MagicBand and upcoming trip

dledger

Mouseketeer
Our trip is the first week of May. I was hoping by then Magic Band+ would be available. How long would you wait to order pre arrival MB to see if they are released? Am I too hopeful?

If you open you MDE account, it will tell you how long you're eligible to purchase your MBs. Although many are waiting, it's been many months since MB+ was announced and still no official release date has been announced.

If you open you MDE account, it will tell you how long you're eligible to purchase your MBs. Although many are waiting, it's been many months since MB+ was announced and still no official release date has been announced.
Yeah I know it has the date in there. Guess I’m just wondering if anyone else is hopeful it’ll be released before May or not. ☺️

Yeah I know it has the date in there. Guess I’m just wondering if anyone else is hopeful it’ll be released before May or not. ☺
Yep! Many are hopeful it’ll be released before May.

Yeah I know it has the date in there. Guess I’m just wondering if anyone else is hopeful it’ll be released before May or not. ☺
imo buy a set of the cheap 10$ ones than if the Magicband+ comes out in time than atleast you didnt waste alot of cash. Or dont order a magic band use your phone/ticket and buy a magic band at your first park or disney springs.

There is a lot of speculation but no hard evidence. They have put up sensors on 50th anniversary statues to accomodate the mb+ but still no release date. One persons speculation is as good as another but my guess would be that they will be available by Memorial day. Even if not regular and mb+ would be available in park for purchase, they will be more expensive than a preorder but then you would still have them available if it is available during your stay. If you prefer to preorder, I would just mark your magic band date on your calendar and make that your order date for whatever is available at that time.

also the whole pitch for these bands was to interact with the 50th stuff and well that end at the end of 2022 so def before that heh.

also the whole pitch for these bands was to interact with the 50th stuff and well that end at the end of 2022 so def before that heh.
The 50th Celebration runs for 18 months, so runs through the end of March 2023.

imo buy a set of the cheap 10$ ones than if the Magicband+ comes out in time than atleast you didnt waste alot of cash. Or dont order a magic band use your phone/ticket and buy a magic band at your first park or disney springs.
Will the current ones still work once the MagicBand+ comes out? I ordered the current ones for my May trip and don’t care about the new ones. I’ll will use then one I just ordered as long as I am still able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter