Magical Honeymoon trip report w/ LOTS of PICS! (PhotoPass Pics Added) 4/26/09-5/3/09

Some beautiful pictures.

Three I want to ask/comment about:

1) The picture of the castle from Main Street where the flowers are at the bottom of the picture. Of a oft-photo'ed landmark, that picture is BEAUTIFUL.

2) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad pic....I have a similar looking pic as my wallpaper that I found from allears.net Where did you have to stand to get that pic?

3) Fireworks pics from observation deck. Again, wow....amazing pics!

1. Thanks, I try to take some different angles when possible. I've been going to WDW for many years and I don't want the same old shots. Most of the time I don't have the time to slow down and take those pictures. But at that time I was by myself. So I could take my time. Most of the time I think of shots I could have take after the fact. One day I'll get me a digital SLR, then I'll really be able to take some good photos.

2. this one was taken I believe from the que, waiting to ride BTM. Sometimes the cast memebers open up different sections of the que, I guess the area I was in shows this view.

3. Thanks, It's very difficult to take pictures of the fireworks with my camera. I must have take about 30 pictures and only 3-4 came out decent. Actually I wish the castle would have been more in focus, it's blurry.

Day #6 Friday 5-1-09 Sunny and warmer

Day #6 was a mix of Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom

Today they main goal for me was the 20th Anniversary of Hollywood Studios. When I fould out that HS was to turn 20 years old on May 1st and that I'd be there I was really excited! I was sure Disney would have some sort of tribute/celebration. WDW Celebrations had planned a fan community celebration that day called "Studio 20" They were the guys involved in Epcot's 25th Anniversary and Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary. Brandi wasn't comfortable meeting strangers in the parks so I planned to go to park opening and take in some of the festivities associated with the anniversary and she would meet me later for lunch.

So I woke up at 6am. I quickly got dressed and headed to Captain Cooks to grab a quick coffee and cheese danish! I love those things! Then I took a bus to Hollywood studios to make it there for opening at 8am. I arrived to see some of the WDW Celebrations people already there with other regular guest.

DHS-20th-03.jpg

I ended up meeting a few disney podcast celebrities Nathan Rose from Magical Mountain.net and the Magical Definition Podcast. I also met and talked with Matt Hochberg of StudiosCentral.com and WDW Today Podcast. I also met Lou Mongello of the WDW Radio Show podcast and autor of the WDW Trivia Books. All the guys were very friendly.

DHS-20th-05-1.jpg

DHS-20th-01.jpg

The opening ceremony was nice. To celebrate the 20th Anniversary there was special merchandise which included a T-Shirt and 4 or 5 limited edition pins. I picked up on a couple pins but didn't get the shirt. Hollywood studios was also serving a special cupcake at Starring Rolls. The WDW Celebrations group had a schedule of events for Friday and Saturday which included Scavenger hunt, ride meets and group photos. One main event I wanted to catch was a special interview with three Imagineer on the creation of the park. Tom Fitzgerald, Eric Jacobson, and Bob Weis spoke for about a hour on the creations and development of MGM Studios at the time. They even hinted that Sorcerer's hat may be coming down in the future.

DHS-20th-08.jpg

Before entering this presentation I went over to Toy Story Midway Mania to get a fastpass for later.

The presentation was very good. After the presentation I was schedule to meet up with Brandi. We then went get Brandi a fast pass for Midway Mania so we could ride later.

I'm not sure of the particular order but here is a list of some of the attractions we rode. Star Tours, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (Brandi had never seen this show), Great Movie ride, I rode Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster, and Midway Mania.

DHS-Indy-08.jpg

DHS-Indy-18.jpg

DHS-TOT-01.jpg

So after doing a couple things on the list that I just mentioned we went eat lunch at Sci Fi Drive Inn at 12:15pm. This was Brandi's first time eating here, I had been there before.

We both had the burger but I got a "Comet" drink. It was great.

DHS-SciFi-02.jpg

DHS-SciFi-04.jpg

DHS-SciFi-01.jpg

DHS-SciFi-06-Comet.jpg

DHS-SciFi-07-Burger.jpg

So after lunch we continued the touring of the park. Our fastpass for Midway Mania wasn't until 3pm so after riding that we decided to return to the hotel and rest before going to MK for dinner.

Oh on the way out of the park we stopped by Sid Cahuenga's to answer the movie trivia. We got them correct! and received a magical moment certificate.

After resting at the hotel for a little while we took the boat over to Magic Kingdom. Other than the monorail the boats are a close second as far as transportation is concerned.

Boat-Todd-Brandi-02.jpg

Poly-Dock-01.jpg

WE walked around MK a little before it was time to eat. We watched this guy on Main Street blowing glass. Very cool.

MK-Glassmaker-02.jpg

MK-TownSquare-02-Brandi.jpg

So we checked in at Tony's Town Square for dinner at 7:30pm. We were quickly seated and ordered. Our food came out very quickly. We ordered salad and Chicken Parmesean. It was really good and they served us so much food that we could have shared.

MK-Tonys-03-Parm.jpg

After dinner we walked around and took some pictures while waiting for the fireworks.

MK-Tomorrowland-Night-03.jpg

MK-Tomorrowland-Night-04.jpg

Mk-Castle-Night-05.jpg

MK-Castle-Night-03-1.jpg

MK-Castle-Night-02.jpg

We then watched Wishes from the Tomorrowland bridge and got a couple pictures take with photopass during the fireworks. They came out really nice.

Once the fireworks were over we decided to go ride Big thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion at night before the park closed at 10pm. Big thunder is a totally different experience at night from riding during the day.

On our way out were were hungry so we picked up a couple ice cream cones at the Plaza.

What a great way to end the night.

Next to come: Day #7 Downtown Disney and Epoct wrapup day.

Will you be posting your photopass pics? Thats so awesome that you were there for the 20th anniv. Very cool! Love all the pics and how cool to get a photopass pic with the fireworks...bet that was awesome! :thumbsup2

Great report!! But you left out some important details....

Scores for TSMM????!!!!????!!!!

:rotfl:

Will you be posting your photopass pics? Thats so awesome that you were there for the 20th anniv. Very cool! Love all the pics and how cool to get a photopass pic with the fireworks...bet that was awesome! :thumbsup2

We ordered the photopass CD and we are waiting for it to come in. I should be able to post some of the pictures once I get the CD in.

Great report!! But you left out some important details....

Scores for TSMM????!!!!????!!!!

:rotfl:

I forgot to take a picture of the scores. I think I got about 165,000 and Brandi had about 96,000 something like that. I dont' remember.

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. We're leaving for 9 nights at WDW this Friday (first trip back since 2/08), and I am finally getting excited about going. It will be the first time our family eats at Crystal Palace and Tony's Town Square...thx for the food photos, it looks yummy.

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. We're leaving for 9 nights at WDW this Friday (first trip back since 2/08), and I am finally getting excited about going. It will be the first time our family eats at Crystal Palace and Tony's Town Square...thx for the food photos, it looks yummy.

I hope you have a wonderful time! Say hello to Jedi Mickey for me :)

Loving your report!!! My Fiance and I are getting married next year (yes, four kids later, but better late than never right?) And of course are going to Disney World for our Honeymoon, we are super excited. We actually just came back from our very first trip to Disney a few weeks ago and cannot wait to be there for our honeymoon, i'm sure it's going to be awesome!!!

Looks like you guys had a great trip:goodvibes

Ok so today is Day #7 Saturday 5/2/09 Warm and Sunny weather

We woke up at 6:30am this morning to get ready to get to our ADR's at Kona Cafe for breakfast.

Being that early there was no wait for our ADRs. We order and our breakfast was quickly there. The food was excellent and service was very good as well.

Poly-Kona-02-Breakfast.jpg

After we finished we took a bus to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. We arrived a little before 9am and had to wait till most of the stores opened.

DTD-Todd-Buzz.jpg

DTD-Todd-Pirate.jpg

Couple pictures of me in front of World of Disney. After doing a little shopping there and at Pin Central we took a bus over to the Yacht and Beach Club. From there we walked through the international gateway to Epcot to finish seeing some things that we didn't get to see earlier in the trip.

Epcot-FG-01-Monorail.jpg

Epcot-FG-02.jpg

About 11:30am we got hungry so we decide to get something at the Electric Umbrella. Just your typical fast food. Once lunch was over we headed Norway to try to ride the Maelstrom again. Luckily this time we didn't have the ride breakdown on us! Yay!

I love the musical acts at Epcot, especially Off Kilter so it was off to catch a set of theirs. They were great as usual. And Jamie was even there!

Epcot-OK-01.jpg

Epcot-OK-02.jpg

Epcot-OK-03.jpg

Epcot-OK-04.jpg

Once they finished their set, we walked around World Showcase.

We caught an act in France. This guy was amazing balancing on these chairs.

Epcot-France-03.jpg

Next we stopped in Morocco to rest and catch Mo' Rockin! What a great performance.
I was going to pick up one of their CDs but I failed to do so. Big mistake.

Epcot-MoRockin-02.jpg

American Adventure was our next stop. Brandi loves the Voices of Liberty, and so do I so we watched one of their performance. After they were finished, one of the cast members came up to us and asked what my name was. I told him Todd Breaux. He said oh, Breaux family? you have a call come follow me. So we followed him into a small room at the entrance. He told Brandi to pick up the phone and dial a certain number. It was Minnie congratulating us on the wedding/honeymoon. Magical Moment. He then wrote our names on a magical moment certificate. Then he brought us next door to the Liberty Inn counter service restaruant. Then in a loud voice he introduced us to the other guests telling them of our recent marriage. Everyone clapped. Then he gave us one more treat, an apple pie for us to share. This cast member was great and spread a little pixie dust on our trip.

After this we went to the America Gardens Theater to catch Chubby Checker for the Flower Power Concert Series. He was very good and we enjoyed the show.

Epcot-FP-Checker-02.jpg

Epcot-FP-Checker-04.jpg

Epcot-FP-Checker-06.jpg

Epcot-FP-Checker-07.jpg

Epcot-FP-Checker-09.jpg

After the show it was time for us to get to Mexico for our ADR's at San Angel Inn at 6:15pm. We had a little time so we rode The Grand Fiesta Tour. Always a fun time but I miss Rio Del Tiempo. We were quickly seated and very quickly served. I think it was maybe 5 minutes after we ordered when we received our food.

Epcot-Cantina-02.jpg

I had to get a margarita.

Epcot-Cantina-03.jpg

From start to finish it took maybe 30 minutes. Not that they rushed us. It just took them only minutes to make our meal. The waiter was very friendly and the food was great.

We had time to wait before Illuminations were starting so we headed to the fountain of nations area to sit down and relax. We sat and people watched for about 1.5 hrs. AFter thinking about it, we should have walked over to Imagination but we didn't think about it. I think it was because we were tired.

Epcot-Fountain-Night-02.jpg

Epcot-Fountain-Night-07.jpg

Once Illuminations was over we took the monorail back to the Polynesian to rest up for our last day :(

So my next installement will be day #8, our last day

That little camera of yours takes mighty fine daylight pictures! Your framing is wonderful too :-)

Thanks for sharing, I love all the flowers. Seems like you too had a great time.

The more I am watching day after day your TR, the more I want to go to WDW again, if I could find a way to travel without having to take a plane and also finding the right time to have not much ppl o_O

Day #8 Sunday 5/3/09 warm and sunny

Well today is our last day. :( It's alway a bummer when you have to go home.

We wake up bright and early at 6am to get dressed and eat some breakfast at Captain Cook's before going to church at Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine.

By the time we pack it's 7:30am and we go to the Great Ceremonial House to do our Airline Check in. After checking in our luggage we eat a quick breakfast. Magical Express will pick us up 1:45pm for our 4:30pm flight back home.

One last photo in the atrium.

Poly-Atrium-Todd-Brandi.jpg

It's now 8:30am and we need to take a cab to make it to church on time for 9:30am mass. This is the second time we have gone to church here. It's about 20-25 minute ride that cost about $25. The church is very beautiful.
After church service is over, we take the cab straight to the Magic Kingdom. We only had a couple hours in the park before having to leave. So we stopped by Pecos Bill for a couple hamburgers loaded with all the fixins!

We also made a trip around Magic Kingdom on the Railroad. Brandi had never rode the train. Before we left I had to stop at the Confectionary to buy some chocolate chip cookies to bring home. I love those things!

Sadly it was time to return to the Polynesian to catch Magical Express.

Our flight left on time at 4:30pm from MCO. We had a layover in Atlanta and we finally arrived back in Lafayette at 9:15pm. We were a little worried about the weather in Altanta. There was a big thunderstorm that came in but by the time our layover was ending, so was the storm.

This was one our best trips ever. It will be difficult to top.

Thank you all for reading!

Stay tuned, my next trip may be in December 2009!

:wizard:

Yay! Great report.

It is sad to get to and end of one, though....but December 2009?? That's only 6 months away....exciting!

Checked my mailbox yesterday and was happy to see our Photopass CD had finally arrived. We had a total of 131 pictures.

By request here is a sample of some. I'm very glad we got this. Well worth the cost.

Image005.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image039.jpg

Image041.jpg

Image046.jpg

Image050.jpg

Image060.jpg

Image067.jpg

Image070.jpg

Image074.jpg

Image080.jpg

Image087.jpg

Image083.jpg

Image107.jpg

Image103.jpg

Image116.jpg

Image119.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter