MagicBand+ Pairing Issue

ashaway12

Earning My Ears
Good morning, I am trying to pair my MagicBand+ that I have used previously in Walt Disney World for our upcoming Disneyland trip. I deactivated them on the Disney World app. I keep getting an error that says "Something Went Wrong. We're unable to load your details. Please try again ." We have already paid for our vacation package with the Disneyland hotel and 3 day park hopper passes but my understanding is that the tickets will not be on my phone app until a few days before we arrive. Do I need to wait until those tickets are loaded on my app to link the MagicBand+? I also reset the MagicBands per the Disney website and that didn't work either.

Thanks!

I never had to deactivate ours. We have them available in MDE, DCL, and DLR apps. We didn’t do a package though. I bought tickets through the app. I would wait until they show up. If you still can’t link them, you are probably going to need to talk to a CM anyway.

Good morning, I am trying to pair my MagicBand+ that I have used previously in Walt Disney World for our upcoming Disneyland trip. I deactivated them on the Disney World app. I keep getting an error that says "Something Went Wrong. We're unable to load your details. Please try again ." We have already paid for our vacation package with the Disneyland hotel and 3 day park hopper passes but my understanding is that the tickets will not be on my phone app until a few days before we arrive. Do I need to wait until those tickets are loaded on my app to link the MagicBand+? I also reset the MagicBands per the Disney website and that didn't work either.

Thanks!
Reach out to Disneyland IT support. I had to do that back when MB+ launched at Disneyland to get it to connect.

If you have multiple tickets, for DLR needs MB+ to link to a specific ticket on the app itself.
Yes, that’s important to understand. You can “pair” with the app/phone to use the Bluetooth enabled experiences at Disneyland (like that game in Galaxy’s Edge). But for tickets (both park entrance and Lightning Lanes) you link it directly to the ticket using the NFC capability of your phone. It isn’t linked to your “account” per se at DL like it is at WDW.

Yes, that’s important to understand. You can “pair” with the app/phone to use the Bluetooth enabled experiences at Disneyland (like that game in Galaxy’s Edge). But for tickets (both park entrance and Lightning Lanes) you link it directly to the ticket using the NFC capability of your phone. It isn’t linked to your “account” per se at DL like it is at WDW.
So that means even if you have a Disney account, you can't link the MB+ to your Disneyland reservations until the tickets are issued?

So that means even if you have a Disney account, you can't link the MB+ to your Disneyland reservations until the tickets are issued?
Yes, for the purposes of entering the park and using LL’s, you have to wait until the tickets appear in your app to link them to your MB+. You don’t link your “account” or “reservation”, just individual tickets.

Yes, for the purposes of entering the park and using LL’s, you have to wait until the tickets appear in your app to link them to your MB+. You don’t link your “account” or “reservation”, just individual tickets.
Most use the terms interchangeably, but I'll add too that a band can be a "linked" to an account, but "assigned" to another. So for instance right now I have three bands linked to my account, but assigned to different people for admission. That's the part that matters for admission and requires the tickets (no matter what type of ticket media) to be available in/added to the app.

Last edited:
I used the chat feature on the Disneyland app and they were able to get me all squared away. Thanks everyone for your help!

Most use the terms interchangeably, but I'll add too that a band can be a "linked" to an account, but "assigned" to another. So for instance right now I have three bands linked to my account, but assigned to different people for admission. That's the part that matters for admission and requires the tickets (no matter what type of ticket media) to be available in/added to the app.
Yeah, it's very different from MDE for WDW.

eg: we use a single DLR app signin for the entire family to consolidate all the tickets and MB+.

MDE WDW goes by people and then link multiple ITOT to individual persons -- there's an internal 'priority list' to use each ticket on MDE and need care if you have a lot of old tickets.

DLR App goes by the MB+ and link individual ticket/passes to it. -- much more 1:1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter