• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magicbands for split stay

stinksmom

Friends are the family you choose....
We are heading to DW in August and have a split stay - Poly and Boardwalk. Can't wait! I've customized our bands for the first reservation (Poly). Do we have to get MagicBands for the BW too or can our reservation at BW be linked to the Poly MB's? And if so do I have to do anything special to link them?

Thanks!

We are heading to DW in August and have a split stay - Poly and Boardwalk. Can't wait! I've customized our bands for the first reservation (Poly). Do we have to get MagicBands for the BW too or can our reservation at BW be linked to the Poly MB's? And if so do I have to do anything special to link them?

Thanks!
I've done split stays where I declined the second set of bands, and had the CMs at check-in to the 2nd resort put our new room info on the original bands.

You don't HAVE to have new bands for your second stay. I think there's a spot in MDE to decline them. Many like the chance to get one of a different colour, though.

Anything that is active in your MDE account ( room reservation, tickets, dining plan) can be accessed by any MB that is also active in your account. But I'd double check with the front desk of your second resort that your old MB will open your resort door.

I opted to get both sets of Magic Bands for my split stay last summer, mostly so I could have various colors. Turned out all bands were linked to both reservations. Didn't even need to go to the lobby of the second resort to activate or link anything. They texted me our room number and into the room I went. Super easy.
You can decline the Magic Bands and it will work the same way.

I have two of each color so I now decline mine and have no problems. They are all linked and everything (other than charging and that's my fault) works fine.

I opted to get both sets of Magic Bands for my split stay last summer, mostly so I could have various colors. Turned out all bands were linked to both reservations. Didn't even need to go to the lobby of the second resort to activate or link anything. They texted me our room number and into the room I went. Super easy.
You can decline the Magic Bands and it will work the same way.

And that's how it is supposed to work.

They are all linked and everything (other than charging and that's my fault) works fine.

Meaning you don't tend to set up charge accounts? Makes sense. :)

I don't tend to, either. But when I do all bands can access it for that stay.

I don't check with a cm that other bands can open a room. For me, the less cm-band interaction, the better. In my experience when they start asking to check things, that's when problems happen. I simply expect them to work as they should, and if anything glitchy happens i take care of it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter