mostly on the plate as opposed to all over the meat, we thought the sauces definitely added to the dish and did not appear to be present to cover up lesser quality meats. I had a lamb dish off the new menues which was really good. My fourteen YO DD liked almost everything, except the lamb chops, but that was because they were served the way they should have been, which was too rare for her tastes. As far as the Brocolli and Blue Cheese soup, I had it and can recommend it, you have to like blue cheese flavor though, and I thought the walnut added a nice flavor and texture contrast. All in all I liked the food from the new menues. They are organized a little differently, the vegitarian and lighter items were included in the main areas of the entrees as oppossed to their own section. Can't comment on Pirate Night menu as we ate in Palo that night. By the way if you go to Palo the Chocolate Soufle is still to die for but we recommend that you try the pineapple ravioli dessert, it is very light a quite delicious, in fact the Maitre'd of PAlo stopped by and commented that that was his favorite dessert and he was surprised more people did not order it.

We'll be on the Magic in a few short months, and I'm very eager to read the full details. Thanks to those who are doing the "recon" for us. :rolleyes:

I was also on the 6/13/09 cruise.

All in all, the food was much better on the Magic than 90% of the food we had at WDW the week before. Talk about downhill!

We skipped Pirate night dinner but the Til We Meet Again menu, looked Awesome! There were 3 entrees that I really wanted to try!

I thought the Orange Roughy stuffed with crab was excellent. There was a cream sauce on it, but it was really good. I could have ordered another one.:goodvibes

I also tried the Salmon, which was good, but the Roughy was better.

Dh had the tenderloin and it was much better than the tenderloin he had previous nights. The early tenderloin tasted like liver. The last night it tasted like it should have. Dh pretty much orderded beef each night with the exception of lobster night. The lobster was a little overcooked, dry but it was still decent and the portion size was nice.

I like fish, so the fact that the salmon and baked chicken remained on the lighter fare is good.
Since we did not have the full week's menu, im not sure if there will be a beef offering each night.
If your kids are not adventurous eaters, they would not have liked either menu. They didnt want to dress and go to the dining rooms at all. They were having too much fun! We made them go, but next trip, I think we will book late seating, have them join us and then let them leave.

Desserts are still not the best, and most nights we skipped dessert completely. The desserts always looked better than they tasted. Dh loves fruit and ice cream so we did not miss anything.

I have posted the menus! They can be found here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2214851

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I can try and answer.

As I said before though, I thought the food was much better this time around. The food was served hotter, tasted fresher, and had better flavors. I really disliked only one menu (Animator's Palate). The food that evening was bland and really didn't have much flavor. The beef at another table looked pretty good, but I wasn't in the mood for red meat that evening. :)

I have posted the menus! They can be found here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2214851

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I can try and answer.

As I said before though, I thought the food was much better this time around. The food was served hotter, tasted fresher, and had better flavors. I really disliked only one menu (Animator's Palate). The food that evening was bland and really didn't have much flavor. The beef at another table looked pretty good, but I wasn't in the mood for red meat that evening. :)

That's too funny, because I hated the previous AP menu. I could never find anything I liked. (Well, except for hte peanut butter pie...) :goodvibes

This menu looks pretty good to me!!!

Oh my goodness - thank you - DH and DD are thrilled to no end... I am deeply sad - since on both of my other cruises - I ate a ceasar salad and a baked tater and a sirlion steak :( :( :( :(

That's too funny, because I hated the previous AP menu. I could never find anything I liked. (Well, except for hte peanut butter pie...) :goodvibes

This menu looks pretty good to me!!!

I thought the Penne Pasta would be good, but it tasted terrible. The sauce was more like a paste and stuck to the roof of my mouth. It was surprising because all the other pasta dishes I tried were wonderful! I also watched the girl next to me try the fish and make a terrible face right away. She returned it quickly for something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter