• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express reservation- only 3 out of 4 ppl?

kranzaldua

Mouseketeer
Hey friends! I'm not finding this answer quickly enough for my liking via search, so I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows the answer to this. We have a trip next month. I rented a car. Because of this, I did not set up Magical Express. My husband told me today that he would prefer Magical Express because it makes it so easy with the luggage and the kids, and I agree. Soooo...I'm planning to retrieve the car and drive to the resort while they catch the ME.

Here's my question, if I set up ME for the 4 of us, but then I do not show--is that an issue? The reason that I plan to do this (if possible) is so that we get 4 luggage tags because *most likely* we will have 4 bags. Changing it to a reservation of 3 at check-in to DME seems like it'll be allowed and ok, but will they still retrieve my bag? Just curious before I set up the reservation. Thanks!

For my trip this month, I'm on a room-only reservation using a CM discount. I made my DME reservation for just myself, since the other person in the room is the CM and doesn't need to fly in. I still got 2 sets of tags, one set for each person in the room, and my DME reservation has both our names on it. This happened on my trip last September as well, same circumstances, and when I showed up at the DME pick up area at MCO, I just told them I was the only one riding, and there was no problem.

You can do that if you want. Is not going to be a problem. If you're really wanting to make sure you have enough yellow tags, just call DME directly at 866 599-0951 and ask them to send you additional tags. They'll gladly do it for you. You can also call to set up the MDE reservation. This is usually the simplest way to do it if you have anything ot of the ordinary going on (not everyone is riding or coming in at the same time, etc.) Just DO NOT call Disney Reservations. They won't be able to help you much.

Steve

It won't be a problem. I wanted to offer another suggestion though: It might be worth it for all of you to use DME and then rent a car the day after you arrive or whenever you need it. We often do this and rent from Alamo at the Dolphin. The price has been comparable or even less than the airport sometimes. It varies. Since you're still a few weeks out, it may be worth looking into.

It won't be a problem. I wanted to offer another suggestion though: It might be worth it for all of you to use DME and then rent a car the day after you arrive or whenever you need it. We often do this and rent from Alamo at the Dolphin. The price has been comparable or even less than the airport sometimes. It varies. Since you're still a few weeks out, it may be worth looking into.
Thank you, Sandi! I've actually already rented the car. It's through a company called Turo which is basically a business where people rent out their cars. Like Lyft, without the drivers. We are a family of 6, so usually need a larger vehicle once you account for our luggage and stuff and they seem to have prices that are about 1/2 of what I'd pay for that size vehicle from a rental car company. We used it in San Diego last year with no issues and I'm hoping our Orlando experience will be great, as well. I appreciate your reply!! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter