Magical Express Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaloo311

Mouseketeer
I know with ME you don't need to collect your bags at baggage claim. While that is very appealing do you actually need to take the bus to the resort? We will be traveling to Disney in December for the 1st time with our 1-year old twin girls. We will be renting a car - but I was thinking it might be easier for us to not have to go through baggage claim - in addition to dealing with the girls, 2 car seats and a double stroller in tow.

Can someone please let me know how this might work? Thanks so much.

Officially you do need to have at least one member of your family ride the bus if you want DME to deliver your bags for you. There have been posts from people who stated they used the yellow luggage tags, didn't ride the bus, and still got their luggage delivered. But if you call Disney and ask they will tell you DME is not to be used as a luggage service, and they don't want people using them that way.

2nd the PP.People have done it, BUT Disneys rule is at least one person must ride the bus

Officially you do need to have at least one member of your family ride the bus if you want DME to deliver your bags for you. There have been posts from people who stated they used the yellow luggage tags, didn't ride the bus, and still got their luggage delivered. But if you call Disney and ask they will tell you DME is not to be used as a luggage service, and they don't want people using them that way.

ITA! Too much of a risk to take IMO. However, there have been several posters who sent one person to get the rental car, the rest of the family going by bus. That works very well.

We actually didn't need our rental car the first couple of days, so we took ME and picked up our car at the CCC.

BTW, you're likely to get more responses to this question if you post it on the transportation board -- they're awesome at this stuff over there. :goodvibes

There have also been reports that the DME people will leave the luggage at the airport if at least one member of the party doesn't ride the bus. I don't know if they still do that, but I sure wouldn't want to risk it.

I'm going to move this to the Transportation board so you can get the latest info from the experts.

There have also been reports that the DME people will leave the luggage at the airport if at least one member of the party doesn't ride the bus.
To reduce the need to cross check* and speed up the arrival of the luggage in the guest rooms, the luggage is summarily removed to the resorts via truck unsynchronized with guest movements.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/magicx.htm

* An academic exercise. Given two lists, how can you find out who is on both lists without taking one name at a time from one list and cross checking it against all of the names on the other list? Once I was a member of a club facing this dilemma when it passed a motion having to do with complimentary memberships. No one wanted to do the necessary paperwork and as a result the motion was quietly forgotten, not carried out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter