MagicBand Accessories (with pictures!!)

We leave in 3 weeks. I am concerned about my 9 year old losing her magic band. If I purchase a cover band does that help keep the band on at all? Thanks, Lisa

Thinking about it further, you can also use MagicSliders to help prevent loss. Fit the MagicSlider on the band and then fit the band on the child. Slide the MagicSlider down so it is covering both layers of the band and keeping them together

Hope that makes sense!!

I have not seen Monsters Inc., Stitch, Marvel, Star Wars or Winnie The Pooh

But it's early so I am sure more will come out soon!

If the have Pooh ones, I am SO replacing my current decorations :)

DON'T BUY the magicbandits! They pop out really, really easily and are lost. It is a terrible design. I thought they were so cute, so I bought some, and an hour later I had already lost one, and two hours later I had lost two. I wasn't being rough with my band or anything, they just don't stay in well and just come right out.

I ended up taking what was left of my magicbandit set back, and getting my money back. The CM at the check out counter said that they've been processing lots of returns because of loss, and receiving lots of complaints too.

Stick with the sliders, they won't get lost!

DON'T BUY the magicbandits! They pop out really, really easily and are lost. It is a terrible design. I thought they were so cute, so I bought some, and an hour later I had already lost one, and two hours later I had lost two. I wasn't being rough with my band or anything, they just don't stay in well and just come right out.

I ended up taking what was left of my magicbandit set back, and getting my money back. The CM at the check out counter said that they've been processing lots of returns because of loss, and receiving lots of complaints too.

I agree! We bought 2 packs that had a total of 7 magicbandits. We split them between the 3 people in our party. At the end of our trip we had 1 lonely magicbandit left.

I am so mad that I did not receive a 2013 slider for my magic band. We stayed at POR for one night then 3 nights at the Poly. No one at either resort offered them to me and I had issues at each one so I was at the counter a pretty long time. :mad:

Thanks! I'd heard someone say that about the bandits getting lost easily but was not sure about the sliders. Think I'll get some now :)

Yes the magic bandit are lost very easily. My mom bought a set of four and lost three within a day or two. Disney needs to have these redesigned.

Thinking about it further, you can also use MagicSliders to help prevent loss. Fit the MagicSlider on the band and then fit the band on the child. Slide the MagicSlider down so it is covering both layers of the band and keeping them together

Hope that makes sense!!

It makes sense but is the slider deep enough to go over double strap?

Also curious if anyone has seen any personalization of the bands with components not sold by Disney? Like a tie or lapel pin, would that work on the holes in the band. Is it possible to put a pin directly into the band or would that damage it. Like somewhere along the band other than the top? I would like to adorn mine with some stuff from my favorite sports teams.

I am so mad that I did not receive a 2013 slider for my magic band. We stayed at POR for one night then 3 nights at the Poly. No one at either resort offered them to me and I had issues at each one so I was at the counter a pretty long time. :mad:

its funny how they almost promote you to be a gimme gimme. "hey you got anything i should be asking you for?"

lots of things are "just ask" but if you don't know to ask then you get nothing.

My wife and i had our honeymoon at WDW a few moons ago. We stayed for a couple weeks so we could try just about everything. We had dinner at all the character things I suppose. About half way through the trip someone at one of the places gave us glass mugs that were stenciled with the restaurant/character name and said we could keep 'em. We thanks the waiter/waitress and they said- "just ask" at any of the character restaurants with your membership/annual passes/package/hotel/forget what you can just have them for free. We wont up with a decent sized mixed set from liberty tree, tony's town square, etc, etc

we didn't even know to ask.

my little one loves tink. I see they have tink bandits.

In another thread someone posted they were thinking about using a dab of crazy glue to hold them in.

that seem crazy from anyone that's actually used the things?

My fiancee and I lost our Bandits just two days after we purchased them. They fell off when touring the parks. So frustrated that we flushed $9 down the drain!

my little one loves tink. I see they have tink bandits.

In another thread someone posted they were thinking about using a dab of crazy glue to hold them in.

that seem crazy from anyone that's actually used the things?

I think a dot of Crazy Glue would probably work... Another thought is a dot of Tacky Glue on the flared peg end after the MagicBandit is popped through the hole might make it so it won't pop out...

I wonder if an iron would get hot enough to flatten the flared peg after it's popped through the hole like a rivet...?

It is pretty stretchy, so it should fit snugly over the double-layer

I'll try it and let you all know

Here you go -- it was remarkably easy to get it over the 2 straps but because of the stretchy texture it felt like it was held securely in place

JWWAjUg.jpg

Here you go -- it was remarkably easy to get it over the 2 straps but because of the stretchy texture it felt like it was held securely in place

Cool! This would definitely help anyone who is worried about losing theirs by their magic band falling off. Looks secure! ;) I like the look of these sliders better than the ginormous Mickey slider with the cutout. That's too big I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter