Main Dining Waitlist? Sail in less than two weeks?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Is there any hope of being switched before we sail in two weeks? Still showing second seating. Has anyone been switched this close to sailing or closer or am I out of luck?

Is there any hope of being switched before we sail in two weeks? Still showing second seating. Has anyone been switched this close to sailing or closer or am I out of luck?
When you check in at the port, pay attention to the Navigator they give you. There will be a place and a time to meet for dining changes. Do not assume you are out of luck!pixiedust:

We've been switched as far out as 3 months and as close as 2 days before.

It’s probably doable but I’m a big advocate of late dinner. Much more relaxing. And remember even if you have Children, in order to see the show after dinner it doesn’t generally start until 8 or 815 and goes for an hour. The early show at 615 is what you see before the late dinner.

They changed mine about 2 weeks before. I was getting very nervous and had even called them about it.

We cruise in 4 days and quite a few in my Facebook group just checked today and saw they had been finally moved to early dining so don’t give up hope.

We booked our cruise 2.5 weeks before sailing, so of course we got second seating.
I waitlisted and a week and a half later - exactly one week before sailing - we were switched to main seating.

This was for the 10/18 3 night on the Disney Dream (so very recent.)

We booked on a Tuesday and boarded the Dream on the next Monday having been wait listed for main dining. We were able to change to main seating by going to the designated location before sail away. So there is hope even if your wait list doesn't come through prior to your sail date.

It’s probably doable but I’m a big advocate of late dinner. Much more relaxing. And remember even if you have Children, in order to see the show after dinner it doesn’t generally start until 8 or 815 and goes for an hour. The early show at 615 is what you see before the late dinner.

I am a big 2nd seating person as well. In addition to the quoted reasons, also, the kid's club crew will pick up your kiddos after they eat and bring them to the kid's club. That way mom and dad can enjoy a quiet dessert and maybe sneak in a drink or stroll on the deck before the kids get picked up!

I would call. When I got off the waitlist, it was within an hour of my phone call. I did so after numerous people here recommended it and said they do give priority to people who follow up. I think the waitlist is more of a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" situation rather than "first come first serve".

I would call. When I got off the waitlist, it was within an hour of my phone call. I did so after numerous people here recommended it and said they do give priority to people who follow up. I think the waitlist is more of a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" situation rather than "first come first serve".
Thank you. I have done the online chat but did just call after reading your response:) The cast member gave me the same line about asking to see if there was availability on the ship when we get on board and then told me we could eat dinner at Cabanas early if the wait list doesn't come through. Really hope it doesn't come to that! We have allergies and need to pre-order our food the night before with our server. I then asked if my reservation was showing waitlist for main dining and he asked for my reservation number because he wasn't looking at my reservation! So we will see!

We changed our dining on our first cruise from early to late once we were on board - so I assume someone else was able to move into the spot left open by us.....

Thank you. I have done the online chat but did just call after reading your response:) The cast member gave me the same line about asking to see if there was availability on the ship when we get on board and then told me we could eat dinner at Cabanas early if the wait list doesn't come through. Really hope it doesn't come to that! We have allergies and need to pre-order our food the night before with our server. I then asked if my reservation was showing waitlist for main dining and he asked for my reservation number because he wasn't looking at my reservation! So we will see!
Is it noted in your reservation that you'll need to pre-order your food?

I leave in 2 weeks and no success on the waitlist. Been on the waitlist since July. I plan to try to change when I get on the ship. I’ve done both Main and late many times and prefer main.

My guess is that it was just a coincidence. I think they do it in the order that people get put on the WL. Last cruise I logged in to check and we were still on late dining, then called DCL to add in a few purchases/requests and was about to tell the CM to take us off the WL since we were ok with late after all, and when I was talking to her I re-logged in and we had just been switched. It was right around PIF day, and people dropped off right around that date, and I hadn't even asked about dining yet, so I'm pretty sure it was just a funny coincidence. The CM and I laughed about it when I told her my next request didn't exist anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter