Magic Ticket offsite help!

McDisneySon

Earning My Ears
Hi, can anyone with recent experience please help a Technophobe

Firstly I have not been to Disney in over 20+ years and believe it or not a paper ticket was all you could get (worked fine for me), now unfortunately for the less technically able everything is electronic.
Travelling to Florida in Sep 23, with my wife and two adult children, and have booked an off site accommodation through Virgin holidays. Tickets are all bought and paid for, I have received them electronically and have even managed to connect them to my MDE app. Following the tutorials on the app I can see that I can pair the tickets with Magicbands (are they really worth it if staying off site), now I have read on various sites that your phone is all you need but the idea of scanning my phone four times for me my wife and two adult children seems a little tedious, also when in the parks the (Kids) may want to go off and do there own thing and I wouldn't want them to be away without some sort of proof of purchase/entry. I also read that plastic credit card type tickets are available which can go on a lanyard, this would at least give us all some sort of memento of the experience. so I guess my real questions are.

Magicbands, are they worth it in my circumstance?
and
Plastic cards, are they available and how/where would I get them ?

Anyone with recent Disney world experience or who has been in the same predicament your opinions will be much appreciated

If you buy magic bands the CMs will help you link them or any guest service desk. I find a magic band much more convenient to scan than my telephone.

The magic bands can be a good souvenir, but you don't need it.
You can exchange your e-ticket for a hard ticket/card at any guest relations (or ticket booth) so that can be used to scan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter