If the photographer does not scan your Magicband or photopass card correctly you will not see them at and in my case they could not be recovered.
I know exactly what's missing, my girlfriend had her photos done first, then we did a few shots together and then I did my shots. This is how we did things all night and includes Magicshots, character photos and props. Several of my shots are missing. Frustrating!

Some rides automatically take photos and some even take videos of you on the ride. I believe if you have a Magicband you should be all set and if you use a photopass card you might have to get that scanned though I'm not 100% positive. There is a great up to date thread by @Tomh who might be able to help you, here's the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-photopass-and-memory-maker.3663430/
Magic Bands *should* work automatically every time. In practice, they are fairly reliable, but not 100% For sure, I have had ride photos that didn't link up to my account. On rides where there are monitors after the ride that show the photo, just take a second and claim the photo with a MB, or Photopass Card, and then you know it is linked. On rides where there are not monitors after the ride (specific ones I know of for certain are 7DMT, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion, though there may be others) just make note of the day / time you rode. If you don't see the photo pop up in MDE within a day, reach out to Photopass HERE and give them as much information as possible about the missing photo(s) especially another photo taken that day which clearly shows what you were wearing that day, and they will do their best to reconnect you with your photos.

Magic Bands *should* work automatically every time. In practice, they are fairly reliable, but not 100% For sure, I have had ride photos that didn't link up to my account. On rides where there are monitors after the ride that show the photo, just take a second and claim the photo with a MB, or Photopass Card, and then you know it is linked. On rides where there are not monitors after the ride (specific ones I know of for certain are 7DMT, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion, though there may be others) just make note of the day / time you rode. If you don't see the photo pop up in MDE within a day, reach out to Photopass HERE and give them as much information as possible about the missing photo(s) especially another photo taken that day which clearly shows what you were wearing that day, and they will do their best to reconnect you with your photos.

Thanks Tom!

New Disney PhotoPass Studio Opens in Magic Kingdom

A new Disney PhotoPass Studio has opened in the Magic Kingdom, and it’s available to all park guests. The new studio is located in Fantasyland inside of Sir Mickey’s near the exit location for Princess Fairytale Hall. The new Disney PhotoPass Studio hours are the same as Magic Kingdom park hours.

Remember, if you have Memory Maker or One Day Memory Maker you have access to all photos, backdrops and props they offer for FREE this includes any Special Event like MNSSHP and MVMCP.

View attachment 421286
A new Disney PhotoPass Studio has opened in the Magic Kingdom, and it’s available to all park guests. The new studio is located in Fantasyland inside of Sir Mickey’s near the exit location for Princess Fairytale Hall. The new Disney PhotoPass Studio hours are the same as Magic Kingdom park hours.

View attachment 421287

Remember, if you have Memory Maker or One Day Memory Maker you have access to all photos, backdrops and props they offer for FREE this includes any Special Event like MNSSHP and MVMCP.

I don't believe that's new. We took photos there in March.

http://mickeyblog.com/2019/07/30/new-photopass-studio-has-popped-up-in-magic-kingdom/

View attachment 421286

View attachment 421287

I don't believe that's new. We took photos there in March.
Disney posted an article April 2018 Magic Kingdom PhotoPass studio temporarily relocated.
"The PhotoPass Studio inside Fantasyland's Castle Couture at the Magic Kingdom is currently closed for refurbishment until May 3rd. During this time, the studio will temporarily be relocated to the FastPass+ queue of the nearby Philharmagic attraction. When the Castle Couture location reopens, it will have new backgrounds, props, and better lighting. "

Disney posted an article April 2018 Magic Kingdom PhotoPass studio temporarily relocated.
"The PhotoPass Studio inside Fantasyland's Castle Couture at the Magic Kingdom is currently closed for refurbishment until May 3rd. During this time, the studio will temporarily be relocated to the FastPass+ queue of the nearby Philharmagic attraction. When the Castle Couture location reopens, it will have new backgrounds, props, and better lighting. "

Thanks. After I saw it posted in All Ears, I messaged my daughter who is Photopass. She helped clarify my confusion. Sorry about that.

Did that Hub super zoomed in/out photo yesterday at MK.

Kind of cheesy, but I thought it was super cool and pretty neat. We did it around 11:30'ish and there were only 2 people in line.

I'm in WDW currently and am dying to get this shot. But I haven't been able to figure out where to stand to get it lined up. I know the photographer must be on top of a building but assume we don't go there first to get in line. If anyone can tell me where to go, I would appreciate it so much! We may be going back to MK this afternoon. :)

I'm in WDW currently and am dying to get this shot. But I haven't been able to figure out where to stand to get it lined up. I know the photographer must be on top of a building but assume we don't go there first to get in line. If anyone can tell me where to go, I would appreciate it so much! We may be going back to MK this afternoon. :)

There’s not a photographer on the roof, there is a PhotoPass CM on the ground that tells you what to do. Go to the Plaza Garden East (if facing the castle, the one on the right) and it’s in the front right corner of that garden (again, if facing the castle). Should be a CM there.... IF this is still being offered.

There’s not a photographer on the roof, there is a PhotoPass CM on the ground that tells you what to do. Go to the Plaza Garden East (if facing the castle, the one on the right) and it’s in the front right corner of that garden (again, if facing the castle). Should be a CM there.... IF this is still being offered.

Thanks!! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Booooo!!!!!!

Disney has closed the Memento Mori - Lenticular Photo op at Magic Kingdom. While the gift shop remains open, the souvenir photo is no longer being sold according to Cast Members.

The old photo op area is closed as the shop prepares for The Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary celebrations this Friday. Cast said that the space will be used for something new and spooky. They stated that the photo op would not return to Memento Mori in the future. LINK

Booooo!!!!!!

Disney has closed the Memento Mori - Lenticular Photo op at Magic Kingdom. While the gift shop remains open, the souvenir photo is no longer being sold according to Cast Members.
View attachment 423492

The old photo op area is closed as the shop prepares for The Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary celebrations this Friday. Cast said that the space will be used for something new and spooky. They stated that the photo op would not return to Memento Mori in the future. LINK
That stinks! I have been putting that off over many trips, always kind of wanting to do it but never wanting to take the time and have the rest of my family wait. Now I guess i won't get to do it.

That stinks! I have been putting that off over many trips, always kind of wanting to do it but never wanting to take the time and have the rest of my family wait. Now I guess i won't get to do it.

I know they do a different one at HS but no one has posted any new info or pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter