MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

I mean obviously they were not settlers of Catan. The old card game was at WDW and was called sorcerers of magic. Haven’t seen anything that suggest the new band will be anything comparable.
I really hope they eventually integrate something like sorcerers again. We loved that game, that and the pirate treasure maps took up a couple days of our trips for a few years.

I really hope it's before then... if they debut on Memorial Day it's just in time for me to have left the day before. but that would be typical of my luck. I did not know the Sorcerer's game was gone, and did not know that GE bounty hunting isn't available yet and will be tied to the MB+. I had been looking forward to both; I'm severely disabled and those interactive games are one of the few really fun things I can do without having to get into a ride vehicle.

I really hope it's before then... if they debut on Memorial Day it's just in time for me to have left the day before. but that would be typical of my luck. I did not know the Sorcerer's game was gone, and did not know that GE bounty hunting isn't available yet and will be tied to the MB+. I had been looking forward to both; I'm severely disabled and those interactive games are one of the few really fun things I can do without having to get into a ride vehicle.
The sorcerer's game have been gone since befor covid. But if you have the play app there is the activities on there for GE. Turning on sounds and unlocking panels and scanning boxes, hacking crates.

It is unfortunate that it's gone. My kids always ask about that and the agent P/Kimpossible Epcot one- it was so easy for them to have a passive thing that took no cast members and simply occupied random people.

It is unfortunate that it's gone. My kids always ask about that and the agent P/Kimpossible Epcot one- it was so easy for them to have a passive thing that took no cast members and simply occupied random people.
The play app has lots of things the kids can do

My kids love the pirates of the Caribbean hunt, which they discovered last year.

When they were little they really liked wilderness explorer.

We are no longer about the rides- we just like to be there, and my kids are into the pin trading, too.

They will love the new magic bands…. Curious when we can purchase for our pre arrival in June

Last edited:
Yes, but my kids don't enjoy them as much. They came out with something awesome then quietly replaced it with games that aren't our style and eat our phone battery.

Yeah, the play app is pretty useless. It might be fun to make things light up or open a crate... if you're 3 years old. I'm 40 lol. I liked the scavenger hunt games that took you throughout the park. I'm honestly gutted to know Sorcerers is gone. I'd never gotten a real chance to play because my sister wasn't interested, and thought I'd finally get to do it this year. :(

Yeah, the play app is pretty useless. It might be fun to make things light up or open a crate... if you're 3 years old. I'm 40 lol. I liked the scavenger hunt games that took you throughout the park. I'm honestly gutted to know Sorcerers is gone. I'd never gotten a real chance to play because my sister wasn't interested, and thought I'd finally get to do it this year. :(
My son who was 12 enjoyed the GE play app stuff. Had us going around finding different things. Is the pirate treasure hunt I'm mk back? That's also fun. I mean saying your 40 than also saying you wanted to play the magic card game don't really match up. Either you like fun kid like stuff or not. It's Disney after all.

My son who was 12 enjoyed the GE play app stuff. Had us going around finding different things. Is the pirate treasure hunt I'm mk back? That's also fun. I mean saying your 40 than also saying you wanted to play the magic card game don't really match up. Either you like fun kid like stuff or not. It's Disney after all.

A scavenger hunt game that takes you around the World Showcase or a card-based spell game is a very different thing from "look, something just sparkled while we wait in this line!" I don't care about app-based games that are designed to pass time while in a particular attraction's queue. I won't be waiting in most of the queues anyway, even if I wanted to play those games. If I were going to keep my nose in my phone, I already have a dozen much more entertaining apps. That's the entire problem, I don't want to be staring at my phone's screen at Disney World.

A scavenger hunt game that takes you around the World Showcase or a card-based spell game is a very different thing from "look, something just sparkled while we wait in this line!" I don't care about app-based games that are designed to pass time while in a particular attraction's queue. I won't be waiting in most of the queues anyway, even if I wanted to play those games. If I were going to keep my nose in my phone, I already have a dozen much more entertaining apps. That's the entire problem, I don't want to be staring at my phone's screen at Disney World.
That's not what I'm talking about... The GE stuff is not a line waster. You go around the land doing quests. And doin the quests unlocks sounds and events around the land.

Pirate hunt is alive and kicking at Caribbean area in MK…. There were ?? 4-5 treasure maps all with different storylines. My kids kept finishing one map and wanting to go back to try a different map — September 2021 trip :)

Very excited for the magic bands+

Pirate hunt is alive and kicking at Caribbean area in MK…. There were ?? 4-5 treasure maps all with different storylines. My kids kept finishing one map and wanting to go back to try a different map — September 2021 trip :)

Very excited for the magic bands+
I'm glad to hear that! It kept being closed earlier in the year when we were trying to get new maps and they had some of the locations blocked by line rides.

That's not what I'm talking about... The GE stuff is not a line waster. You go around the land doing quests. And doin the quests unlocks sounds and events around the land.
Okay, I'll bite- what do you have to do to unlock these things that are actually entertaining? Last spring we found the sort of quest in Pandora that was super glitchy and wasn't working but didn't actually interact with anything in the land other than knowing whether or not we had gone on the river ride.

Did they add something that is actually functional in the other parks? I opened my play app while I was reading yesterday and didn't find anything that looked like it would be interactive besides the games you play while in line and all of my achievements for having gone on the rides.

Summer is pretty darn close. I wonder why they're avoiding a specific launch date - perhaps still working out bugs?
I think they don't want to tell us the exact launch time, because they want people to keep ordering the rest of the (regular) MagicBands to clear out the inventory. They know a good amount of those orders will stop, if we know the release is before our next trip!

Okay, I'll bite- what do you have to do to unlock these things that are actually entertaining? Last spring we found the sort of quest in Pandora that was super glitchy and wasn't working but didn't actually interact with anything in the land other than knowing whether or not we had gone on the river ride.

Did they add something that is actually functional in the other parks? I opened my play app while I was reading yesterday and didn't find anything that looked like it would be interactive besides the games you play while in line and all of my achievements for having gone on the rides.
The GE app won't open unless your in the area. They have puzzles on the app to hack doors. You also can take other missions. My son liked the hacking the most. He would find the loudest ones and set them off. We also got to translate alot of the cargo around savis. It's a whole thing. Think mini starcruser missions.

The GE app won't open unless your in the area. They have puzzles on the app to hack doors. You also can take other missions. My son liked the hacking the most. He would find the loudest ones and set them off. We also got to translate alot of the cargo around savis. It's a whole thing. Think mini starcruser missions.
So it's Pandora and Galaxy's edge?

So it's Pandora and Galaxy's edge?

It still amounts to "walk up to one specific object and then stand there playing a game on your phone" and if I'm gonna do that, I've got better apps for it lol.

I'll check out the pirate thing but it also sounds like it's limited to just the small area around one single ride, PotC. Even if it were limited to the entirety of Adventureland that's still a major step down from the old games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter