Magicband+ keychain or other options?

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
We leave in less than a week. I decided to try wearing my MB+ around to see what I think and I'm pretty sure I'm not a fan. I found some nice options on Etsy for putting the puck into a keychain. But nothing would arrive in time.

Do any of the parks sell anything else to put the puck in for MB+ or not? I have a feeling I'm going to end up just putting it in my fanny pack and pulling it out to scan into rides for Genie+/LL/DAS if there aren't other options out there.

Any thoughts/ideas are appreciated. I think I'll probably order something from Etsy before our next trip!

They don't sell the keychain/fob thing that they did for MB2. If you leave it in your purse on rides, the photo detection stuff may not pick it up, especially if it's a big purse or deep in the bag. It seems like just using an MB2 would be a better option. It would only have to be newish for ride photos.

We purchased MagicBand+ since we plan to use them at Disneyland as well. They don't use any other version.

I have an old pin trading lanyard and just looped the MB+ watch strap through it so I think that will work for my upcoming trip, even though it looks dumb. But since Disney doesn't sell any options...looks like I'll have to do Etsy after all.

Thanks.

Do you have a flat strap watch that you wouldn’t mind wearing? Amazon can deliver this option in 3 days:
IMG_0623.jpeg
Note: there is a difference in the white color looking options, this one is ‘water’ and more transparent

I’m not a fan of the Magicband+ either. Just doesn’t fit me right, at all. There is a HUGE difference between MB2 and MB+ yet people love to argue that it is not possible, lol. Don’t be surprised if they pop up in this conversation 🤣

I've never had a MB before so I can't compare. And I saw that on amazon but don't really have a strap it would work on, unfortunately. I think the MB+ would be fine if my wrist was wider across, maybe. (I'm not a thin person, by any means, but I guess I have thinner wrists?? Ha!) I have sensory issues though so I don't usually wear any kind of watch at all. I tried it on when it first arrived and it seemed okay which is why I didn't really go looking for other options. But yesterday I decided to wear it for a longer amount of time and yeah...not great. I did cut some excess off the strap and that might help a little but we'll see, I guess.

I'm also concerned my son won't want to wear his at all. We were really looking forward to using them for DAS returns instead of me having to scroll through bar codes all the time like we did on our last 2 trips at DLR.

I'm a bit bummed because I was super excited about the Orange Bird band I got. But you can see how it's basically wider than my wrist. I tried tightening it but that was worse. I'm sure most normal people aren't bothered by this at all. But I'm anything but normal! :laughing:

MB1.jpgMB2.jpg

So here's my kind of dumb looking backup if the band drives me too crazy next week. It's not great but it should work out okay. I'm not sure how low the scanners are though so perhaps it won't work without bending down a lot. Thankfully, I'm well past the age of caring how I look while in a theme park.

MB3.jpg

I'm a bit bummed because I was super excited about the Orange Bird band I got. But you can see how it's basically wider than my wrist. I tried tightening it but that was worse. I'm sure most normal people aren't bothered by this at all. But I'm anything but normal! :laughing:

View attachment 826069View attachment 826070

So here's my kind of dumb looking backup if the band drives me too crazy next week. It's not great but it should work out okay. I'm not sure how low the scanners are though so perhaps it won't work without bending down a lot. Thankfully, I'm well past the age of caring how I look while in a theme park.

View attachment 826071
If that’s the size of the lanyard I’ve used in the past, it will work just fine. You might have to bend over a little bit to tap, but it won’t be much. I used a lanyard for several years with my MBs, until I got the puck holder for my watchband, and my DH still uses one. Just be sure to keep it outside your sweater or jacket when on rides with photos - mine had trouble linking photos when it was buried under multiple layers!

View attachment 826071
That’s a great idea! And it looks like you have a “keeper” on the strap. I was going to recommend that, for some reason the MB+ seem to have issues with popping off. Mine did and it (MB+, not the keeper) never seemed to function right, so I went back to using my regular MB. Looking forward to hearing how your trip goes!

View attachment 826071

Do you know you can also ask for a regular old fashioned card to use? You don’t even need to worry about a MB at all. You’d have to tap the cars for photo spots & the statues won’t interact with just the card. But if you don’t care about those things, the card will work just fine.

Do you know you can also ask for a regular old fashioned card to use? You don’t even need to worry about a MB at all. You’d have to tap the cars for photo spots & the statues won’t interact with just the card. But if you don’t care about those things, the card will work just fine.
I purchased my Pixie Dust AP last week and asked for the card. It works just fine for my use.

View attachment 826071

I know the feeling. I have very small wrists. However, I am use to wearing the smallest size Apple watch and the MB+ doesn't bother me too much. I do wear it on a separate wrist from the watch and keep it a little loose; I don't like things to be tight on my wrist. I hope this works. It's a really cute MB+.

I purchased my Pixie Dust AP last week and asked for the card. It works just fine for my use.

the card can be used to scan into rides with our DAS returns? That's honestly the main reason we wanted MBs for our trips.

the card can be used to scan into rides with our DAS returns? That's honestly the main reason we wanted MBs for our trips.

Cards can be used as your admission, genie+ return & room key. They link to your MDE account just like Magic Bands do. I don’t use DAS but cards work for everything else, so I‘m sure they will. Not everyone buys Magic Bands.

I injured my wrist shortly before my trip last year, so I was unable to wear my MB+ on my wrist (I was wearing a Fitbit on the other wrist). I purchased a retractable carabiner keychain/badge holder through Amazon. I fastened my MB+ through the keychain hoop and attached the carabiner to a buckle in my backpack. It may have looked stupid, but it worked and I didn’t have to dig around to find the MB+. Because it was retractable, I didn’t have to bend over every time I scanned the band.

My family wore the MB when the first camp out when they were kids. As they got older my sons would stick them in their pockets. The Last couple trips they use the KTWC/room card or the APP on their phones.

I will be there with a friend next month. I plan just to use my room card. I too do not like something on my wrist.

😎✨💫👍🏻💫✨

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter