Magical express..... weird question:

wcw57

DIS Veteran
Supposin' we DW and I were flying into PBI (West Palm Beach) to visit relatives.....

We rent a car from SIXT.....

We visit...

We drive to MCO and return car....

Can we then, after shuttling to airport with our luggage, get on ME and travel to our reserved resort?

It sounds like it makes sense...

I know we can rent a vehicle which we could return on WDW property, but the additional expense would be considerable .....

I also know that sometimes convenience is worth the extra cost....just trying to get these damn ducks in a row.....

Thanks! I'm not the OP but needed to know the same thing. Doing Vero for a few days before our August trip and its half the price if I return the card to MCO (where we will pick it up) vs. driving it to WDW and dropping it there (we never use a car on property so don't want to pay for 5 extra days for no reason).

My other suggestion, depending on where you're coming from, is to drop your luggage, and most of your group, off at your resort, then return the car to MCO. Coming from either VB or W Palm, it's almost on the way to stop in WDW, then go to MCO. I would make a reservation for DME prior to arrival though...I like to be fully prepared.

Yes, you can. We did it when we came from Cocoa Beach. A big plus? We got to MCO SO early (before 7, I think?) (too excited to sleep!), that we had an ME bus to ourselves :)

We've also done this after a cruise. We used the cruise line's included transportation to get to MCO, and then just hopped on the DME bus. We were at POR by 9:30am. Worked out well, no issues. We also had our luggage with us which was no issue or hassle.

So, just called and was told they can't sign me up ahead of time but that we can definitely go to the ME desk when we arrive back at MCO. As we know with Disney, I could probably call back and get someone different who could do it but not that big a deal for us as long as we know we can get a ride. Not like we would be able to use the yellow tags anyway.

So, just called and was told they can't sign me up ahead of time but that we can definitely go to the ME desk when we arrive back at MCO. As we know with Disney, I could probably call back and get someone different who could do it but not that big a deal for us as long as we know we can get a ride. Not like we would be able to use the yellow tags anyway.

Did you call DME or Disney? Two very different things. You absolutely can get a reservation in advance.

So, just called and was told they can't sign me up ahead of time but that we can definitely go to the ME desk when we arrive back at MCO
That is 100% wrong. DME's/Disney's agreement with MCO prohibits walk-ups. You must have a reservation.

866-599-0951

DVC Member Services as I am a member booked on points. Tried previously to book through DME and they told me to book via DVC.

Did you call DME or Disney? Two very different things. You absolutely can get a reservation in advance.

Thanks, I will give it another shot. They may tell me to call DVC back based on past experience.

That is 100% wrong. DME's/Disney's agreement with MCO prohibits walk-ups. You must have a reservation.

866-599-0951

I know we can rent a vehicle which we could return on WDW property, but the additional expense would be considerable .....

Make sure you’re checking rates. Never assume with car rentals.

Noooooo.

DVC Member Services as I am a member booked on points. Tried previously to book through DME and they told me to book via DVC.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

I use this often. Even with Dvc. After a dme rep knew nothing about travel and wouldn’t help me because he thought that one way flights on separate airlines weren’t allowed, then after a Dvc rep couldn’t figure out something that wasn’t hard, I gave up lol.

You’ll need a flight to enter for this, but it just has to be that day.

866-599-0951
Not anymore! Seems a ton of people are walking up to the podiums, without existing ride reservations, and getting on buses. I'm starting a thread about this and some other stuff. Should be interesting to see what is put out there.

ME WALKUPS! Gol Dern Internet has provided too many people with too much information again...........>:(:D

You must have a RESORT reservation. when you walk up to DME they can print you a voucher for the bus as long as you have a resort reservation in the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter