This one is an animated magic shot, but they also give you a sill shot (the one on the right). It's great for the animated one, but the sill would be better if guests were positioned so that it looks like they are peeking around Baymax. If I'd known about this one before we left Disney on that trip, I would have gone back and asked to do it again and re-positioned my family.

Oh gosh! I just don't like these two ... they look fake while trying to look real ... if that makes sense.

You are right about this being an animated shot.. I forgot since it was done a long, long time ago in 2015 and I have a hard time remembering what I had for dinner last night (hahaha)
I had the same thought about the dole whip MS.. Looks extremely fake... may have to pass on that one.

It's easy enough to take a picture with a real Mickey Bar or Dole Whip, this one is silly.

The Tangled lantern shot is definitely on my bucket list though!

WDW Photopass Service has added two new Ride Videos at Magic Kingdom "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" and Hollywood Studios "Tower of Terror". Here's what you can expect to see from "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!"

Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...raction-videos-from-disney-photopass-service/

***NOTE: Magic Kingdom Post #2 has been updated but not Hollywood Studios due to no video released by Disney at this time.

I will admit the new Tower of Terror Video looks comparable to the one released in 2015 o_O

Last edited:

On Saturday, November 18, 2017 Disney will be celebrating Mickey's Birthday, here's the scoop:

The big day is November 18, and Walt Disney World will celebrate with special “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons, merchandise and Sorcerer Mickey Cake. To commemorate the occasion, guests can sing and dance along with “Happy Birthday” during Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!, Cosmic Dance Party in Tomorrowland and performances by the Dapper Dans. Plus, birthday photo props will be available at all four theme parks, and everyone who collects their photos at the parks will receive a folder with a commemorative sticker.

Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-mouses-birthday-at-disney-parks-november-18/

Just wondering why do people love magic shots?

Majority of them look like anyone could do them themselves via photoshop.

No critisism intended but what is the fascination?

Just wondering why do people love magic shots?

Majority of them look like anyone could do them themselves via photoshop.

No critisism intended but what is the fascination?

I really try to carry the bare necessity when at the parks which means no camera. Sure I can take photos on my phone or ask a guest but I just find having photopass easy.

Magic shots change from year to year and some retire permanently marking a special event or time of year.

Though I don't appreciate making weird faces I do enjoy this feature Disney Photopass has, it allows us to remember the photographer who took the photo, the weather, scents etc.. it brings me and my family back to our experience that day. There is also no limit to the amount of photos on Memory Maker or the One Day.

I've read about an ugly xmas jumper magic shot in fantasyland. Any information on this, or does anyone have a photo?

Some of the MVMCP shots can be found at MK on non-party Days (mistletoe, snow globe), but haven’t seen a comprehensive list of what’s available across the resort yet.
Thanks! I saw the regular list & the Christmas party ones, but I won't be at the party. Fingers crossed there'll be some cute new ones at Epcot, maybe with the "festival" they're doing. :)

What festival are you referring to? Food & Wine or Flower & Garden?

I think she means the 'Festival of the Holidays' in Epcot -- F&W ended last night, went into IG this morning and Christmas had begun! Lots of holiday decorations up now.

Anyway, the "holiday festival" in Epcot starts I believe the 18th or 19th, we're catching it at the tail end of our trip. Will try to see if there are some magic shots specific to it

I think she means the 'Festival of the Holidays' in Epcot -- F&W ended last night, went into IG this morning and Christmas had begun! Lots of holiday decorations up now.

Anyway, the "holiday festival" in Epcot starts I believe the 18th or 19th, we're catching it at the tail end of our trip. Will try to see if there are some magic shots specific to it

The last time Disney posted for the holidays was on Nov. 23, 2016. Crazy considering MVMCP is in full swing, I feel badly for our fellow DISers not knowing all that's available.

I do maintain this thread and have checked at least twice a day on various sites to see anything new that I can post. Whatever and whenever I find anything new regarding photopass I will update the main thread and add a post here as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter