• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express - Can I get a later bus to MCO?

Play it safe and take an Uber. It’s not that costly and you can guarantee yourself a ride on your terms.

You can call and ask. Occasionally DME will make an exception. Do you have TSA pre? Lines at MCO can be long. I suspect the lines will get real long as TSA employees decide not to work for free. Some airports TSA closed the pre line.

Where have they closed TSA pre-line? Have not heard this.

Because of previous DME experiences, there is no way I would request a later bus. I have had too many experiences with assorted DME delays and long TSA lines at MCO to be comfortable taking a later bus and have actually considered requesting earlier buses. If you want extra time in the parks or resort, I strongly suggest seeking alternate transportation.

Don't remember, not MCO. Miami is closing a terminal due to TSA staffing.

I just googled it, they are closing one terminal (G) for a few hours during a slow time at that terminal but will reopen when it gets busier. Nothing permanent.
Surprised that doesn't happen usually rather than have TSA workers standing around when there are very few passengers. Efficient use of resources. :flower1:
(Eta-additional thought.)

Last edited:
Where have they closed TSA pre-line? Have not heard this.
They haven't yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. You can also sign up for a free trial of Clear (Google for referral code for two months free, they are out there) and then they check your ID and you bypass the first part of the line. And Clear should remain open since they are not government employees, but rather a private company that you are paying directly, well if you pay for the service after the free trial of course.

They haven't yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. You can also sign up for a free trial of Clear (Google for referral code for two months free, they are out there) and then they check your ID and you bypass the first part of the line. And Clear should remain open since they are not government employees, but rather a private company that you are paying directly, well if you pay for the service after the free trial of course.
Actually, they have mentioned doing the opposite, using PreCheck more to move more people through faster, streamline bag checks because it takes fewer employees than the more thorough checks

Quick question about Clear, if you know. Can you enroll online and then finish the process at the airport and use it at the same time?
The reason I ask is, it did dawn on me that a friend I'm flying with this weekend doesn't have PreCheck. It's not offered at our home airport nor is it needed (even PreCheck isn't) but it would help in MCO but only if we can complete the process there. If we can, we could get her the free trial of Clear to help in MCO
What I can make out online it does appear that it would be able to be used immediately but want to be sure there's nothing I'm missing. Won't waste her time trying if it can't be used at the same time you go to complete the enrollment.

I just googled it, they are closing one terminal (G) for a few hours during a slow time at that terminal but will reopen when it gets busier. Nothing permanent.
Surprised that doesn't happen usually rather than have TSA workers standing around when there are very few passengers. Efficient use of resources. :flower1:
(Eta-additional thought.)
MIA is moving flights to a different terminal to accommodate changes mandated by TSA closure. It may be a more efficient use of TSA resources but a less efficient use of airline and/or airport resources.

I heard on the radio this morning TSA delays at MCO are 20-30 minutes, sound about normal, but over 2 hours at other airports.

Passengers need to check the day before, and maybe even day of, their flight. You can't really generalize. Some airports might not have enough TSA to operate regular lines and pre-clear. Others may wind up having to use pre-clear procedures for almost all passengers.

I don't know how much longer the federal government will be in the present situation. I don't how many TSA employees will be willing/able to allocate resources toward day care and commutation without being paid.[/QUOTE]

Because of previous DME experiences, there is no way I would request a later bus. I have had too many experiences with assorted DME delays and long TSA lines at MCO to be comfortable taking a later bus and have actually considered requesting earlier buses. If you want extra time in the parks or resort, I strongly suggest seeking alternate transportation.

THIS!!! I've been on a Magical Express bus that spent an hour driving around to other resorts before heading to the airport. But even if you go with a towncar or taxi, keep in mind the security lines at MCO can be horrendous.

THIS!!! I've been on a Magical Express bus that spent an hour driving around to other resorts before heading to the airport. But even if you go with a towncar or taxi, keep in mind the security lines at MCO can be horrendous.
I too would never take a later ME bus. The key being using a ME bus. I will go to the airport later, even without precheck but that's because I will be in control of stops and know how long it will take to go

The only time I took a later bus was when I was late for the one I was scheduled for. I arrived at the pickup time, or so I thought. It was departure time. Anyway, there was a bit of a commotion while the CM contacted DME and was able to get us on the next bus. It is never a guarantee that you can take a later bus, as far as I know. I would check on the transportation forum because those folks know a lot about what is likely to be allowed or not.

Same. I went with my friend are her Boyfriend and his brother and they missed their ME. They got on the next one but the Cast Member said its only if there's room. There was a lot of back and forth and they had to speak to the driver, who seemed annoyed but they got on.

Same. I went with my friend are her Boyfriend and his brother and they missed their ME. They got on the next one but the Cast Member said its only if there's room. There was a lot of back and forth and they had to speak to the driver, who seemed annoyed but they got on.

Keep in mind; in addition to the bus having seats - they were lucky that there was a 'next bus" to get on! There can be hours between pickups at resorts if there are no guests scheduled to depart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter