Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very much interested to see how this impacts on site stays. What is the perk to stay on site anymore?

Similar perks that were there pre 2005 (or insert correct year DME started if I’m slightly off).

Disney atmosphere, bubble, location, park transport, etc. For us they can whittle away the tangible perks but the intangible Disney feel will very likely keep us there no matter what until they price us out. Don’t get me wrong we loved DME and I’m really disappointed, but it’s not what kept us there.

What it may change for us is the willingness to finally try Uni, with the possibility of spending a night or two there at the beginning or end of the trip since we wouldn’t be giving up DME on one of the ends.

Similar perks that were there pre 2005 (or insert correct year DME started if I’m slightly off).

Disney atmosphere, bubble, location, park transport, etc. For us they can whittle away the tangible perks but the intangible Disney feel will very likely keep us there no matter what until they price us out. Don’t get me wrong we loved DME and I’m really disappointed, but it’s not what kept us there.

What it may change for us is the willingness to finally try Uni, with the possibility of spending a night or two there at the beginning or end of the trip since we wouldn’t be giving up DME on one of the ends.
With the exception of the All-Stars, Prices have roughly doubled vs the rate of inflation since the introduction of FP+ and its suite of benefits. It’s hard to justify 2022 prices with 2004 benefits.

Part of why I've done Disney is because they made it easy for me to do a lot of things (rides, shows, fine dining, shopping, atmosphere) very simply for one charge. The more complicated they make it for me to enjoy WDW, the less of an edge WDW has over other options like other resorts, national parks, and city stays. If every vacation is just as complicated to plan and execute, then i might as well choose variety and price. Cuz Disney definitely loses on price.

With the exception of the All-Stars, Prices have roughly doubled vs the rate of inflation since the introduction of FP+ and its suite of benefits. It’s hard to justify 2022 prices with 2004 benefits.

I don’t personally think any of the recently removed onsite perks justified the massive price increases on their own or even combined, even if all of them were still intact I think it’s hard to justify Disney resorts vs offsite when simply trying to quantify each benefit.

I think the ship sailed ages ago when they made financial sense in many scenarios but that’s JMO.

I have known people who were contemplating an off site stay to save money. I did the math with them and showed them that if you add he cost f a rental car and daily parking at the parks tot he cost of their less expensive hotel, it sometimes ends up being the same cost as staying on property. Well, now with the need to get a rental car and then, you have to pay to park at the resort...well, I guess I can't make that case anymore.

The issue with ubers and kids is car seats. A big perk to having the ME is not having to bring and install multiple car seats for 2 30 minute rides. Luckily my kids have aged out of them, but it's a big blow to parents, especially ones with multiple kids.
My thoughts exactly. We just had a baby in November and we're planning our first trip. Luckily we are still taking ME but after that it's going to be an issue.

I was already done with DME after bad experiences, but WOW. I am shocked. Really interested to see what they offer in the future.

They really need to stop with the parking fees at the resorts. Leaves a bad taste even more now.

" While we are retiring this option, we’re introducing some new ways for guests to enjoy their visits, while reimagining others: "

Oh you mean the same things you always offered in the past, to make up for taking away magical express? Geez they are a joke, and really treat us like children

Good luck actually finding a ton of Uber XLs during peak times when all the people on the plane going to disney are looking for a cab. Lets also hope the driver is safe with all those children inside

I don’t personally think any of the recently removed onsite perks justified the massive price increases on their own or even combined, even if all of them were still intact I think it’s hard to justify Disney resorts vs offsite when simply trying to quantify each benefit.

I think the ship sailed ages ago when they made financial sense in many scenarios but that’s JMO.
I don’t know, I think FP+ made it a lot easier to justify an on site stay. And therefore kept rooms filled when prices climbed, emboldening Disney further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter