• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magical beginnings and BCV

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
Has Disney offered magical beginnings at all of its DVC properties when they were first introduced? I know that there is currently a $5.00 MB at the WVL, but it was $10.00 at VWL and currently at VB and HH. How long have they offered MB at the various WDW properties? A couple months?? Interested to know because we are considering an add-on at BCV and would take advantage of MB for that purchase if it is $10.00. Also, will out of state DVC members be able to buy BCV on the initial offering, or will there be a "lock out" for several months and you would have to be at WDW in person to purchase.:cool:

It was $10 for a very long time, going back at least 5 years(how long actually I cannot remember); at HH and VB it has even been higher at times; in the earlier years DVD had a program under which it would credit to your down payment the room rental amount you were paying at the time you bought in while on site. MB went $5 at VWL most likely because sales were very brisk and Disney was trying to slow them down a bit because BCV won't be done till next year and DVD would not have any WDW site to sell if VWL sold out before then(which it is still likely to do). At $5 it is not a good deal since you could take all those points and rent them out at $10 without MB. What it will be when BCV goes on sale is unknown although I would supect no better than that $5 per point amount unless sales are slow. Out of state offerings will likely be available in many states at time of or quickly after BCV goes on sale. However, there are just some states like NY that are terribly slow at processing and approving the required documentation needed for sales in that state and thus there could again be delays in some states. Illinois was not, I believe, one of those slow states, and purchasing for VWL there was available early.

When we bought points at VB earlier this year, we used the MB program to sell back points at $13.00 per point--which was real nice!

Johnnie, the inability to buy from out of state has to do with your own state and how quickly they approve DVC to do business in your state. It is possible to travel to WDW and make the purchase in person. DVC doesn't purposely lock-out by mail sales.

Originally posted by drusba
In the earlier years DVD had a program under which it would credit to your down payment the room rental amount you were paying at the time you bought in while on site.

I hope the quote function works.

Does anyone know if this program is still active? We are planning to stay at the WL for 6 nights in November 2002 and would like to use the credit towards 200 points.:cool:

That program for crediting your room rental to the down payment has been gone for years. Only current discount program is Magical Beginnings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter