MagicBand Interactions/Sounds

trackie

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this...I looked but couldn't find anything.

So my mom, sister, and I received our MagicBands in the mail last week. On the reservations, my sister was listed as Mrs. instead of Miss. My mom called to change the mistake and the Cast Member on the phone told her that we were given the "new" MagicBands that make noises when held Mickey to Mickey and also interact with rides/queues/surroundings. The Cast Member told my mom that these types of MagicBands are given out randomly.

Has anyone had any experiences with these "new" MagicBands? What are some of the interactions you've had/sounds heard? Thanks!!

Well the new magic bands are thinner and a little lighter than the old magic bands. But as far as sounds, I've only heard of limited edition bands making unique sounds when scanned

If your MBs have BB-8 on them, they're the Awaken Summer LE & what the CM said was true. We should have reports of how they work soon, since the first booking date for that promotion is 6/12.

If not, the CM did not give you correct information & your bands will do nothing special. There are no "new bands" that are "given out randomly."

I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this...I looked but couldn't find anything.

So my mom, sister, and I received our MagicBands in the mail last week. On the reservations, my sister was listed as Mrs. instead of Miss. My mom called to change the mistake and the Cast Member on the phone told her that we were given the "new" MagicBands that make noises when held Mickey to Mickey and also interact with rides/queues/surroundings. The Cast Member told my mom that these types of MagicBands are given out randomly.

Has anyone had any experiences with these "new" MagicBands? What are some of the interactions you've had/sounds heard? Thanks!!
FYI - All bands issued by Disney do this now. Not those you buy and link to MDE yourself but any sent in relation to your Resort reservation do this. Matter of fact, other than the BB8 bands (I assume they do) the LE bands that makes special sounds won't interact with the queues. I have the Valentine band and it doesn't do anything with the personalized queues. But my ones that Disney sent me do

FYI - All bands issued by Disney do this now. Not those you buy and link to MDE yourself but any sent in relation to your Resort reservation do this. Matter of fact, other than the BB8 bands (I assume they do) the LE bands that makes special sounds won't interact with the queues. I have the Valentine band and it doesn't do anything with the personalized queues. But my ones that Disney sent me do
Do you mean the screens with name/town/ect (Space,Small World/Everest/HM) by personalized queues? Because I wore LE bands our entire trip & I got lots of them. All the ones that were supposed to interact with the FP+ touch point make the lights/sounds too - the MNSSHP band made it's special lights/sound when scanning in at Mine Train, the HS ones did their thing at Tot and so forth. The Valentine's ones don't do FP+ sounds, only entry gates but they work fine for the StoryMaker or whatever they call the personalized screens...it happens that was the one I wore the most this past trip, lol!

The only interaction I know of that's random (and it works for all Magicbands) is the FP+ touch point at HM will sometimes howl although I've never heard it myself. As a PP mentioned, if you got the BB-8 bands - they're supposed to play different sounds at each park but don't know exactly what right now since the first travel date was 5/30 & no one has posted video anywhere yet. Almost all of the LE bands make lights/sounds somewhere, magicbandcollectors.com has videos of them & a good listing.

Do you mean the screens with name/town/ect (Space,Small World/Everest/HM) by personalized queues? Because I wore LE bands our entire trip & I got lots of them. All the ones that were supposed to interact with the FP+ touch point make the lights/sounds too - the MNSSHP band made it's special lights/sound when scanning in at Mine Train, the HS ones did their thing at Tot and so forth. The Valentine's ones don't do FP+ sounds, only entry gates but they work fine for the StoryMaker or whatever they call the personalized screens...it happens that was the one I wore the most this past trip, lol!

Any band will work for Small world. It doesn't have to be a limited edition band. And aside from it's a small world, I haven't seen or heard any other rides yet that pull up MDE info from the magic bands. Space, Everest, and haunted mansion have stuff now that you've seen?

Any band will work for Small world. It doesn't have to be a limited edition band. And aside from it's a small world, I haven't seen or heard any other rides yet that pull up MDE info from the magic bands. Space, Everest, and haunted mansion have stuff now that you've seen?
Yeah, give me a minute & I'll add some pics

The only interaction I know of that's random (and it works for all Magicbands) is the FP+ touch point at HM will sometimes howl although I've never heard it myself.

Actually, if you have a LE HM band, it'll do it every time you scan it. My DS7 has a LE HM band and it triggered the sound every time he scanned it. The CM said it's random for the others but his will always trigger it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg [ image.jpeg Y=][/GALLERY]

Nobody got a pic of the Haunted Mansion but we got one with home state info & one that took a ride pic for display (but still no photopass :( ) but that's Everest, RnR & Space

Last edited:
Actually, if you have a LE HM band, it'll do it every time you scan it. My DS7 has a LE HM band and it triggered the sound every time he scanned it. The CM said it's random for the others but his will always trigger it.
Oh, cool! I have purple & my husband has grey but we never wore them this past trip - we were mostly playing with the fun colored Mickey lights some make, lol!

This one was especially funny because my 19 month old wasn't even on RnR but her band was in my bag, lol...image.jpeg

They did not work for my Valentine Band, DD's custom made band, DGD's Elsa band or my Mom's Cinderella band.
They did work with all of our band issued for our resort stay. Tested this on the same trip, same day. I had been at Disney about 3 weeks before with DH and I and I never saw our names on the displays on any ride and someone told me it could be the LE/or self purchased bands. So next trip I brought both and sure enough, the only time we got names displayed was if we wore the plain bands.

Yes, Small World, Everest and RnR are the only 3 we've seen them in.

Can't be any band. It has to be random because none of our LE or custom bands worked at Small World. That was the first one I knew for sure was working but not for us.

Can't be any band. It has to be random because none of our LE or custom bands worked at Small World. That was the first one I knew for sure was working but not for us.

It appears that the features don't work 100% all the time

This one was especially funny because my 19 month old wasn't even on RnR but her band was in my bag, lol...View attachment 173695
When DH and I went back last month we had this happen too. We had DD and DGD's bands in our pockets to use their FP and at Everest their names came up on the signs, along with our home town. I should have taken a picture to send to them since they were home. But the line didn't stop and it annoys me when folks stop to take photos so I kept on moving. DH and I are back again next week. We'll have their bands again and if their names come up I'm stopping this time

It appears that the features don't work 100% all the time
They did with our standard issue bands. Every ride we did with the displays had our names as long as we wore the plain bands. I guess the LE bands are random

They did not work for my Valentine Band, DD's custom made band, DGD's Elsa band or my Mom's Cinderella band.
They did work with all of our band issued for our resort stay. Tested this on the same trip, same day. I had been at Disney about 3 weeks before with DH and I and I never saw our names on the displays on any ride and someone told me it could be the LE/or self purchased bands. So next trip I brought both and sure enough, the only time we got names displayed was if we wore the plain bands.

Yes, Small World, Everest and RnR are the only 3 we've seen them in.
I posted one from Space Mountain & although I don't have a pic, the one from Haunted Mansion has been posted online that I've seen (prob wdwmagic or magicbandcollectors) so that's 2 more. Any band that's linked to your account will work for the screens but it's based on the long range RFID chips so if it's busy, you're less likely to see yourself...it was hit or miss if it was crowded but if we were alone near the screen, it worked great (even with the Valentine's band) but I rarely saw myself when it was busy -we were in 2 buggies with only a CM on HM, alone in the foyer of RnR FP+, in an empty boat for Small World, ect for the ones I took pics of so it helps a LOT if your band is one of the only RFIDs nearby!

Last edited:
When DH and I went back last month we had this happen too. We had DD and DGD's bands in our pockets to use their FP and at Everest their names came up on the signs, along with our home town. I should have taken a picture to send to them since they were home. But the line didn't stop and it annoys me when folks stop to take photos so I kept on moving. DH and I are back again next week. We'll have their bands again and if their names come up I'm stopping this time
I just squished against the rail & let anyone who came up past but that was by far the hardest one to get a picture of - there's NO room & it's practically ON the ride, lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter