• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those worried about car seats and Uber/Lyft XL, I'd suggest looking into SuperShuttle (they provide Universal's "official" paid service), or any myriad of airport limousine services. Much easier to book those requests online in advance, and the cost is similar to rideshare, if not a little cheaper if you buy roundtrip in advance.

For those worried about car seats and Uber/Lyft XL, I'd suggest looking into SuperShuttle (they provide Universal's "official" paid service), or any myriad of airport limousine services. Much easier to book those requests online in advance, and the cost is similar to rideshare, if not a little cheaper if you buy roundtrip in advance.

Yes we got completely spoiled using Tony Hinds' car service. I said we would never look back.

I paid $53 for an xl last week from mco to gf.

the cost to uber/lyft will more than likely double simply due to demand. Same for rental cars. Are there even enough rental cars to cover?

Lets think about this - how many people used DME in one day?

Now all of those people need a different way to get to WDW. It will be surge pricing for everyone.

And if more people snag rental cars - there may not even BE enough to go around - hello Christmas week, Thanksgiving Week, etc.

For the first time ever I just wrote an email complaining to Disney for whatever good that does - I am so angry about this. I have to now take up a carry on with a booster seat - FUN.

the cost to uber/lyft will more than likely double simply due to demand. Same for rental cars. Are there even enough rental cars to cover?

Lets think about this - how many people used DME in one day?

Now all of those people need a different way to get to WDW. It will be surge pricing for everyone.

And if more people snag rental cars - there may not even BE enough to go around - hello Christmas week, Thanksgiving Week, etc.

For the first time ever I just wrote an email complaining to Disney for whatever good that does - I am so angry about this. I have to now take up a carry on with a booster seat - FUN.
Not looking forward to the price or mega lines in 2022 to catch an Uber ☹️ I don’t have any kids in car seats/ boosters but I would imagine that would be such an inconvenience.

Yeah, but, no. I'm sure we'll be able to "build a bubble" to our liking, and really push the limits of a reasonable vacation budget, but this one really hurts. Will we adjust? Maybe. But am I a little more likely to price a nice VRBO, where we can park for free with a rental car? And then, depending on rates or parking fees, Uber or drive to the parks? You betcha. Heck, the parking perk of an AP makes offsite rental and driving very appealing to buy one AP for the family. Then you also enjoy a discount on food and purchases, instead of DDP and full-priced souvenirs of the occasional (once every 18-ish months) bubble guest like us. This could be the edge of Occam's razor that causes Disney management to rethink perks and bring some things back once the full force majeure levels out in 18 months or so.

The service was through Mears. Disney was paying that contact. The airport bills Mears. What was the cost increase to them and what was being passed to Disney? Also the bags service was another company that went out of business (Covid related?) now given Mears is handling more bags, are they pressing for an increase on the contract to pinch Disney, who is just walking away and leaving them out threes?

It seems silly but this loss is hitting me hard. DME and airline check-in/luggage service was a really big perk for us.

Same. This is a huge blow and major increase to inconvenience (both arrival and departure luggage/transit) and potentially cost.

The bubble popping hurts the most though.... I just want to be in a vacation bubble. I don’t want to deal with third parties or drive myself when on vacation.

Yeah i am going to write down the prices of rental cars now just for tracking purposes, as well as the estimated cost to use a shuttle service - bc I have a feeling the cost to rent a car or engage a car service out of MCO will go up dramatically.

Also if you have to travel with a large group, or are doing a big family trip, that'll be fun logistics to coordinate. Jeeze - I know i've posted like four times already and I'm sorry, but my goodness this irks me.

I was thinking the same thing. DVC resort parking will fill much faster now, and then you can expect them to remove DVC free parking soon after, citing, "due to increased demand for parking at our DVC resorts..." >:(
We already pay for parking with our MF. They can't charge you twice.
Though, I can see charging non-DVC members and would be for that.

Yeah i am going to write down the prices of rental cars now just for tracking purposes, as well as the estimated cost to use a shuttle service - bc I have a feeling the cost to rent a car or engage a car service out of MCO will go up dramatically.

Also if you have to travel with a large group, or are doing a big family trip, that'll be fun logistics to coordinate. Jeeze - I know i've posted like four times already and I'm sorry, but my goodness this irks me.
make sure you account for that parking at the resort now also....

Don't like this at all, and no way I'll rent a car and pay for parking, so it'll be cab/uber for us after this. Despite the extra cost, I don't hate that as Disney is right in saying it's more convenient. I loved having my bags picked up (even though I know they aren't doing it now due to COVID, I'm sure they'll start again before this is done), but going to pick them up myself doesn't waste all that much time, especially if we now can get a ride on demand that will take us straight to our destination without stops (again for a fee though, which stinks).

Now, if they do away with Resort Airline check-in, that will be a tremendous blow for us in terms of convenience and time saving - being able to drop your bags off the morning of departure and also check in for your flight before heading out for that last park day, saving the time of doing both at the airport later was a godsend. If that goes away, it's definitely something that could absolutely drive us to stay offsite.

And will Mears come to the rescue and provide the service. Almost seems to easy for them to continue and you book directly through them but wonder at what cost?

The service was through Mears. Disney was paying that contact. The airport bills Mears. What was the cost increase to them and what was being passed to Disney? Also the bags service was another company that went out of business (Covid related?) now given Mears is handling more bags, are they pressing for an increase on the contract to pinch Disney, who is just walking away and leaving them out threes?
Is Mears also doing on-site busing? I mean, that would explain a lot...

The other cost sure to go up is the (fairly) reasonable rate to do a one way rental to Port Canaveral for a pre-cruise stay along Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. If inventory drops enough, companies may nix that option altogether on certain days in order to maintain availability at MCO.

Anyone know what the cost for the bright line is in general for a ride similar in distance ( if they even have one ) or any idea what they may charge for a ride to Disney springs. And let’s not even talk about taking your bags to the busses? And pack on with all the folks leaving the springs. The pack the bus game was not so long ago can you image that game with your bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter