MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

Well that is annoying. They better honor the same price if it is their fault the MBs didn't arrive on time! I leave in a little over 2wks and mine haven't shipped yet either. I assumed they would have by now so am starting to get concerned. I called today and was told I would for sure receive them before we leave and that the CM I spoke to would "watch my order". Not sure what that means, but I hope she's right.
They should honor the price, you may have to ask, I did. They did not volunteer that they would credit back the $10 difference if you bought a replacement band on property. You will have to pay the regular price then they will refund the $10 at the front desk. They did refund the cost of the MagicBand+ and I will still receive it and have it for a future visit, so I’m happy with how it was handled.

This is definitely inconvenient, but I am glad to see there is some sort of recovery.

Do you have an AP or DVC membership? I wonder if you can stack the 20% merchandise discount with the $10 pre-arrival price savings 🤑
I do not. I’m happy with how it was handled.

I do not. I’m happy with how it was handled.
Glad you are satisfied! I would have been as well. Free MB+ and the option to pick up another for the same pre-arrival price. It's annoying you had to ask about the $10 and that you wouldn't have them fully charged on day 1, but at least you were made whole financially.

I imagine this would be a lot more difficult explaining to a child that wanted to play Batuu Bounty Hunters with a 50% charged retail band purchased after checking-in.

Ordered at 5am on the 27th, arrive on 20th to S/D for 3 days before moving to AKL. Still "in process", credit card hasn't been charged (had pending initially), still showing home address. Will try contacting them tomorrow, but not feeling very hopeful.

So, we are on our way home from our almost 2 week stay in Disney. We purchased MagicBand+ for our two kids. They seemed to enjoy them… when you scan into the park, they gave off a special glow. If you walked close enough to a Gold Statue, the band vibrates to let you know one is close, which was cool. The statues were kind of annoying, though. My kids felt stupid constantly waiving their arms around waiting for them to react. A couple times we actually walked away because it just wasn’t working. However, DS got a kick out of them when they did finally respond. The band synched up perfectly to Harmonious, colors and everything. We did not stick around for Enchantment any night, so can’t comment on that. We did forget to charge the bands at one point, and they went 2 days without any special effects, but the band itself still worked. Overall, it’s cute for kids, but not something I feel I’d need to have personally. Enjoy!

So, we are on our way home from our almost 2 week stay in Disney. We purchased MagicBand+ for our two kids. They seemed to enjoy them… when you scan into the park, they gave off a special glow. If you walked close enough to a Gold Statue, the band vibrates to let you know one is close, which was cool. The statues were kind of annoying, though. My kids felt stupid constantly waiving their arms around waiting for them to react. A couple times we actually walked away because it just wasn’t working. However, DS got a kick out of them when they did finally respond. The band synched up perfectly to Harmonious, colors and everything. We don’t stick around for Enchantment any night, so can’t comment on that. We did forget to charge the bands at one point, and they went 2 days without any special effects, but the band itself still worked. Overall, it’s cute for kids, but not something I feel I’d need to have personally. Enjoy!
This was our experience as well. We’d be walking through the parks and get a random vibration or lights and then try to figure out what the band was reacting to. There were long lines at the Bounty Hunter games, and people were confused how to make it work and would be touching and waving and nothing would happen, while the people waiting would be getting antsy because the people at the game were taking so long. We saw so many people stop and wave at a statue, then pause, then do it again, then pause, then start frantically waving their hands around. That was rather amusing. We weren’t impressed, but we’re probably not the target demographic either - mom and college-aged son. Naturally mine didn’t arrive in time, so I was given a voucher to get two. My ordered ones shipped yesterday, so now I’ll have four of these that I won’t likely use for their intended purposes.

So, we are on our way home from our almost 2 week stay in Disney. We purchased MagicBand+ for our two kids. They seemed to enjoy them… when you scan into the park, they gave off a special glow. If you walked close enough to a Gold Statue, the band vibrates to let you know one is close, which was cool. The statues were kind of annoying, though. My kids felt stupid constantly waiving their arms around waiting for them to react. A couple times we actually walked away because it just wasn’t working. However, DS got a kick out of them when they did finally respond. The band synched up perfectly to Harmonious, colors and everything. We did not stick around for Enchantment any night, so can’t comment on that. We did forget to charge the bands at one point, and they went 2 days without any special effects, but the band itself still worked. Overall, it’s cute for kids, but not something I feel I’d need to have personally. Enjoy!
Thanks for your post!

This was our experience as well. We’d be walking through the parks and get a random vibration or lights and then try to figure out what the band was reacting to. There were long lines at the Bounty Hunter games, and people were confused how to make it work and would be touching and waving and nothing would happen, while the people waiting would be getting antsy because the people at the game were taking so long. We saw so many people stop and wave at a statue, then pause, then do it again, then pause, then start frantically waving their hands around. That was rather amusing. We weren’t impressed, but we’re probably not the target demographic either - mom and college-aged son. Naturally mine didn’t arrive in time, so I was given a voucher to get two. My ordered ones shipped yesterday, so now I’ll have four of these that I won’t likely use for their intended purposes.
Interesting. It would be nice if Disney gave some clarification on exactly what you need to do when you approach a statue to engage it...

I placed my order August 3. On MDE I still get a message that the order is "processing." Is this standard?
Also, by the way, the account somehow gives my late mother's name! I sent an email immediately about this, and received a response that it was corrected. But on the website, it still says for account name "Mildred+Maltzman"!

Three MagicBand+ bands ordered on July 27th. Order acknowledged with email confirmation and money taken from account. Four days later, money refunded with no explanation, MDE still says order is being processed. I have heard that MagicBand+ are not available to anyone outside of US, we live in Canada. There has never been a problem before ordering from Canada, we just pick up bands at front desk. Does this mean our order is cancelled? Will we be able to order later? We don't go until January 2023 so still have some time to do something. Very few choices available on ShopDisney so we cannot go that route. Any suggestions or explanations on what is going on.

Three MagicBand+ bands ordered on July 27th. Order acknowledged with email confirmation and money taken from account. Four days later, money refunded with no explanation, MDE still says order is being processed. I have heard that MagicBand+ are not available to anyone outside of US, we live in Canada. There has never been a problem before ordering from Canada, we just pick up bands at front desk. Does this mean our order is cancelled? Will we be able to order later? We don't go until January 2023 so still have some time to do something. Very few choices available on ShopDisney so we cannot go that route. Any suggestions or explanations on what is going on.
they never took money from your account. It was a pending charge. MDE or shop disney do not charge unless the band was shipped.

everyone here that ordered the bands had a pending charge for days that dropped off

Does that mean I am still getting the bands? That would be great.
If you go back to the MagicBands and Cards page on the MDE website, do you see a "Order History" button? If you do, click that and it should show the MB order.

I've done this twice due to having to reschedule a trip. The first time, I just had a pending charge and since we cancelled it just went away and we were never charged.

We are going there now soon though and just got a legit charge to my card (ordered July 27th)

I called today to ask why after 9 days my order is still "processing." I was transferred to the tech department.
I explained that my Disney resort stay starts September 11, but I am arriving September 6 and need the band by then.
The tech person told me she couldn't "guarantee" it would arrive, but there's a chance, and if it doesn't ship I should call and they'll send it to the desk. I mentioned again about my arrival date. Same answer: no "guarantee," call, pick up at desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter